PDA

View Full Version : what do i stand to lose?

xela456
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
i run a 25x13x9 on my 86 250es, already have a new set of 12x7 rims for it. I cant seem anything quite that wide thats not rediculous like the vampires. so i'm thinking of 26x12x12 on my trike or even 26x11x12 at rockymountainatv.com the options expand as the width goes down. in the 26x12x12 section i've narrowed it down to the ITP Mudlites, they look to be aggressive and are not too heavy. as for the 26x11x12 i really like the look of the duro buffalo, maybe even a kenda bear claw like i have on the front. What do you think the 12 wide mudlite? or the 11 wide bear claw, or buffalo.

(i currently have cheng shin lumberjacks)

What do i stand to lose by reducing the width by 1-2 inches?

What do i stand to gain by increasing the height

I like the increased heght because i think it will improve the look of the trike.

CodyRosa
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
More height in the tire means its overall top speed is faster I believe. I had 22's on and i hit 50, now with 20's i think i hit like 45 or something BUT it accelerates pretty quick now. Your clearance will be better, so going over trees is easier, crossing creeks is easier, that sorta stuff.

honda200xguy
04-05-2013, 02:28 PM
The bigger the tire, the more ground cover, the faster the speed.

JasonB
04-05-2013, 04:04 PM
dont go too narrow, it will make the bike feel tipsy. wide isnt bad, but a taller tire mades those bikes look good if they are the right width

xela456
04-05-2013, 04:19 PM
dont go too narrow, it will make the bike feel tipsy. wide isnt bad, but a taller tire mades those bikes look good if they are the right width
Well i guess the question is how narrow is too narrow? the mud lite comes in 12" which is only 1 inch narrower than what i run now. 11" opens my options up quite a bit and drops the price considerably but thats 2'' narrower that seems more of a drastic change! i feel like 11'' wide would defeat the purpose of my 2" spacers too! idk maybe i just answered my own question lol i just need the opinion of those with experience. this is the only trike with the only tires i've ever had. And i must say that the cheng shin lumberjacks have worn extremely well, the have 5 years on them and still have 5/8 tread. but recently i've been making cchanges that really make it mine so i want new tires!