PDA

View Full Version : Ebay carbureters

averysdad
02-28-2013, 09:48 PM
What is the best carb to buy off ebay for a 200x? My stock carb is leaking gas like crazy and back firing when you let off the gas and there is white smoke coming from exhaust and spark plug is black. I think I may have turned the pilot screw to tight and damaged the seat. Is there a way you can tell if the seat is damaged? I dont know if I should rebuild the stock carb or just buy an after market one off of ebay. The rebuild kits are haft the price of a new carb and im not a carb expert and not sure if the seat is damaged. What is the best carb to get off of ebay and the biggest one I can get without having to modify the intake.

barnett468
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Hello averysdad

Unfortunately you may have a different or additional problem. The white smoke is burning OIL not gas. Excess gas is black smoke. If you remove a spark plug from a running motor and it is damp even the tiniest bit that is oil not gas no matter what color your plug is. The popping could be burnt valve, bad spark plug [try a new one], carb or points/timing. That much is bad rings, the guides may also be leaking in addition.

Where is your carb leaking, it could just be floats or something?

Why did you close the mix screw all the way, this is bad?

averysdad
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Ya I understand the rings or valves may be bad and im going to need to rebuild the top end later. I dont think the plug is wet but will check into it more. I adjusted the valves it seems it has more compression now than it did and it starts easier. The plug has good white and blue spark when laying on the head. For right now i just want to get a good carb put on it that way i can ride it untill i get ready to rebuild the top end. I dont know why i turned the pilot screw in tight and I dont know exactly where the carb is leaking from its like its leaking everywhere espeacially the bowl gasket. From the bowl, the mix screw, and maybe some other places. Someone stuck a bolt in the over flow hose before i got it havnt taken it out yet. I mostly want to know if this carb is worth rebuilding after i tightend the mix screw to much or whats the best carb to get off of ebay and whats the biggest to get with having to modify the intake.

barnett468
02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Hello

Someone here should know the right ebay carb apparantly it's easiest to install an original style carb which I think is a 24mm kehin. Someone else shoukd know for sure.

Was there no clearance on the valves prior to your adjustment?

If the plug is black toss it don't waste your time it may not spark well under cylinder pressure!

kebby28
02-28-2013, 11:51 PM
I got a decent new carb off ebay for my 200es and surprisingly bolted right on and didn't have to adjust anything and it runs excellent for only about $30.

averysdad
02-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Ya it's a 24mm Kehin on it now the valves had too much clearance I fixed that I just want the stock intak betwen the carb and head to work I don't really need the breather box ill but a air filter on carb

barnett468
03-01-2013, 12:22 AM
I got a decent new carb off ebay for my 200es and surprisingly bolted right on and didn't have to adjust anything and it runs excellent for only about $30.

Hello kebby28

Can you supply the numbers on the side of your carb for him or can you give him the ebay sellers name in case he is a dealer and has more. This info would be good to know since others here are looking for the same carb.

Does it look exactly like the orig or does it look like a newer style?

Thanks

TCLIFF
03-01-2013, 02:15 AM
A link for the carb you found on ebay that fit would be awesome like Barnett468 said, Ive been lookin for a perfect fit one, or another bigger carb that will work on the 200x

kebby28
03-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Well after looking into it for a link I realized I got this from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EEVJN2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm pretty sure it is made in Japan too.
$24

barnett468
03-01-2013, 02:36 AM
A link for the carb you found on ebay that fit would be awesome like Barnett468 said, Ive been lookin for a perfect fit one, or another bigger carb that will work on the 200x

HELLO AVERYSDAD AND TCLIFF

From what I have seen which may not be 100% accurate is that you can use a sudco mikuni carb with a universal intake or a larger mikuni with some factory intake off another model but neither one will line up the carb with the original air box boot.

barnett468
03-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Well after looking into it for a link I realized I got this from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007EEVJN2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm pretty sure it is made in Japan too.
$24

HELLO THANKS

What does the lettering say on the side EXACTLY if you don't mind. There is no way it could be a new japanese made carb for that price but if it works who cares?

The amazon photos are of two different carb's, nice!
Thanks

kebby28
03-01-2013, 02:50 AM
I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm sure its nothing special but I have been running it for a year now and it still purrs. I was just impressed that I didn't have to adjust anything. Just bolted it on (exact replacement) and it fired right up.

I tried cleaning my old carb thoroughly with cleaners, compressed air and rebuild kits but finally decided to replace it.

barnett468
03-01-2013, 03:41 AM
I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm sure its nothing special but I have been running it for a year now and it still purrs. I was just impressed that I didn't have to adjust anything. Just bolted it on (exact replacement) and it fired right up.

I tried cleaning my old carb thoroughly with cleaners, compressed air and rebuild kits but finally decided to replace it.

Hello

OK, cool, below is the linkto keihins on ebay. Real orig used keihins are $60.00 to $100.00 there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATV-3-Wheeler-ATC200E-ATC200ES-ATC-200-Carburetor-CARB-/190645145074?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c63560df2