PDA

View Full Version : Ammo shortages

Scootertrash
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my car and said in a very sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in a trade of sex for ammo?"

I thought it over for a few seconds and responded.....

"Well, it depends on what kind of ammo you have."

Mr_RPM
03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
joke aside, a bit of info thats not just rumor

http://www.hornady.com/support/availability

El Camexican
03-07-2013, 02:11 PM
HA! Good one.

One night I was riding around (true story BTW) with a couple of buddies on street bikes and we stopped for a smoke near a known hooker crawl. As we were sitting there a doped up ho comes staggering over and asks one of the guys if he’d be interested in some company. He takes a big drag on his smoke and looks her up and down real slow, exhales and says “Sure, how much ya looking to spend?”. I almost laughed out a lung.

Scootertrash
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
joke aside, a bit of info thats not just rumor

http://www.hornady.com/support/availability

I'm deep into firearms, the ammo shortages, along with anything AR15 related, have been going on since late January. Even .22 LR is going for insane prices. You know those federal 525 bulk red box? usually about 20-25 bucks a box? Check this out, 50.00 to 60.00+ per box, with a high of 102.00 per box for 3 boxes!!!!:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Ammunition/Completed/BCI.aspx?Keywords=Federal.22+LR&Timeframe=1

EVERYONE is backordered on magazines, I placed an order for some Gen 2 Pmags back on Dec. 24th and just got them 2 weeks ago, and I still have one more order in process. It's friggin nuts out there.

Scootertrash
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
HA! Good one.

One night I was riding around (true story BTW) with a couple of buddies on street bikes and we stopped for a smoke near a known hooker crawl. As we were sitting there a doped up ho comes staggering over and asks one of the guys if he’d be interested in some company. He takes a big drag on his smoke and looks her up and down real slow, exhales and says “Sure, how much ya looking to spend?”. I almost laughed out a lung.

HAHA! Good one!! Many years ago I stopped by the Harley shop and when I walked in the store the girl behind the counter (cute, young thing) said "What can I do ya for?" I said "How about 20 bucks?" Took her a bit but she finally figured it out. I don't think I've ever seen anyone blush that red before.

Angore
03-07-2013, 08:20 PM
HA! Good one.

I just laughed my Cherry-Coke on my screen . Going to grab some paper towels , be right back.....

Chazz of Blades
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
All I know is every store within 50 miles is sold out of almost everything. As soon as Walmart gets truck in pawn shops come in and buy EVERYTHING right off the truck, and sell for 3x the price.

Literally can't get anything but some cheap ass 20 gauge and uncommon hunting calibers. Can't even find 22s around here.

volfan537240
03-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Academy sports down the road from me has a lot of ammo but gets sold out minutes after they open up. A line starts at the door every day at 730 and they open up at 8.

A buddy of mine buys a 1000 round pack of 223 for $450 and sells em on gun broker for $900. Not a bad deal for him at $500 profit on each sale.

tri again
03-08-2013, 03:23 AM
no 22 here either.

I just go by to look at the empty shelves.
No powder or primers either.

Well, p dex is avail and like chazz said, oddball obsolete rifle like 32 spec (which I happen to have)

This guy came in and saw they had quite a bit o' 17 hmr or whatever those little bottle neck cartridges are so he bought a rifle for the bullets he found and bought them all.

At least the world is getting safer.

hoosierlogger
03-08-2013, 08:01 AM
the best part about this is as soon as things calm down, the market will be flooded with ammo. The prices should be lower than they were before this whole thing started.

Scootertrash
03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
That may more than likely be the same for firearms also. Lightly used (if at all) going cheap, especially if the econopmy stays stagnant or heads down hill more.

volfan537240
03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Especially when all the paranoid mofos that went out and bought a AR on credit need to sell them. When Obama and the Democrats don't get their way or if they do but the NRA keeps it wrapped up years in court through the rest of his term.

If everybody wasn't so paranoid and rushed out to buy up all the guns and ammo none of this would've happened.

rjs89ia
03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Better safe than sorry though. I stocked up on quite a bit when things started getting sketchy. I bought a ton of bulk ammo and even stuff for a gun i hadn't even bought yet. The gun shop i go too is very good about keeping things in stock so to make sure everyone gets what they want they put a limit on how much you can buy as well. Usually only 3 of ammo and magazines. I'll be there today after work and see what all they have. I know they have some Pmags 35 a piece and 223 usually runs about 16-20 for a box of 20.

