PDA

View Full Version : ambush tires

atceeya1
04-03-2013, 09:14 AM
has anyone tried these tires? are they a good tire, do they slide or hookup good, i will be rideing in the ca. desert on hard soil and rock, and a little sand.looking for a little feed back. thanks:wondering:wondering:D

dougspcs
04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I had a set like that, if not Ambush by name but then maybe the same tire rebranded for another company. They were called RaceRails..they look very similar to those. Here they are on a 200X I used to own.

Anyway, yeah they are pretty decent general purpose tire..decent in the dirt and hard ground. Not so great in the mud (which I like) and ok sand/small pebbles..

I think they are more of a track tire than an all terrain..

But if they are the same ones I had the rubber hard as nails and will wear a long time!!

captainweezy
04-03-2013, 11:38 AM
I just bought a set and mounted them on new rims. I choose them because they are more agressive than the other ones but mostly because of the price. They look awesome. I am trying to get my 350x ready for a ride so its torn down waiting on parts. I will test them out and let you know as soon as i get her put back together.

rjs89ia
04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I haven't tried any of the rears yet but i just mounted a 23x7x10 on the front of my R and it works great. Also have a set on the front of my 400ex and they work quite well too. Will probably pick up a set for the rear of my R in the upcoming weeks for a motocross race.

honda200xguy
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I had a set like that, if not Ambush by name but then maybe the same tire rebranded for another company. They were called RaceRails..they look very similar to those. Here they are on a 200X I used to own.

Anyway, yeah they are pretty decent general purpose tire..decent in the dirt and hard ground. Not so great in the mud (which I like) and ok sand/small pebbles..

I think they are more of a track tire than an all terrain..

But if they are the same ones I had the rubber hard as nails and will wear a long time!!
2 Different kinds, i believe ambush is the cheaper pair.
there still nice tires though

Jason125m
04-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I had a pair of the ambush tires, my 350x wore then right down in 3 months, good tire if you don't ride alot. But they use really cheap soft rubber. They are a razr knockoff, and the race rails are a holeshot knock off. But I guess they are good for the price. But I won't buy them again thats forsure!!!!!