PDA

View Full Version : Parkingbrake question

Yair
04-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Hello
I have a 200e big red from 83 and it is missing a parking brake.
I saw a 125m from 86 in parts on an dutch second hand site with a parking brake.
Will a parking brake from a 125m from 86 fit on a 200e big red from 83?

Badbmwbrad
04-07-2013, 07:33 AM
The method I use to determine parts interchangeability is as follows: Visit any online Honda dealership. Go to the parts microfiche. Look up the respective bike's part numbers to determine if they match.

barnett468
04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
The method I use to determine parts interchangeability is as follows: Visit any online Honda dealership. Go to the parts microfiche. Look up the respective bike's part numbers to determine if they match.

Hello Yair and Badmwbrad

Wow badmbra, what a great idea. I didn't know they had online fiches available, never thought of it, I'm kinda old non computer school, lol. Have you ever seen them offer a superseded number in a fiche? They used to do that a lot back in ancient times. The case with honda parts used to be that often [but not always], the last 3 numbers [suffix] were not relevant and simply got changed when a part was updated somehow however it would still fit the previous application it was superseded from. Do you know if this is still the case?

Thanks

Yair
04-19-2013, 03:35 AM
The guy would not sell it in parts, and I do not want the hole thing so, the search goes on.