El Camexican
03-08-2013, 10:05 AM
If everybody wasn't so paranoid and rushed out to buy up all the guns and ammo none of this would've happened.

Some call it paranoia, others call it strategic planning.:)

Motorgidd
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Here where I live (Fort Dodge, Ia.) we have plenty of ammo at our local sporting goods store… just no guns to go with it! I talked to the owner and he said, quote - "President Obama has been my best customer!"

Chazz of Blades
03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I honestly think the whole gun ban scare is a very elaborate plan to boost the economy, which it's greatly doing. I mean think about it, the best way to make someone do something is to tell them they can't, and would this much money and commodities be circulating if the government just told us to start buying?

This has probably been one of the biggest economy boosts I've ever saw in my lifetime.

volfan537240
03-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Bs. Obammer would never think of any idea that would benefit this country haha.

Chazz of Blades
03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
^ And that's the exact train of thought you're meant to think.

A president is nothing but a figurehead, a fall guy if you will, a scapegoat. That's why our government isn't a monarchy, it takes a lot of different people to do something, if Obama had half the power everyone wants to believe he does it WOULD be a monarchy. A president nowadays is nothing but a focal point for all the ire that the government inflicts, a single person that everyone can blame all their troubles on, rather than knowing it's MUCH larger than that and revolting against the ones who actually do the decision making.

Once people actually start thinking that 'Maybe it's not one dude doing all of this' and stop focusing on one guy who doesn't have nearly the power, and doesn't do a quarter of the things you think he does, THEN and only then, can America as a country start to regain the spirit and soul that made it as prosperous and free as it once was.

And I'm not fan, don't get me wrong. I've yet to see a president in the years that I've been cognitive enough to understand politics that hasn't been this same way. So no bashing on me saying I'm a liberal, democrat, obama-lover, or whatever opposes your individual views, because I truly am not.

I'm not a Liberal, Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Left Winger, Right Winger, or an Independent.

I'm an American.

Scootertrash
03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Elaborate plan or not, you know who will take credit for the uptick in hiring and spending. ;) Problem is, there are those who will believe it.

09RappySE
03-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Glad I stocked up on 5.56 when it was $300 for 1000 rnds....there is no shortage for me.

Billy Golightly
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
The problem with your theory is that you've neglected to take into consideration a little thing called Executive Order, which only became as widely used as it is now in the last 10 years or so. Obama signed his executive order with new gun control measures, its already done basically. It had his name at the bottom, not congresses.

^ And that's the exact train of thought you're meant to think.

A president is nothing but a figurehead, a fall guy if you will, a scapegoat. That's why our government isn't a monarchy, it takes a lot of different people to do something, if Obama had half the power everyone wants to believe he does it WOULD be a monarchy. A president nowadays is nothing but a focal point for all the ire that the government inflicts, a single person that everyone can blame all their troubles on, rather than knowing it's MUCH larger than that and revolting against the ones who actually do the decision making.

Once people actually start thinking that 'Maybe it's not one dude doing all of this' and stop focusing on one guy who doesn't have nearly the power, and doesn't do a quarter of the things you think he does, THEN and only then, can America as a country start to regain the spirit and soul that made it as prosperous and free as it once was.

And I'm not fan, don't get me wrong. I've yet to see a president in the years that I've been cognitive enough to understand politics that hasn't been this same way. So no bashing on me saying I'm a liberal, democrat, obama-lover, or whatever opposes your individual views, because I truly am not.

I'm not a Liberal, Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Left Winger, Right Winger, or an Independent.

I'm an American.

daniel_250r
03-15-2013, 07:18 PM
all i shoot is 7.62 x39 and .22 and theres still lots up here too bad i cant catapult it over to you. and maybe throw a few 200$ russian sks rifles over too. or maybe a 400$ m14

yamaha225dr
03-16-2013, 04:10 AM
I work at a machine shop building various gun parts, barrel reamers and head space gauges for any type of rifle,bb/pellet gun,pistol or shotgun known to man and this whole craze has us busting our rears trying to stay ahead of the demand! I have done so many 223/5.56 and 300 AAC Blackout gauges that I dream about them at night in my sleep!lol This last month though 308,260 and 243 orders have been rising but I don't know why.