PDA

View Full Version : Instead of inverts....

BleedRed
03-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Has anyone ever tried or thought of the 96-98 Suzuki RM's conventionals? I have thought about this time and time again and was curious if anyone have tried or thought about it?

fabiodriven
03-21-2013, 11:26 PM
So your idea is to replace a conventional fork with a conventional fork...

BleedRed
03-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Haha well a much more modern and better built and adjustable fork. Plus you still have ride height adjustability. A lot of riders loved that fork but it was doomed from the start because of the big invert epidemic. Of course inverts of today are leaps and bounds better but thought still being able to adjust ride height would be a bonus.

bkm
03-22-2013, 12:09 AM
If the triples have to be modified or custom made, it kinda makes no sense. You might as well just go with the inverts.

BleedRed
03-22-2013, 12:34 AM
I was thinking the RM's were closer to 43 so you could machine and use the stock tree but they are 47. I guess I thought it would just be cool to do something different other then inverts but still getting relatively good performance. Plus still having height adjustability for ice/tt. Just an item that crossed my mind.

fabiodriven
03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I see what you're saying now. So they're a superior set of conventional forks. That makes sense!

BleedRed
03-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, Suzuki had invents before this but for 3 years they went back to a conventional design but still had the adjustability and performance of an invert. They would be firmer the say a ktm 80 for and.wouldnt have to be shortened like a 125 or 250 fork because you could be able to adjust the height with the triples.