PDA

View Full Version : UPdate: Body Found :( This is a friend of mines Daughter.

Howdy
03-22-2013, 09:40 PM
JUST IN: Body Found.
Columbus Police are searching for this 20-year-old woman. They say Ciarra Elinks was last seen Wednesday and was driving a green 2005 Chevy Malibu. If you've seen her, you're asked to call police at 614-645-4545.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/487743_10151140312569364_17651972_n.jpg

I posted this for all to see on my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news#!/robert.shively.39

(https://www.facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news#!/robert.shively.39)Her mom and me have been friends for a few years. She never ask for my help, but this time she got it any how.
I can't imagine what I would do. This is why as a friend I am helping and Praying she is found safe.

I will update this as I get any information.
Howdy

old-yellow
03-22-2013, 10:02 PM
just shared it on facebook

whyzee
03-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Jeez...this world is going to hell pretty quick.
Just noticed she has the same unique first name as my wife...
hope this turns out well for you guys.

tri again
03-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Dear GOD she's around my daughters age.

Obviously they're trying everything, credit card purchase history, cell phone log etc etc??
Where she got gas, atm transactions. all her friends, local hangouts.

Off the road curves and windy roads?

Cell phones have that E911 locator feature that almost can't be turned off, right?
so the cops can find you in a ditch when you dial 911 and have no idea where you are sorta thing.

I don't have fb but will get all my friends to post.

atc007
03-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Hoping for the best for her for sure. I watched that video to the right on your fb page. It really is that simple.

dustrunner
03-23-2013, 08:45 AM
our thought's and prayer's go out to her and her family and friends and hope for a safe and speedy return home..... god's speed....

Howdy
03-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I update this with tears.........

LOCATED DECEASED: RIP CIARRA :(

3/23/2013 UPDATE: The body of missing person Ciarra Elkins was located at Big Run Park off of Alkire Road after noon on Saturday. Columbus Police and Fire were contacted after a family visiting the park discovered the body. According to Detectives the cause of death has been ruled a suicide. Source: https://www.facebook.com/WSYXABC6

Sad VERY Sad!!!
I'm question the cause do to where they found her.
Other than that I am at a loss for words.
Howdy

tripledog
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
The worst possible outcome. This is truly heartbreaking. I wish to offer my condolences to Ciarra's family and friends. I was having good day until I read this. May you rest in peace, Ciarra.

MRSOUND
03-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear this Howdy! It is indeed very sad. Really makes those of us with kids stop and think. (3 daughters here 18, 20, & 23). Wish we could read their minds and fix their problems, but they are a different generation than us and we are worlds apart sometimes. If there is foul play I can only hope they catch the responsible person and they are dealt with to the full extent. Thoughts and prayers with her family and to you as well.

Dirtcrasher
03-23-2013, 07:43 PM
So sorry to read; Very pretty girl, I figured someone grabbed her.

What a shame.......

atc007
03-23-2013, 07:49 PM
I am so sorry Howdy. Nothing else really to say. So sorry....

coolpool
03-23-2013, 07:52 PM
My condolences to all that have been affected by this terrible loss. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

old-yellow
03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
sorry to here howdy, my prayers go out to all the family and friends. Alex

whyzee
03-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Aw man Howdy, So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to you and her family. May she rest in peace and be in a much much happier place.

hoosierlogger
03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear it. I am not the praying type, but I'll certainly keep everyone in my thoughts.

bkm
03-23-2013, 10:35 PM
I have a six year old and a newborn daughter and I can't even begin to fathom what the family is going through. I'm a victim of a family suicide, so I can somewhat relate, but not to the extent of it being one of my children. I'm very sorry for you and her family.

shovelryder
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
I read and shared this AM...... Moments before the call came that my 19 yr nephew was found frozen to death from crashing his snowmobile last night..... I share your pain my friend. God bless.

atc007
03-24-2013, 07:14 AM
It never rains,it just pours. I am SO sorry Shovel. I know you just lost your Mom. In my family they have Always went in 3's. Sometimes all family,sometimes a cpl family + a close relative or friend. If there is ANYTHING I can do for your family or Howdy,your friends. Please just lmk.

CRAZY70MAN
03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Don't know what to say to all the above? Sometimes I scratch my head and ask why....but in the end, there just has to be a reason. I try not to doubt my faith but it seems to get really hard at times when I read this stuff . I figure though the good Lord will make it all right in the end. Sorry to hear of you loss as well Shovelryder. Prayers are with you and yours. Brighter days lie ahead.... Sure wish more could be done for these people who have tragedy strike from out of no where.

whyzee
03-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear of your news shovelryder.

shovelryder
03-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah.... It pours. 6 am I go out to get the paper from the box...... Eyes open at round 8 frozen to the sidewalk in my own blood. Fell and busted my head on the corner of the concrete steps and knocked out fer two hrs...... Stitches and concussion later I'm home to thaw with my coffee..... Can only get brighter?

whyzee
03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah.... It pours. 6 am I go out to get the paper from the box...... Eyes open at round 8 frozen to the sidewalk in my own blood. Fell and busted my head on the corner of the concrete steps and knocked out fer two hrs...... Stitches and concussion later I'm home to thaw with my coffee..... Can only get brighter?
Holy hell! They should have admitted you. Is someone home with you to watch you?

shovelryder
03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Holy hell! They should have admitted you. Is someone home with you to watch you?oh yeah.... My wife's a nurse.... She's babysitting me. Kinda scared the hell outta me tho..... Any colder out coulda been last call.

