PDA

View Full Version : Shift pedal problem (gearshift spindle to short?????)

andressj
03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm finishing the restoration of a 1981 ATC 110 and I'm found this problem: when I tried to put the gearshift pedal on its position I wasn't able to push the pedal all the way in the gearshift spindle because the pedal arm touched the recoil starter case before the pedal reach its proper position. The only thing I could do was to insert the pedal just about 5 milimeters on the gearshift spindle but I couldn't put the pedal bolt because the gearshift spindle slot did not match the pedal bolt hole. The gearshift spindle is new (I compared it to the original I remove from the trike and they were the same length), the shift pedal is not new but is OEM in mint condition (bought in ebay) and is the one that correspond to the 1981 ATC 110 model, the recoil starter cover is new, so canīt figure out what the problem is.

Does anyone have this problem??

jb2wheels
03-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Is 81 a CDI model 110? If so, I had a similar problem once. The shifter for the points 90 and 110 engines won't work.

andressj
03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes, it is a 1981 CDI model. I dinīt know that CDI-points gearshift pedal were different, so I guess I got a 110 points pedal!
Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!