PDA

View Full Version : 225dx starting problem

BigDave
04-02-2013, 05:47 PM
I changed the oil in my 225dx this past winter and now I can't get spark. I have replaced the spark plug and checked the fuse. I need some help with this because the only other option is to take it to a shop. I do not have a battery as of this time asking for any help.

maxdallasfan
04-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Prob. The CDI box.

jermtoad
04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Make sure the the cap that connects to the spark plug and spark plug wire is screwed on tight could be coil or on off switch something could have chewed a wire if it has been stored i would start there. hope it helps.

BigDave
04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the help you where righ the spark plug boot was loose. I got spark back but it still will not fire. Every now and then it sounds like it wants to. Took the spark plug out and it smells like gas

honda200xguy
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the help you where righ the spark plug boot was loose. I got spark back but it still will not fire. Every now and then it sounds like it wants to. Took the spark plug out and it smells like gas

i would take apart that engine if i was you.

barnett468
04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello

Sounds like it is either rich from bad needle and seat or stuck/sunk float, has bad old or contaminated gas or water in gas. I would try the following.

1. Turn gas valve off, drain float bowl via drain screw etc into a clear glass, if gas is bad/old it will look like apple juice unless your tank is rusty which will produce the same color in which case it could be colored from either or both.both. Look for debris and small drops of water on bottom of glass. What do you see?

2. Clean spark plug

3. Do not turn gas back on.

4. Open throttle all the way, spray FLAMMABLE brake cleaner into carb throat use 1/4 choke only no more.

5. Try to start holding throttle open 1/4-1/2 way. If it does not run for a second or two try again.

6. If it does run then the problem is not electrical it is most likely ine of the ones I described.

Hope this info helps