PDA

View Full Version : 200x track speeder

fordnut79@hotma
03-22-2013, 09:18 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BArZNoGT0YI/UJHcOO-QHwI/AAAAAAAAEaU/DNf4qUZrGbI/s1600/atc200.JPG

M.Pargiello
03-22-2013, 11:12 AM
That's disappointing

atc007
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Lol,,,I actually find that VERY cool !

fabiodriven
03-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I think that's pretty cool too!

redsox
03-22-2013, 01:17 PM
i think its cool as well. is there a story behind it that i'm missing????? i would love to know more about this.

wheelsforheels
03-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Way cool, but way dangerous too. You'll probably be all right as long as you have to keep cutting trees out of your way. It does seem like they could of found a different means of power though. Desecration of a wheeler.:(

wheelsforheels
03-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I like the fenders. Never once before seeing this pic, did I ever think about cruise control on a wheeler.

M.Pargiello
03-22-2013, 02:10 PM
I can see how it is cool, but you could do the same thing and take up 99% less space with a large briggs. But im not the builder so i cant really say anything. It would be an interesting ride though

fabiodriven
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
i think its cool as well. is there a story behind it that i'm missing????? i would love to know more about this.

I have no idea of the history of this particular machine, but track "speeders" have been used for a long time by rail crews who were to service the tracks. These days most of the rail companies just use trucks that drop down a set of wheels on the track to get the crew to where they need to work. There are "track speeder clubs" around that explore abandoned parts of the track with these little speeders kind of like how we explore the trails in the woods.

dustrunner
03-22-2013, 03:55 PM
i love the mud flaps.....lmao

M.Pargiello
03-24-2013, 12:45 AM
I have no idea of the history of this particular machine, but track "speeders" have been used for a long time by rail crews who were to service the tracks. These days most of the rail companies just use trucks that drop down a set of wheels on the track to get the crew to where they need to work. There are "track speeder clubs" around that explore abandoned parts of the track with these little speeders kind of like how we explore the trails in the woods.

That makes a lot more sense now. I didn't understand the purpose at first but after reading this I can see how a 200X would be useful for this

taz
03-24-2013, 08:06 AM
;)i think i have seen it all now:wondering

RapidRick
03-24-2013, 09:36 AM
;)i think i have seen it all now:wondering

IMHO the speeder is ingenious. I'm wondering what the gearing would produce for a top speed and if the speeders bearings could hold up.

On the other hand and not to hijack the thread. I'll have see most of it when a 200X is mated to this...OH, have I got an idea now.

Dave8338
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
IMHO the speeder is ingenious. I'm wondering what the gearing would produce for a top speed and if the speeders bearings could hold up.

On the other hand and not to hijack the thread. I'll have see most of it when a 200X is mated to this...OH, have I got an idea now.

VERY doable ~ just wondering how far it would launch somebody if a fast maneuver were needed to avoide a boat ? ? :lol:

redsox
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
think the brakes would work??? probably not. would break the chain i'd think, or ruin the sprockets. be cool to sit on and control the throttle. can't do that with a briggs. looks like somebody was just making due with what they had. i like it.