PDA

View Full Version : inverts on t3?

rocco
03-22-2013, 07:57 PM
anyone put inverts on a t3 and what ones?i have a set of my parts bike kx250.i think they are too tall but can they be shortened or am i wasting time?thanks for any help. Rocco

Red Rider
03-22-2013, 08:57 PM
I hadn't seen or heard of anyone doing that, yet I spied an 86-87 Tecate, in the 2013 invasion picture thread, that appear to have them.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/154966-2013-Invasion-Picture-Thread/page2

Check the 8th picture down in post #21 & the 3rd picture down in post #25. I believe this is Just Ben's Tecate.

rocco
03-22-2013, 09:04 PM
yes thank you looks nice.i will have to try to pic his brain on what is needed.thanks again Rocco..

MIK6
03-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Yep.. justben has inverts on his 86.
He got the front end off 3ww a while back. If I remember rite it runs kx100 legs in modified stock tripples w a 86 200x front hub. The kx legs are only a few mms bigger than stock tubes. Whoever built them milled out the holes to fit. You wouldnt think it would be that big of an improvement but it is!
Im sure once he heals up from his invasion crash alittle he will chime in.

MIK6/ Mike

JasonB
03-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Bens look nice in person

just ben
03-23-2013, 08:50 AM
mik6 is correct,mid 90's kx 100 forks with either a 350x or 86 200x hub I can't remember. The stock triple were just cleaned out a little with a flap wheel to make the forks fit. The stock tecate hub may work but I have never tried i so I'm not sure. They are definetly an improvment over stock,mine have been put to the test on mx tracks,trail riding ect. and have held up well.

rocco
03-23-2013, 09:53 AM
thanks a lot do you have any close up pictures?and what disc and brake set up did you use? i'm gonna start looking for parts.thanks Rocco

rocco
03-23-2013, 10:41 AM
just ben are you running stock springs in fork or heaver spring?

just ben
03-23-2013, 11:15 AM
I have never had the forks apart so I can only assume the springs are stock. The brake is the stock x rotor with the stock kx caliper. The rotor could be a little larger for the pads to get full contact on the rotor. I have no trouble stopping at all but if you don't keep an eye on the pads as they wear you could suddenly find yourself with no brakes. As the pads wear the rotor will cut into the pad about 1/4" from the top which will eventually allow the tops of the pads touch without putting pressure on the rotor.I have had the same issue with the rear brakes that are completly stock. I don't think I have any close up pics but I will double check.

MIK6
03-23-2013, 11:18 AM
When I looked at his setup (if I remember rite) he used stock kx caliper and made a hub spacer that would put the 200x rotor in place to work w kx caliper. Next was to cut a hub spacer for other side. Then center the front tire from there. It didnt look like that hard of a mod to me.
Im not sure how much honda parts are used but im thinking about doing the same setup on my 87. It looks cool and works great!

MIK6/ Mike

just ben
03-23-2013, 11:40 AM
When I looked at his setup (if I remember rite) he used stock kx caliper and made a hub spacer that would put the 200x rotor in place to work w kx caliper. Next was to cut a hub spacer for other side. Then center the front tire from there. It didnt look like that hard of a mod to me.
Im not sure how much honda parts are used but im thinking about doing the same setup on my 87. It looks cool and works great!

MIK6/ Mikeno hub spacers. stock honda I believe.I don't really remember but I think I had to space the caliper mount 1/4" or so,like I said I can't say for sure and it may be months before I see that bike again so I can't check or get any pics. If the person who has my bike sees this and wants to post a couple pics he is welcome to but I'm not going to ask him to.

rocco
03-23-2013, 04:40 PM
thanks Ben.i am getting pumped to start building the t3 again.it has been a while but there is a fire under my a""" now thanks for the help.Rocco