PDA

View Full Version : Man I hate some people!!!

briano
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
So I'm working on a car for some complete deadbeats, first they get a price from me a few weeks ago to do a tune up on their car. Then makes an appointment and doesn't show up to do the job, no call just a no show. Today they have an appointment for 8a.m. they show up at 10 with their own parts, now I'm pist, then they want an itemized estimate to turn into the state so the state can pay the bill. I was busy so I didn't do an estimate, they owner said just fix it. So I finally get the car in the shop, there is garbage in the back so deep that you can't see the floor or seat, PIGS. I get ready to change plugs and this car needs the upper intake taken apart for spark plug access, there are stripped, broken and rounded off bolts all over on the intake. Evidently this deadbeat was going to do his own work and now made more for me. Well I put the car outside without touching it. They are fired as my customers lol. I hate people that have to screw me by not showing up for an appointment and then being 2 hours late and having their own parts, only to find out it is going to take longer to complete the project because they had to play around and ruin a bunch of bolts.

Well that's my rant for right now, on to my next customer.

I know lots of you guys have shared something similar so thanks for reading and sorry to everyone that gets to deal with buttholes on a day to day basis like I do.

briano
03-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Let me clarify the deadbeat part. This couple is in their late 20s or early 30s, no jobs, pumping out kids and living off the state. Absolutely no ambition to work or do anything productive at all.

DasUberKraut
03-13-2013, 03:11 PM
You did the right thing. Taught them a lesson about life. Which apparently no one else has. :beer to you sir.

tri again
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
aaaah, the ol' bait and switch and 2 day oil change.

THEY mess up the drain plug and case/pan and we get to fix them for 19.95$.

Not being judgemental but even scarier than deadbeats is to hear the words,
"I'm an engineer and my ______ doesn't work".

In all my years, I've learned that there are some people you simply cannot help.
We CAN make things worse by helping or loaning money etc.

Even the society that promotes that lifestyle posts signs that say, "don't feed the animals".
because they'll become dependent and not forage for themselves.

Scootertrash
03-13-2013, 04:58 PM
You did the right thing. Taught them a lesson about life. Which apparently no one else has. :beer to you sir.

It would be nice to think that maybe they learned something, but probably not. They'll just move on to the next guy.

Good job briano!

DasUberKraut
03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Good point. Either way. It wasn't his mess to clean up. I would have done the same.

300rman
03-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Nothing wrong with firing customers......Nobody needs "customers" like that.

kb0nly
03-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah i would have done the same thing, i'm never that hard up for work to do that i have to bend over for people like that. Even worst is if you did the job you would have to keep the car under lock and key until they pay the bill to make sure you dont get skipped out on.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Since when does welfare pay for car repairs now?? My God! Is there no end to this madness!!

Cave Rider
03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Welfare will buy you the whole damn car...I mean govt. Assistance. Put you in a home,buy your groceries,give you a cell phone,and clothing..most of which is nicer than what the working man has...oh yeah,they pay for your heating too !!! My reward for working 5 - 12hr days was.....paying for my own trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and getting taxed to death...

briano
03-17-2013, 12:25 PM
^^^ yup, the guy was texting his girlfriend to come and pick him up from the shop on his IPhone, new shoes, nice name brand clothes, it makes me sick that in the long run I'm paying for their car repairs and I have to work on it. The money that gets taken out of my check every week, there's part of it going to these lazy bastards.

I had to work on this same couples car about 2 years ago, there was a list of things that needed to be fixed. They just said fix it, so I get the car done, write up the bill and give them a call. They come to pick up the car and give me a form to fill out for the state and an address to mail the bill, I told them the car is not leaving until the bill was paid. The girl starts screaming that it can take up to 90 days for the state to pay, I told her there was a spot in the back of the shop where the car will sit even if it takes 3 months. The couple took off in their other car with a copy of the bill, and wouldn't you know it, they came back with a check from the welfare office. Unbelievable, it gets me mad just thinking about it.

yamaha225dr
03-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Stories like this really ticks me off! I was unemployed for four months last year and I didn't even draw an unemployment check, yet deadbeats milk the system like a dairy cow!