PDA

View Full Version : Trying to raise some funds for a family who just lost their 11 YO Son..

atc007
03-20-2013, 10:29 PM
There seems to always be plenty of suffering to go around. But I was contacted by a member here about his neighbors Son who was just horrifically killed. He leaves behind a cpl of great parents and 3 Brothers. He was killed on the Eve of his Brothers 14th Birthday. Right before leaving this Earth,he was at this members home in the backyard. His last words to him were,,Spin me another Donut ! On his Big Red. He got in the car and this is what happened. See article attached. A waste of space with a record as long as his arm slammed his Expedition into the Cavalier he was in,killing him and giving the Brothers GF a very bad brain injury.She was life flighted and 3 hospitals later is fighting for her life also.I can speak from personal experience. When this kind of crap happens and the perp has NO insurance. You do not get blood from a stone. There is NO help financially.This family was scraping by and doing everything right before this. Raising great kids to be awesome members of society. Now the bills are just gonna keep on coming. Their 21 yo son rode to college with Mom in her minivan the week before. Because he had ONE day his insurance wasn't good. So he KNEW not to drive. Now,,his little Brother is dead because this guy has made a living of DUI's and no insurance..

It would be great if you could send money direct to them,but as always,I will collect it if it is easier, and get it to them. Their address,name and school that is collecting is in this link. All I ask is a buck or two. That's it. A Little Something to show these poor folks someone cares. He had just got a full set of riding gear,and was anxiously awaiting drier conditions to ride His Grandpas and Neighbors Big Reds. That isn't gonna happen now. Lets see what we can do for them. Thanx as always. My ppal is billsracing@hotmail.com

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/mobile/article.xml/articles/2013/03/01/r_fkfyliekshwolx_7kbhvqa/index.xml

jeswinehart
03-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Bill, you do some ebaying from time too time don't you ? What I have in mind is sending you one of our latest project parts for you too list up and see where it go from there,,, that okay ?
Might as well have a wee bit of fun for a good cause IMO.
First part I ever reproduced went to whyzee when he wadded himself up MX'ing on a dirt bike,,, for him too list up (tecate intake boot) 4 years ago next month and for me (hopefully others too if they recall) it was exciting plus he done rather well.
Might be a week or so since the Mrs. and I are still learning the mold and will be test fitting one out (hopefully this week end)
We can supply all required info to hype up and you have the info where proceeds are going,,, sound okay 007 ?

atc007
03-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Sounds great John ! Can you guys just list it? Or would you like me too? I haven't sold on Ebay in well over15?? years lol ! Thanx AGAIN for your unwaivering support .

jeswinehart
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Bill, I am gonna let you list it up so get your seller acct. up too speed or whatever you gotta do on your end.
Mainly being if I don't see the numbers ($) I would like to see I will put bid on it + if I win it back, it will just go on the raffle/donation table at TF2013.
The family member who contacted you also sent me a very nice PM this morning. Being I have history with him and our transaction was to be completed at TF2013, I replied back to give it to the family on behalf of 3ww.
We will see if the need to own this part and the chance to help a family out will marry them selves together to produce a nice result :)
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/152931-86-87-Tecate-tool-box-replacement-interest

Okay, lunch hour over, gotta get back to my day job,,,,

atc007
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Ooooohhh weeee!! I thought it might be this ! Sounds great! Here I was gonna buy it ! Not a problem. This should be good :) Thanx again John. I surely don't have any clue of how much you selflessly help people out. But I do know 1st hand that you do a LOT. Thank you .

MRSOUND
03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
John/Bill,
I have no interest in this part for myself at all as I don't own a tecate. I would be willing to list it on my ebay account to help out the cause and forward the money to Bill. Would just have to work out the details of how item would be shipped to buyer. Directly from John to buyer or to me then the buyer. Let me know if you guys want to explore this option. We could work this out through PM's if ya like.
Mike

Howdy
03-21-2013, 05:38 PM
John/Bill,
I have no interest in this part for myself at all as I don't own a tecate. I would be willing to list it on my ebay account to help out the cause and forward the money to Bill. Would just have to work out the details of how item would be shipped to buyer. Directly from John to buyer or to me then the buyer. Let me know if you guys want to explore this option. We could work this out through PM's if ya like.
Mike

Same goes for me. I will throw my selling ID out there as well. Any way I can help.
Howdy

atc007
03-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Thanx guys. I'll Pm ya John and we'll get this underway :)

CRAZY70MAN
03-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Gotta slap some money in paypal Bill...... It will be a few days. Tragic story. Hope the best for the family....prayers are with them.

jeswinehart
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
That's the spirit Crazy70man !!!
MrSound, thank you for that offer for sure. I am going to say Howdy is hired. When we get this arranged and up in auction Howdy will post up link in here (perhaps elsewhere ?) so we can all follow along (and so I can set my snipe bid too :) )

thestud25
03-21-2013, 09:37 PM
PayPal sent to you bill.

