PDA

View Full Version : 1987 250ES Big Red on Ebay..check this out!

dougspcs
03-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm eager to see the final price of this beauty..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Honda-ATC-250es-Big-Red-Super-low-hours-Like-New-Original-ATC-250-BigRed-/121081529492?pt=ATVs&hash=item1c31058494

$4250 with 5 days left!

dustrunner
03-17-2013, 10:48 AM
ya, that's sweet. it was at $3500 yesterday....

captainweezy
03-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Doug are you ok?? Im going to be the classified police here. Wrong place again. Just being a smart azz!:D

dougspcs
03-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Doug are you ok?? Im going to be the classified police here. Wrong place again. Just being a smart azz!:D

http://youtu.be/rlL6cQAzLdE

atc007
03-17-2013, 08:10 PM
My guess is just shy of $8000,,,hoping to see 5 digits :).. Are there ANY photographers that can PLEASE explain to me WHY that front end looks COMPLETELY JACKED UP !!!!! I know it isn't. Mike would't own it that way.. But it looks freaking totaled from the front!

kebby28
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
That is the nicest big red ever!!! If I was wealthy I'd pay 10 grand for that thing. I would ride it to but treat it nice.

vintagemotorsports
03-18-2013, 08:22 AM
My guess is just shy of $8000,,,hoping to see 5 digits :).. Are there ANY photographers that can PLEASE explain to me WHY that front end looks COMPLETELY JACKED UP !!!!! I know it isn't. Mike would't own it that way.. But it looks freaking totaled from the front!
that picture does make it look funny , But I can assure you it isnt mesed up at all I might have to snap another pic just to show a better angle , although I am not the original owner you can tell when a bike has been abused or rolled crashed etc , this thing definitley didnt . yea unfortunetly when I got hurt this year and was out of work for 2 months I didnt have any income so I need to sell off a couple of my nice items to get caught back up to get back on track. Its really a nice bike I have never owned a 250es this nice , Its not a showroom new restoration that is flawless by any means but as far as an original 26 year old off road machine its pretty nice. the inside of the gas tank is shiny new and this bike came from down south so there is no corrosion on the bolts and hardware like we see in the north east , I set my reserve at 5K thats what I feel it was worth but i will let it do whatever it will , I wanted to point out as many of the flaws as I have seen on it but i have been around these bikes enough to know the good ones are becoming few and far between.

shovelryder
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Ho hum.......Id have a trailer load of wood and a bunch of mud and scratches on it.....Too much fer this guy.........But fer me theyre like old cars.......Ya gotta use em.....Cool tho!

atc007
03-18-2013, 09:36 AM
I know if you own it Mike it is NOTHING short of breathtaking and correct!! That's why I was so taken back by that front end pic!!! I couldn't make any sense of it! It looks so BAD! But it has obviously never been crashed. If it was a 86 ,I couldn't resist :) I think you're gonna be VERY happy with the final sale price!!

vintagemotorsports
03-18-2013, 10:07 AM
I had to go out this morning and take a second look to see for myself (LOL) I even took measurements from the flat floor to different parts side by side its fine I think what made it look weird is the front fender might have had something leaning against it in my office where it was displayed that pushed it down on the one side and plastic memory held it there and if you sight the fender to the flat of the rack is was crooked I will block it up on the one side and get it to go straight again and I think the picture was taken all crooked if you look at the background . it is good now

Lord Letto 20
03-18-2013, 10:27 AM
up to $5025, 4 Days 1 hours to Go, 34 Bids on it.

atc007
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I had to go out this morning and take a second look to see for myself (LOL) I even took measurements from the flat floor to different parts side by side its fine I think what made it look weird is the front fender might have had something leaning against it in my office where it was displayed that pushed it down on the one side and plastic memory held it there and if you sight the fender to the flat of the rack is was crooked I will block it up on the one side and get it to go straight again and I think the picture was taken all crooked if you look at the background . it is good now

Ok,,Glad to hear that,As I went back and looked after posting this AM. And you could CLEARLY see from your 1st pic,,,The Big Red decal being off compared to the level of the rack. The fender being off explains everything !!! Beautiful bike :). I'm hoping to see 10 grand out of it. And I'm sure you wouldn't mind that either!! I've ALWAYS said. They're only original once. And this one Shines!! Someone will be very lucky to own her.

nik0708
03-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Nice bike, I will be keeping a very close eye on this one :naughty:

IronBear
03-19-2013, 10:24 AM
I can't believe what these bikes are going for. Good luck on your sale! I'm holding onto mine nice and tight :)

Lord Letto 20
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
up to $5025, 4 Days 1 hours to Go, 34 Bids on it.
Still at that Price, 2D 15H to Go!

dman
03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
I'd buy it if I had the money to burn... the sad part is, if I had it it would never be that perfect again..
The tires would have to go though :cool:

dustrunner
03-21-2013, 01:28 PM
went down in $... WOW... that's a first for me... this is gonna be interesting.....

ATC-Eric
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I would buy it and ride it!