PDA

View Full Version : any suggestion will help...350x

tommy boy
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I just picked up a 85 350x....its pretty ruff but I'd rather save it then let it go extinct.....I was think of what to do either make a missile 2 wheeler (which I think will b cheaper then a full restoration....like I said it is ruff with a terribly welded swinger n a bearing carrier that is cracked......any suggestions would help....will add pics as soon as I can figure out how to.....not a computer guy.....

jb2wheels
03-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Keep it on 3.

An eBay swinger and fresh bearing carrier will be cheaper and easier than trying to make it into an overgrown Fat Cat.

I had a BW200 for a while. Closest thing to a Missile I've every been on. Neat bike but not my thing.

Buck Snort
03-05-2013, 04:54 AM
The 350X I just bought needs alot done to it. I am going to buy parts over the next year and then tear into it. I don't want to rush this project, but I do have other trikes to ride too. So I think it would worth it to restore the machine back to its old glory. If you have the time and want to put the money into it.

WwSiViCwW
03-05-2013, 08:39 AM
i agree with jb... get yourself a swinger and carrier from ebay or craigslist and little by little bring her back to ilfe...in my opinion you should most definitly keep it a trike and dont her her get too far gone :)

tommy boy
03-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys I will most definitely go that route.......I will make a nice thread this weekend....I need to learn the computer....it really not my thing......

Buck Snort
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah for sure post some pics. It sounds like we have the same sort of project ahead of us.