Howdy
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
That's the spirit Crazy70man !!!
MrSound, thank you for that offer for sure. I am going to say Howdy is hired. When we get this arranged and up in auction Howdy will post up link in here (perhaps elsewhere ?) so we can all follow along (and so I can set my snipe bid too :) )

As an added part: I will cover all the fees including shipping out of my pocket. yep, once it hits ebay the final bid amount will be the Donation amount. I will also be contacting the Paper and let them know what we are doing, plus other idea's. I want this to go viral!!!
Howdy

atc007
03-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanx Howdy :).. And thank you to everyone that has given. And please guys stop saying,sorry it isn't much :). YOU took the time to show this family some 3 wheeler guys care. THANK YOU for every cent. You guys are Awesome !!

bkm
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Ive got some nice 84-85 Tecate parts I would be willing to donate in the ebay auctions. All proceedes from my auctions will go directly to the family. Let me know if you want me to throw in on this?

atc007
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Man,,you've already given enough Bryan. Thank you and ALL who have given this morning. This is starting to get some legs :)

BigRedRider85
03-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Really glad to see this coming together for the boys family...really shows the 3wheeler fam can work together to make things happen!

captainweezy
03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Really glad to see this coming together for the boys family...really shows the 3wheeler fam can work together to make things happen!
This is definitely not our first rodeo! I sent some $. Needs moved to trikesylvania though.

atc007
03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanx again Shane !! You know,,I was gonna put in Trikesylvania.. As,,I wouldn't have heard about this without the Member contacting me. And this IS family to this member. He was both his sons friend,got on the bus at their home,and was one of the last ones to see him alive riding his Big Red.. But at the same time,,this family isn't a member. I just didn't wanna ruffle any feathers. But I certainly agree,,it would get better attention up in Trikesylvania. And nope,,,this is unfortunately not our 1st rodeo is it... We've done this a few times before Bigredrider with Astonishing results that make a real difference in these peoples lives :)

atc007
03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Thank you to all who have taken time to send this evening. We're at $228 I believe..

whyzee
03-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Bill, you do some ebaying from time too time don't you ? What I have in mind is sending you one of our latest project parts for you too list up and see where it go from there,,, that okay ?
Might as well have a wee bit of fun for a good cause IMO.
First part I ever reproduced went to whyzee when he wadded himself up MX'ing on a dirt bike,,, for him too list up (tecate intake boot) 4 years ago next month and for me (hopefully others too if they recall) it was exciting plus he done rather well.
Might be a week or so since the Mrs. and I are still learning the mold and will be test fitting one out (hopefully this week end)
We can supply all required info to hype up and you have the info where proceeds are going,,, sound okay 007 ?
I was just thinking about this the other day as it will be 4 yrs on 3/31 . I still have that tecate boot in my garage and it nearly chokes me up everytime I see it and think of how helpfull you guys were when I was down. A big thank you John and everyone who helped me!

Just saw this thread, thanks Bill and everyone involved in getting this fund together.

coolpool
03-22-2013, 08:58 PM
$ sent Bill. and I'll donate a bullet to get the douche bag off the street. Heck I'll give someone a gun too!

atc007
03-22-2013, 08:59 PM
He's got a heart of gold Whyzee....Until you cross him lol.. : ) :)

atc007
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanx Pete.. Lets just say,,he has been caught on other charges and IS in jail !! Which is a very good thing. They are confident blood alcohol will reveal drugs/alcohol and we'll be paying his way ,,,I mean,,,,,,He'll be put away for a long time.

whyzee
03-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Be nice if we could post this in trikeslyvania. I have a feeling alot of people would help, but only the regulars here check the open forum.

atc007
03-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Shameless Saturday night BUMP !

jeswinehart
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Ive got some nice 84-85 Tecate parts I would be willing to donate in the ebay auctions. All proceeds from my auctions will go directly to the family. Let me know if you want me to throw in on this?

