PDA

View Full Version : Cam chain guide question .. motor reassembly '84 200x

yamasaki760
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
So i'm second guessing my cam chain guide plastic piece installation on my motor rebuild.

I did put it together using a shop manual, but, the manual really was not very specific or detailed on how to put the cam chain guide in.

now that i'm thinking about it, i just kind of dropped it into the head/cylinder and its not really bolted or held down or to the side with any force by anything.

when i rebuilt my 450F motor, i remember the cam chain guide was sandwiched at one spot between the head and cylinder to hold it in place..

is there anything that holds the cam chain guide in place on teh 200x motor?

im not talking about the side that is bolted in near the sprocket that controls the cam chain tension, im refering to the other side thats just a plastic guide so the chain doesnt rub up against metal.

thanks in advance..

Rhodeislander
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I just did mine and it slides into notches but that's all. The head holds it in place once assembled. Has to small round locators that slide in place, I think there isn't a way to put it in wrong really?
Bud

shortline10
03-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Pull the stator cover and look . It fits into a slot down by the crank sprocket .

yamasaki760
03-20-2013, 06:25 PM
i pulled off the head and reassembled it.. fits snug as a glove now..

i think the head holds it down/snug