Scootertrash
03-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Howdy-
My condolences to the family and friends affected by this terrible loss. Thoughts and prayers to you all.
I had hoped this would turn out better.

shovelryder- Condolences to you and your family also.

shovelryder
03-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Gotta say..... It's so refreshing to see and know ya got friends pulling for ya and thinkin bout ya...... That's exactly why I'm into this place..... Good on you all.

hinddee29
03-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Damn that is too bad. What is wrong with kids thinking suicide is the way out of whatever problem they are facing. The only thing it does is destroys a family in one way or another.
I lost my 16 year old son to suicide Oct. 6, 2011 and it still seems like a few minutes ago. From my experience friends have made it somewhat easier to handle. Your friends will need you.
A time like this will show your friends exactly who their friends are and believe it or no it will be people they have just met or haven't seen in years.

Be warned that is ins't a temporary thing they will need you just as much today as they will 2 years from now. I don't know if this freaks people out or what, but they will be on a roller coast of emotions maybe forever now. At least from my experience one second your fine and out of the blue a sound, or seeing something across the room in a restaurant or whatever will poor many memories. It could cause them to cry, laugh out of the blue or get madder than hell. I wish you and your friends lots of strength because you all are going to need it.

atc007
03-24-2013, 02:54 PM
My gosh shovel..... Stay in bed a few days !!!!! lol.. I'm sorry ,but damn,,that could have been two of you in one day. Listen to the nurse and maybe she'll give you treats :naughty::naughty: If there is anything I can do ,,lmk. Hang in there. It will get brighter..

mooseknuckle
03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you both howdy and shovel.

hondawasaki
03-24-2013, 05:08 PM
All I can say is sorry guys, its a tough thing this circle of life.

whyzee
03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Dam hinddee29 . Horrible tradegy you have been dealt. Sorry for your loss.

atc007
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanx for posting hindee. I cannot imagine.

bkm
03-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Damn that is too bad. What is wrong with kids thinking suicide is the way out of whatever problem they are facing. The only thing it does is destroys a family in one way or another.
I lost my 16 year old son to suicide Oct. 6, 2011 and it still seems like a few minutes ago. From my experience friends have made it somewhat easier to handle. Your friends will need you.
A time like this will show your friends exactly who their friends are and believe it or no it will be people they have just met or haven't seen in years.

Be warned that is ins't a temporary thing they will need you just as much today as they will 2 years from now. I don't know if this freaks people out or what, but they will be on a roller coast of emotions maybe forever now. At least from my experience one second your fine and out of the blue a sound, or seeing something across the room in a restaurant or whatever will poor many memories. It could cause them to cry, laugh out of the blue or get madder than hell. I wish you and your friends lots of strength because you all are going to need it.You pretty much summed the emotions up in a nut shell. You will ask the same questions over and over searching for answers only to find silence. Something as simple as a song on the radio will make you instantly tear up to the point others will look at you like your crazy or the next day the same song will make you laugh. Its been over five years since my father committed suicide and just the other day for a split second I thought about calling him to ask him a question. Talk about pissed!!!

But like Joe Dirt says you just gotta keep on keepin on. Life's a garden, dig it!!!

plastikosmd
03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear. On it's face, the location of the body seems odd for a young female to commit sucide and more typical a place for foul play?
Maybe it is just me? I know it doesnt make it easier to bear but I would want to make sure

hinddee29
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
You pretty much summed the emotions up in a nut shell. You will ask the same questions over and over searching for answers only to find silence. Something as simple as a song on the radio will make you instantly tear up to the point others will look at you like your crazy or the next day the same song will make you laugh. Its been over five years since my father committed suicide and just the other day for a split second I thought about calling him to ask him a question. Talk about pissed!!!

But like Joe Dirt says you just gotta keep on keepin on. Life's a garden, dig it!!!

Sorry man... Yes I do that all the time, but the wife does it more. Thanks everyone else, but this thread isn't about me. I just wanted to share some experience I found helpful for Howdy.

Dave8338
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
WOW... lots of pain and loss in this thread. So Sorry to hear of all of this.

God bless and heal those affected. Time may heal the open wounds however, the river of pain flows for a lifetime.

Peace...

Dave

Dirtcrasher
03-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Sorry for you and you friends daughter Howdy.

Are they 100% sure? She doesn't give away her pain in that photo..............

El Camexican
03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
So sorry... I hope her family can deal with this as best as possible.

atc007
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Sorry for you and you friends daughter Howdy.

Are they 100% sure? She doesn't give away her pain in that photo..............

Yes she does,,I thought she did anyhow.......very pretty girl,and I hope things are as well they can be for all involved.

Howdy
03-28-2013, 12:06 AM
One of the freinds of her and her family did a tribute to her life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0XeaJRlTM&feature=share (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0XeaJRlTM&feature=share)

Howdy

shovelryder
03-28-2013, 07:27 AM
That was a lot to watch.....Thanks Howdy...

atctim
03-28-2013, 08:24 AM
So very sorry to hear about these tragedies!

tri again
03-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Silly me, I was just wondering what to do today.

Maybe just go down to the river where people lived for 10,000 years and let the spirit guides push me around.

I simply cannot imagine the pain but I can somehow feel it all.

Blessings