PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Blaster exhaust/silencer question??

Dirtcrasher
12-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey guys,

Muddytrikegirl hates the "ugly" stock Blaster silencer. She would like some type of aftermarket silencer but can we keep the stock pipe and just bolt on a silencer?? Are there any that fit really well or very poorly??

She rides great but isn't ready for a complete FMF or similar system - just a silncer for the "look affect" would work great for her.

I told her that until she can ride it around on our track like a raped ape begging for more power that she has to keep the stock pipe, but I will sandblast it and paint it for her to keep her smiling. We just want to know if there are some silencers which will right bolt up.

Thanks you!!!!!

TRI-Zbrian
12-13-2003, 08:39 PM
both DG and fmf sell silencers that will bolt up to the existing stock head pipe. go to www.denniskirk.com they have soem nice prices there

Honda300ex
12-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Yea DG bolts right up.. I like it better then FMF i dont like seeing a 2ft long sylencer sticking out... Be sure to jet it ;)

jason85atc250r
12-23-2003, 10:28 PM
let her get the pipe they don't make that big a of a difference on a blaster thats still a stock port job. she'll be able to handle it. maybe you don't want her to whoop you on the track. :D don't get a dg they are junk they don't give you hardly any more power then a stock pipe. i had a motofast pipe on the one i useed to race mx with. they have the best lowend of any pipe awesome for a trail bike. it hurt me though on the wide oped track but i wopped up on the tight tracks.

Dirtcrasher
12-23-2003, 10:51 PM
let her get the pipe they don't make that big a of a difference on a blaster thats still a stock port job. she'll be able to handle it. maybe you don't want her to whoop you on the track. :D don't get a dg they are junk they don't give you hardly any more power then a stock pipe. i had a motofast pipe on the one i useed to race mx with. they have the best lowend of any pipe awesome for a trail bike. it hurt me though on the wide oped track but i wopped up on the tight tracks.

Believe me - she has to be one of the best riders and hottest chicks I've seen on a quad or ATC.

I tease her - until she can pin it on all our jumps that she can't have a fatty pipe but I will get it for her someday. She is amazed at how fast my 250R blows the Blasters doors off and it P's her off. Her biggest beef is that the stock Blaster can is just huge and ugly.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

jason85atc250r
12-23-2003, 11:28 PM
not bad. take the oil injection off her bike for her. that makes as much of or more of a difference as installing a pipe. the stock junk gives it to much oil when you are idling and just putting around. you have to go a couple bigger jet sizes in the carb when you do this. if you send it out to Trinity get it ported and install a 35mm carb it will defintily hang with your 250r. one guy i used to race agianst had a trinity motor i had problems hanging in there with him. he would beat some of the vet class guys on trx 250r's and banshees. they started in front of the blaster class with a split gate.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Well, when you have something that has four wheels, and weighs about the same as most trikes, when you soup it up, it has no problem hanging with the big boys.

ATCRYDER
12-24-2003, 01:08 AM
hey dirtcrasher, ill take that stock silencer if youve replaced it already. Let me know a price 1st ofcourse.

G-MAN-1
12-24-2003, 09:06 PM
if you want a nice silencer i prefer you to get the FMF power core it sounds nice and not too load. and it works great with a stock pipe............... :idea:

Jugernaut
12-26-2003, 07:58 PM
I have a DG silencer on my 98 Blaster,dont like it..Just as soon as I find a stock silencer,it WILL be changed..

Honda300ex
12-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Whats the matter with a DG Silencer?? I bet once you change it you will like it better then stocker.. The Stocker is huge.. i cant stand it.. Im getting a DG for free for my project blaster so i cant complain..