PDA

View Full Version : fng to not only 3ww but atc's in general

azguero
03-26-2013, 02:27 AM
ok so I got a Yamaha 125 tri moto a couple months ago in trade since I do a lot of trading its kind of like an addiction, I figured get it, fix it up and get something better, well didn't work out so good: rear tires had tubes in them, they went flat ripped the valve stems off, got new ones recoil unwound and I lost the finger for it, started wrapping a rope around to start it, then couldn't keep it running, got it to fire rode about eight feet chain tensioner fell off its perch,(my nightmare this thing was) finally traded it off for nitro rc, 3 days later father in law picked up 2 Honda atcs, then couple days after he got a YAMAHA 125 TRI MOTO, which is now in my yard, I am now going to fix this one up and hopefully not go insane (needs plenty of work)

not sure if im excited or terrified at this point but I think this forum will be my only hope at retaining sanity

chain tensioner is off perch, plastic is beat badly, recoil is apart, hole on gas tank, all wiring hacked together, exhaust hacked together, no headlight, no taillight, no headlight shroud, three different colors, throttle seems to be trashed, throttle cable frayed, seat torn up, brake pedal not attached, brake handle non existent, unsure which way to pull the motor over, :wondering :Bounce :crazy :confused:

tommy boy
03-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Snds like u got trailprotrailpro hands full

manbearpig
03-27-2013, 01:39 AM
why not turn your attention to those HONDA atc's you mentioned...

sounds like this tri-mo-toe is in worse shape than the one you traded off!

JasonB
03-27-2013, 10:48 AM
ya sounds like the honda's may not be a lost cause lol that TRI MOTO sounds like it needs a new TRI MOTO

mooseknuckle
03-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, sell what you can of the yami and ride red!

thestud25
03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
This is the only time I would every advocate for the crushing of a 3 wheeler!

azguero
03-27-2013, 09:10 PM
yes it does seem like it could be more trash than treasure but for 100 bucks I guess at minimum it could be a learning experience I got it running a little today and the Hondas are my father in laws, I guess ill just have to see how it goes and see how many parts fly across the yard, I tried climbing a decent sized snow hill and it died and wouldn't start back up, its definitely a hack job by the previous owner but the tires are good and it does run (somewhat) so im not out a lot on it

azguero
03-27-2013, 09:13 PM
plus its kind of like a kit, start with a frame and build it one piece at a time , plus just got a welder today...hmm chopper? not sure yet

azguero
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
got a change to run trimoto against father in laws Honda 250es, if we were pulling anything I would stand a change but as far as speed and torque I was gone, BUT I had to slow down since my front tire was flat and I couldnt turn lol fun though

old-yellow
04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
well keep up the work and you well have a fun little trike to ride, you can do a lot to the tri-motos to make them haul ass, try doing a search on here to see all the mods you can do to them. here's a link to one of my favorite threads on here http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/86220-Pro-Tec-175-Beginning?highlight=pro-tec please dont turn it into a chopper, Alex

azguero
04-01-2013, 09:05 PM
lol I'd gave it like half a though about the chopper, but I think ill just fix this and that as I go, I currently have the gas tank off my riding mower strapped to the back of it with bungee cords, so it'll run after several attempts at starting it, but it dies VERY easily and still no recoil on it so when I do get to have fun on it its short lived, which is probably good since it still has no brakes at the moment

jermtoad
04-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Fun little tryke get brakes plug the tire then ride into the ground.

honda200xguy
04-03-2013, 12:54 AM
I always found those little tri moto's easy to fix.
what kind are the atcs?

azguero
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
if you're asking about the hondas, one is a 200es and the other is a 250es (i believe), they're very nice little trikes, more for utilitarian purposes so he's gonna use them for ice fishing

azguero
04-05-2013, 01:59 PM
how hard is it to rebuild the carb in a 125 tri moto

old-yellow
04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
there easy to rebuild but you will have to go to the local Yamaha dealership to get the parts to rebuild it. here a link to a manual that will help, http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/Yamaha/ytm-%28yt125,yt175%29condensed-service-data.pdf