PDA

View Full Version : 200x rear caliper need help

nismortrd
03-31-2013, 01:10 AM
well just bought a 84 200x and was taking it apart to get it all clean snd up to my standards and saw a brake issue. the rear caliper was froze up its pretty bad so after some research found that the cr85 ftont caliper fits the back just without the parking brake no big deal. my question is I know you have to use the 200x bracket how does it come off do you just turn tge allan bolt? if so im screwed mine is stripped. any help woul be great.

my other issue with the bike is its burning oil how good of odds would it be the valve stem seals want to fix this stuff so I can go ride :-)
thanks
justin

barnett468
03-31-2013, 01:27 AM
Hello

Unfortunately valve stem seals ar most likely not your problem will post some info shortly as others will also.

Smoke bad?

White or black smoke?

nismortrd
03-31-2013, 10:16 AM
it does smoke pretty bad and I can smell the oil I did not pay attention to color. I would go look but I pulled the carb off to order a new one it was a little jacked up so just got a new one coming its a 84 honda 200x pretty stock has dg exhaust and uni air filter. it starts up pretty well but would flood out. im trying to figure out if its seals or rings or what thats giving the blow by

oeduardo67
03-31-2013, 02:33 PM
thats the problem with the old atc, i recently bought an 86 honda 200x, man you have no idea how many rusty and stripped bolts there was. For the caliper you can drill the bracket off and re thread it with the specific tools. as for making the caliper work, you have to disassemble the brake pad assembly soak it in rust remover liquid like wd40 or something of that sort. the piston of the caliper is whats going to be frozen stuck. After countless hours of cleaning and scraping with a little srewdriver at the sides i removed the bleed valve and pushed air through it with the air compressor. the piston came out flying. hopes it helps. Its alot of work but it pays off. I would also recommend install new rebuild kits for the calipers and master cylinders(front and back)

oeduardo67
03-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Oh I also forgot that the front master cylinders for those honda are super easy and universal to obtain. I got mine with the lever and bolts and everything from a 2007 honda 400ex and it works perfectly. So you shouldnt struggle to obtain a good and compatible brake setup.

nismortrd
04-01-2013, 12:34 AM
ok thanks that helps. I ordered a new carb and a cr85 caliper for the rear just going through the bike and making it nice. I was looking at the exhaust and its covered in oil so I need to address this trying to see if its tge head or tge rings im going to do a new rebuild on it but was hoping to play with it for a bit before I do that. the nice part is its current green stickered and had a pink on it so I could not pass it up been looking for awhile for a x so now I got my new toy project