PDA

View Full Version : Carb help please!!!!!!

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 05:23 PM
So on my 225dx I just installed a twist throttle I got, and now my trike is revving super high, what did I do wrong?

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
It sounds like I'm giving it half throttle, but it will rev when I twist the throttle

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Ok so I got the idle good but it still seems rough, it wants to move its self a little bit when I'm stopped, come in guys I know you can help me

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm really confused because the idles low but it still moves?

Highhorse78
03-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I hope you adjusted the cable itself before messing with the idle screw on the Carb. If not, now you have two variables at play. What is the twist throttle off of? Or is it universal?

trike savior
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
check cable adjustment and make sure you put the carb slide in properly. twist throttles can also stick because they ride on the handle bar. so if your handle bar is rusty or dirty and then you put the twist throttle over it, it can stick and do funny stuff. id suggest wire wheeling that hole area and cleaning it.

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I didn't know about adjusting the cable? Never did it before. What is there to adjust on the cable?? I'm not exactly sure what the carb slide looks like I'm about 75 % sure I put back together right. But what should I adjust the the cable??

Cornholio
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
make sure the cable is not too tight.. is what they mean.. and not so tight that it holds the slide up while its in the carb.. if it is up further than it should be get a longer cable or loosen it up if its the right length.

ColtonGG33
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Well u think that there are two things I can adjust, should I adjust the one closer to the carb? Because the other one if the how much play in the twist throttle

trike savior
03-07-2013, 10:50 PM
you need to look down throat of carb and make sure carb slide is against the set screw. there should more thann likely be one adjustment where the cable comes out of the twist throttle or on the slide cap of carb. there should be some threaded parts that the cable goes into. threading one way or the other will lengthen or shorten the distance the cable sleeve is from the twist throttle cover (or slide cap). the longer away from the sleeve is from the twist throttle housing the more tension that is on the cable inside, causing the throttle to be tight and moving the slide open. with the engine off you should be able to move the twist throttle a little (1/16 of a turn) without moving the carb slide. if it moves the slide with even the littlest movement of the twist throttle the cable is too tight

ColtonGG33
03-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Even as confusin as this sounds I think I know what your mean, at the end if the cable is where the cap screws on and that part needs adjusted, I got it ill go do this tomorrow and let you know how it goes
Thanks for all your guys help