PDA

View Full Version : couple new additions

Suuper
03-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Added a new bulb to the speedometer, and it works! New 2 inch spacer, yes its red, not pink. Anodized alum, I hope it holds, wired in dual cig sockets as well. Also a solar battery tender, 2 watts, with overcharge protection. I wired in a simple plug for this too (not shown..)165983165984165985165986

Woodsrider
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Nice looking ES. How does it feel (sitting on it) with the 2" lift? Is it even noticeable?Are you planning on going with over sized tires as well, or just the lift? Was also wondering if it might help keep the front end down a bit....have you tried some wheelies since installing it?

Suuper
03-25-2013, 09:58 AM
no wheelies yet, but it sits great. In fact with my 230lbs on it, it sits about as even as you can get. Looks even sitting still by itself. I plan on keeping the tires the same size, I just wanted a bit more clearance to the brush guards so I'm not draggin in the deeper 4 wheeler tracks. I may get a couple spacers (maybe 1.5 - 2 inch overall) to widen the stance as the trails I use are wide, but sometimes on a slope. This might give it a bit more stability, although I don't feel too unstable now. It may get a windshield too. The icy, wet snow can be a hassle when you have to sit for 8 hours in a stand and you start off cold....

Worden18
03-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Very cool little group of accessories. Was the speedo on there from the factory, or did you add it at some point?

manbearpig
03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
man that thing is cool!

i really dig these utility trikes more n more each time i see one done up really nicely. we rarely see utility trikes out here and when we do theryre some lil 200s or 185s. NEAT BIKE!!

JasonB
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
nice accessories! And that is really nice looking machine too

Suuper
03-25-2013, 11:18 AM
not sure when the speedo got put on but the previous owner says it was put on when ordered. The speedo cable has been replaced as the old one snapped off when I caught a branch. I really don't see too many of these around here when I'm out and about, but the ones I do see are generally beat, but running. My initial goal was to not spend big bucks on a 4 wheeler that gets used a few times a year for hunting. Its so dang fun to ride I now use it in trails and mud just to show the 4 wheeler guys what it really can do. It may not be better or worse in certain situations, but it really shines when you get stuck and you can pick the rear up and get it out 95% of the time. Once those 4 wheelers get stuck, they are STUCK! I like the WOW factor of someone looking at a 27 year old machine and wishin they had one....

dougspcs
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
not sure when the speedo got put on but the previous owner says it was put on when ordered. The speedo cable has been replaced as the old one snapped off when I caught a branch. I really don't see too many of these around here when I'm out and about, but the ones I do see are generally beat, but running. My initial goal was to not spend big bucks on a 4 wheeler that gets used a few times a year for hunting. Its so dang fun to ride I now use it in trails and mud just to show the 4 wheeler guys what it really can do. It may not be better or worse in certain situations, but it really shines when you get stuck and you can pick the rear up and get it out 95% of the time. Once those 4 wheelers get stuck, they are STUCK! I like the WOW factor of someone looking at a 27 year old machine and wishin they had one....

Nice trike..

Where in Ontario Suuper?

Suuper
03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
In Windsor...

dougspcs
03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
In Windsor...

Cool, we should get together for a ride sometime..

Big G
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Not many kilometers on that unit...mine has double that showing on my speedo!

coolpool
03-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Nice looking rig. Wish mine had a speedo (if they will fit on an 84 es?). I bet I put on 1000 km since i've owned it. There's enough of you SW Ontario boys to have a Trikefest North.