PDA

View Full Version : new score 1985 250sx with orig title and paper work 475 bucks!!!!!!!!

rouseanator
03-08-2013, 11:38 PM
So it runs good took it out riding once and it seems that the swing arm bearings have gone out first i noticed that it was riding kinda funny and was slipping outa gear alittle thought it was the shaft but then i noticed that it was tilting side to side more than it was looks to be the swing arm bearings did alittle research and looks like they can be a pain to change im going to attempted it anyways any pointers...... also none of the lights worked neutral reveres headlight etc so while im waiting for parts im messing with it spent most of the day working on it oh and also the electric start doesn't work it does when you touch both the bolts on the solenoid with a screw driver so thought I needed a new solenoid and that might be why the lights dont work but it ended up i took the solenoid off my bigred 250es to test it and it was doing the same thing so it ended up being the ignition was toast the key didn't work and the key was stuck in the ignition and the black and white wire and the green wire were off so messed around checking everything for hours and then just cut off the ignition and just put the red and the black wires together and bam every thing works:naughty: neutral reverse and headlight and also the electric start what a relief :lol:so now gota do these damn bearings I hate messin with bearings prob going to make a video as I do it to help some other folks out so if you have any pointers please let me know thanks guys

trike savior
03-09-2013, 12:06 AM
your going to need a torch, the only way that swing arm retainer will move is when its orange hot. and you will need to make or buy the special socket to fit it. good luck