PDA

View Full Version : kehin carb

fxrs
03-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I have recently bought a carb that was supposed to have come off trx 400 quad.I am trying to install it on an 85 350x.I measured it and it is 36mm at the back of the carb.It fitts the stock manifold and the air cleaner hooks up fine.Was wondering if someone know if this really came off a trx400,the number on the side of the carb isQB02AAJB.i AM TRYING TO BUY A REBUILD KIT FOR THE CARB BUT NOT SURE WHICH VEHICLE IT CAME FROM.Also if someone has a jet recomedation that would be cool.so far i have jetted it 45 slow jet 145 main needle clip second from top.Seems to run ok butlow speed needle is closed down but idles and run good.I think it should be out about 2 turns on the mixture screw.HELP

barnett468
03-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Hello

The fact that your mix screw is closed means one or two things, float level is too high and/or pilot is too big. You should need 1/2 choke at around 65 degrees also if your pilot/float level is correct. I would drop the pilot to around 38 turn the mix screw out 1 1/2 turns then try it. Look for any flat spots just off idle.

Use a new or plug or used plug with clean white or light tan porcelain. If your carb is rich it will quickly turn brown or black.