Absoultly BKM ! I am hoping too have a toolbox down to Howdy by the upcoming Good Friday week end. You are more then welcome to follow suit with a listing or two OR get with Howdy to arraige how it best for you two too work out.
In speaking with Howdy on phone I know this upcoming weekend may not be the best time for him too list up with his Easter week end family/traditional plans.
I can say for sure we will see more then one item up for grabs for this good cause and if you can add to that Brian, absolutely wonderful.

whyzee
03-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Yup..let's keep this going. Going into the garage in the morning to find something to sell in the classifieds here and give you the proceeds Bill.

bkm
03-24-2013, 02:21 AM
John, I have a chain slider that I had bought from you in another charity auction that I never got around to using. I now have a NOS slider and another one of your repro's, so this is an extra to my extra. I know its not much, but I also have a couple older maier 250r front fenders. I only need one of them.

mooseknuckle
03-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Tragic story. PP sent atc007.

mooseknuckle
03-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Ugh...heart breaking. I have a daughter(12.5yo) step son(11.5yo) and a son(2.5yo) I couldn't imagine such a loss. These parents are in my prayers.

atc007
03-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Thanx all. Brian,if you need me to list them or do ANYTHING at all. lmk,,They will certainly appreciate everything everyone has done for them. Thanx again. You guys are amazing.

atc007
03-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Whew,that was quick! No Ebay needed for those sales! Thanx to you guys that bought Bryans stuff he so graciously gave up. What comes around goes around,and some of you have great things coming!

atc007
03-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Just wanted to say there are some neat parts for sale in the classifieds for this family. BKM,WHYZEE,and KASEY have all graciously donated cool stuff too sell for this family. A lot has sold but I know there is a 3rd gen fr fender for a R,ATC 70 chain tensioner. 250R owners manual,kill switch and brake lever. Thanx all !

jeswinehart
03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
There is some really great stuff happening here ! Absolutely wonderful folks offering up parts and the support given by the buyers.

On a side note, I pulled my first ~ "1st. class" ~ tool box today. It will be heading down to Howdy along about mid week (or as soon as the lid maker/strap maker can catch up)

john

hondawasaki
03-24-2013, 09:27 PM
John, is it going up on e-bay?

atc007
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM
John, is it going up on e-bay?

Yes,,Howdy will be listing it,,possibly earlier Next week? Not sure on timeline yet.

atc007
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Hondakawasaki has graciously listed a beautiful pair of 2nd gen Tecate rear hubs for sale in the classified section for $50,all re zinced. Great deal!!!

coolpool
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
How's the family doing Bill? Hope they have lots of support from family and friends. Do they know you're a stand up guy for arranging all this? A salute to you, sir.

atc007
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Lol,,Thanx Pete. I don't know them from Adam..Sorry,That's my Mom's saying. I have no clue who they are. I haven't checked with the member here that knows them. This member is a Super stand up guy. But he had his Identity completely stolen many years ago,and is not about to do anything public. It ruined his life for a long time. So,I certainly do not blame him. Many other members here know of him and will stand up he is a great guy. As for the family,I will check in and see how everyone is doing. Thanx for asking Pete! Donations have slowed guys,,anyone have a couple dollars they can live without today??...

tapper190
03-27-2013, 07:40 PM
what a sad story, my prayers are with the family. I just sold a skid plate a couple of days ago in the 3ww store, I will donate the money to the family...
Tapper

atc007
03-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanx for the donations today guys. It all helps. Thank you !

atc007
03-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Thanx Kevin for the doubleshot yesterday! The family is doing as expected. They are a complete mess. They had bought him a machine to ride along with the gear. And was waiting till Spring to tell him. I don't know how many wheels. That now sits silently in the shed and Matt never knew about it as Mom was afraid he might get hurt,so they were waiting till this summer. Just heart wrenching to listen too. Thank you ALL for every cent you have donated. We're at $600,and climbing.

kevink
03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Bill, thanks for the good words. You are a good judge of character so you can probably tell im not looking for a pat on the back or words of gratification from anyone but just a good friendship and maybe some good advice at times. Im only trying to help a family that is going through a very tough time when we are all doing O.K. here. I dont care if the family knows my name or face but knowing the guy in north,Nj gives a crap about others. Good luck in raising $ for a good cause.

atc007
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Happy Easter all ! In case you haven't seen,Blue27 has graciously offered up a charity auction on one of his many signs. He quietly does decals,signs,and I don't know what else,and their work is TOP Notch ! Here is a link,,,,, http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/155837-Charity-Sale ......bidding ends TONIGHT at Midnight by post count time. Good luck bidding !

dougspcs
03-31-2013, 10:14 AM
You're a good guy Mr J..keep up the good work. Glad there are people around like you..

