PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda ATC 125m/ATC 110 Transmission Parts Interchangability

wrecker200
03-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I just purchased a 1985 Honda ATC 125m. The trike is pretty good condition and runs very well. The only issue is that there is a loud clicking noise in 3rd gear. It sounds like you are riding along a picket fence. Despite the noise it still rides and pulls good. The previous owner told me that the trike was just fine until the chain came loose while riding one day, and the noise has been present ever since. He said he believes that there are chipped or missing teeth on the 3rd speed gears, since the noise is only present in 3rd gear. The noise is present in 3rd gear with the sub transmission in both high and low gears. He gave me a 1985 ATC 110 bottom end assembly for parts. Does anyone know if the gears out of the 110 transmission are the same as the 125m? Does anyone know if replacement parts are still available from Honda? I would like to repair this trike, but I don't want to spend a fortune on it. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

kebby28
03-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Some people on ebay will break these motors down and sell individual gears.

trike savior
03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
ive never seen a printout of the gear ratios for each bike but i have been in bottom ends of both engines and they are the same. you could look at online parts microfiche and make sure gear part #'s are the same. if the bottom end he gave you is good i would slap all the 125 parts on that bottom end and go. good luck

Trike_crazy
03-15-2013, 08:59 AM
I dont think the 125 top end will fit on the 110 bottom end. The 125 has a different bore and stroke and i believe the cylinder it taller on a 125 so the studs wont work and the stud spacing is off too. I would brake the cases open and swap the 110 gears to the 125 case. Good luck!