PDA

View Full Version : I need 1984 Honda 250r white rear fenders?

Manimal
03-03-2013, 12:49 AM
I have a 1984 Honda 250r that I am putting together. I have a 1985 front end with white front fender and headlight shroud. I also have recently purchased a white plastic IMS gas tank. Here is the dilemma, I also just ordered white rear Maier fenders from ghsuppliesdirect.com through eBay. However, they just informed me that they can't proceed with my order, because Maier has stopped producing the white fender for the 1983-1984 model. So then I got curious and when directly to their website and they say on the page that they have the black, white, an red fender in stock. I wrote them earlier today and haven't received a reply, but I totally expect they will send me an email back soon. So the problem is I already have all this white plastic, but may not be able to get the white rear fenders. Does anyone know where I could purchase white rear fenders for my 1984 Honda 250r? Thanks!

Manimal
03-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Correction - ghdiscountatvsupply.com

83atc200
05-05-2013, 11:43 AM
What I have done before is bought 600 bottles of liqued paper white out and painted te red set white. It takes some time but you wont be disappointed with the end result.

M.Pargiello
05-05-2013, 11:47 AM
What I have done before is bought 600 bottles of liqued paper white out and painted te red set white. It takes some time but you wont be disappointed with the end result.

Cant tell if you are serious.......but I can guarantee you will be disappointed

Brclark11
01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
I am having the same problem with my bike. Luckily, I bought another 250r with decent red plastics on the back. I have become a pro at painting these plastics. 1) sand the hell out of the plastics. Get every scratch and sticker off. 2) 2 coats of white kyrlon primer, must be the kind that bonds to plastic. 3) 2 coats of white gloss krylon, again the kind that bonds to plastic. 4) finally the last step. Make sure to put about 2 coats of clear coat. Again the krylon plastic. I have done thing multiple times to both tanks and plastics. Check out my pink and white 350x. All done with this method. PM for any more questions.