PDA

View Full Version : Help Please I'm getting so frustrated!

ColtonGG33
03-03-2013, 05:52 PM
So I thought my foot peg was bending because it just started going down further and further so yesterday I just tool a close look at and it ends up the foot peg bolts where they go in to the tread it broke the weld of the nut and that is part of the frame, I can't weld it because I don't have a welder on me right now and I don know what to do, it might sound confusing to you, the foot peg nut Inside the frame broke the weld, just said that so u can understand it better
Any help will be great

The only thing I can think of is get a new frame but its not worth it to me to buy a 200$ frame I would just buy another 3 wheeler for that

dustrunner
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
seems like you could find someone to weld it for ya for 20 $..

ColtonGG33
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM
So just like take it to a weld shop or maybe a place we have that fixes atv called kneppers. I would have to take the hole thing in though because I can't take it all apart, would the be ok

trike savior
03-03-2013, 11:29 PM
any auto or body shop should have a welder and would more than likely help a young guy like you. take the whole thing they will be able to weld it with bike in one piece

kebby28
03-03-2013, 11:36 PM
What kinda wheeler?

ColtonGG33
03-04-2013, 12:58 AM
It's a 83 yamaha 225dx

muthey
03-04-2013, 01:15 AM
there are ways to fix it so it never breaks again but it takes a welder some metric taps and matching drill bit and some round stock and a torch

ColtonGG33
03-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Ok, what about this I need all your opinions, what if I take out the nut inside the frame and drill thru the rest of the way and get a longer bolt and put it thru the hole in the frame. But will it screw up the frame? Thats seems like the easiest way, but I'm not sure

trike savior
03-04-2013, 02:00 AM
no dont do that. thats what we call a hack job and drilling frame like that will weaken it and make it prone to rusting out. take it to someone with a welder and get it done right. it wont cost too much.

ColtonGG33
03-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Ok looks like im gonnabe doing some calling tomorrow and gotta find a truck, so I dot think she will be running anytime soon, unless we can get our welder fixed and some thick gauge wire

muthey
03-04-2013, 08:35 AM
the way I was talking does involve drilling through the frame, but you will be adding a piece of round stock that has been center drilled and tapped through it to match the original bolt, and then welded into the frame on both sides which will increase the stability of the foot peg and not weaken the frame to breaking. However there is a problem with all this if your frame is rusted out in that area, it will be very hard to weld it up. You might want to contact a machine shop and see what they would charge to fix it as well.