A bit of the profit from my 200M I sold yesterday just went your way..

Mark sure the links to all this Ebay stuff get posted in here..hopefully the Mods will bend the rules and not bump them to the other section so members can see the connection to this fund.

I'd like two of the "Honda Big Red Parking" signs!! One for me and one for my little brother!

atc007
03-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanx Doug. You're awesome. And thank you Steve and Jeff,,$140 more today. You guys blow me away! I don't know what else to say But Thank you so much. Great people :)

Howdy
04-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Tecate Tool Box Auction for the cause started tonight:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310644921303?item=310644921303&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/310644921303?item=310644921303&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr)
Bidding started at .01 all procceds goes to the Family. I'm covering shipping in the US and offering discounted international shipping. I'm also covering the first $10 of ebay fees. I had to put a limit on ebay fees just incase it goes viral. LOL
Howdy

bkm
04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
I'll get the ball rolling:D

jeswinehart
04-04-2013, 07:08 AM
That KIPS emblem looks terrible ! Sending you out a better looking one, along with a set of sliders this morning Howdy.

john

atc007
04-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Great job guys ! Any chance someone has a pic of one installed on a Tecate? For Howdy to put in the Ebay ad. Not sure if Hornet is back from playing yet or not? That would be the cats as :). Thanx a million Howdy and John ! Still not too late to throw a dollar or two this way for those that would like too. After this auction is over,we're throwing the blanket over this one. Thanx again everyone.

atc007
04-06-2013, 02:56 PM
$127.50 and climbing :) :)

Howdy
04-06-2013, 05:02 PM
$127.50 and climbing :) :)

Will be an sweet update to the auction later tonight. Yep, the auction is going to get sweeter.

jeswinehart
04-06-2013, 09:16 PM
166839The KIPS still looks terrible in your pictures ! Oh well, we all know they are nice ~ :)

Bill there is a couple of "mounted" pictures in Howdys listing. You might need to scroll down some what, he has a lot of pictures in there.
They are from 1 of the 2 members who made this project possible.
Justin is back home now and I will be going over to his house to shoot the breeze with him and also to get some pictures of my own with our products on his 86/87 Tecate machines.

Howdy
04-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Added a Better KIPS emblem and a set of chain sliders ( upper & lower ) to the auction. You get the toolbox, 2 KIPS emblems and a set of chain sliders all for 1 money ( winning bid ).
Don't forget this all goes to help the family.
Howdy

atc007
04-06-2013, 09:50 PM
You guys are awesome. What else can I say.

atc007
04-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Lets throw some bids on this beautiful pile of parts here boys. MADE IN THE USA !

Howdy
04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Just 1 hour and a couple minutes to go.
Howdy

jeswinehart
04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Sweet ! A huge THANK you to all involved.

john + Liway

atc007
04-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Sweet ! A huge THANK you to all involved.

john + Liway

I concur 100%. Thanx everyone. Still not too late to throw me a cpl dollars .

Howdy
04-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Auction Proceeds of $130.05 sent. Hope it helps!!
Howdy

atc007
04-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Ok folks. We have done real good once again. I will try and tally up tonight and hopefully send a check tomorrow, barring the possibility I can just Ppal it directly to the family. I can't thank every one of you who contributed to this in ANY way enough. I am still blown away by the compassion here every time something bad happens. THANK YOU. It is not too late to send a dollar or two. :)

atc007
04-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Well,as always. We done real good here guys. I'm sending a check off tomorrow to the family. If anyone wants to throw in a cpl dollars,tonight is the night! I threw in a extra few to round it up to an even $850 ! Great job to ALL who gave. I'll keep the letter simple that this is from 3 Wheeler World,and we hope time is easing things a little. You guys that help should sleep REAL well at night,I've seen it first hand all the time,what comes around goes around. Thank you to each and every one of you.

bkm
04-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Great work again Bill. Thanks for everything.

jeswinehart
04-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, excellent job (once again) on orchestrating this Bill. Hopefully there will not ever be need of your organization skills in the future but just in case, sure nice to have a capable person willing to take charge of the details.

Thank you ! john + Liway

CRAZY70MAN
04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
That is awesome Bill!! Great to see members step up to the plate......Great job buddy.

atc007
04-14-2013, 07:46 PM
No thanx at ALL needed here guys. YOU guys are the ones that make it happen !!!! Hopefully this dulls their pain just a bit :) Awesome job guys.