PDA

View Full Version : My clutch is giving me troubles and I'm new. Please help!

Trimoto_momma
02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I have 4 1984 Yamaha 225DX trikes and a 1985 Honda Big Red (I call her Baja Betty) Yesterday I picked up the 4th 225dx and I am trying to adjust the clutch but the screw adjuster wont turn! I can get the lock nut off, but it still wont turn. I have never taken a cover off. What can I do?:wondering

mooseknuckle
02-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Try an impact driver, just don't hammer it too hard, just enough to break it free.

Trimoto_momma
03-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I cant see anyplace to put an impact on the adjusting screw. There is nothing to grab. I think i am just going to pull the cover off later today and see what is going on inside! Thanks though!

mooseknuckle
03-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Yeah, sorry about that, I was picturing the clutch adjustment screw like the BR has. I have no idea wbat it looks like on a 225dx.

dustrunner
03-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Try an impact driver, just don't hammer it too hard, just enough to break it free. if you have a screw that wont budge = use an impact driver...that is a tool that you put a screwdriver bit in and then hit with a hammer and the shock of the hammer usually breaks the screw free so you can turn it out...im thinking you were thinking of an impact wrench ??? just make sure the arrow is in the correct position you want the screw to turn... hope this helps,,,