PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC200Es fuel line diameter question

ncorry
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Just got a 1984 ATC200ES that I'm working on now. Need to replace the fuel lines, and the originals are too shot to even measure. Anyone know the ID and OD of what I'm looking for?>

3wheelers
04-01-2013, 10:54 AM
You just need some rubber tubing with about .75 centimeter wide hole in it (just a guess). You can get some even smaller stuff and squeeze it onto the carb really tight. Just take a guess and go to a hardware store and get a couple different sizes. Make sure it's thick stuff that can take gas flowing through it. You only need like a foot long line of it. It probably won't cost more than $5.

kb0nly
04-02-2013, 12:46 AM
3/16" fuel line is what i normally use and thats the OEM size, its a really nice tight fit, don't hardly need clamps when you use this size, but 1/4" works as well with some clamps as an extra measure. Make sure you put a fuel filter inline as well!

barnett468
04-02-2013, 04:43 AM
Hello

Auto parts stores has it also, they sell it by the foot. Get a very small short plastic CLEAR filter for clearance . Make sure fuel line says "fuel" on it.

ncorry
04-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks to all. I ordered some 4.5mm fuel line off eBay, with clips. Almost had the carb cleaned and screwed around and broke a tab on the float. Bought the trike off original owner. 5 years ago, he got a 4 wheeler and gave the trike to his mom to ride to the mail box at the end of the lane. He put two new rear tires and a new carb on it before giving it to her, and then she passed away a year and a half ago. Hadn't been started since then. Carb was welded together with varnish to the point that the throttle needle was stuck tight. I spent an hour cleaning it only to break the float. Oh well, all new fuel line, carb, fuel line clips, filter and front bearings and I've still got less than $410 in it. Oh, and he had a new unmounted front tire too- all three tires still have nips on the tread. Now I just need to get it running (before I'm sleeping outside with it).