PDA

View Full Version : becoming an adict: trike number 3..200es

Coopart1
04-06-2013, 11:32 AM
this is a warning to all US newbies to the site!!! read carefully!! my name is jeff, and i am an addict. was talking to a client yesterday about my recent hobby of working on my two three wheelers, ( the 250sx came first, then two weeks ago a 185s) she mentioned her ex husband left behind an old three wheeler in their barn if i want to come look at it..WELL HELL YEA!! so i traded about a hundred dollars worth of service and a hundred cash for this 200es 1984 WOOOHOO, !! one mans junk..is anothers treasure! I know very little about this model but already i can see there is a whole lot more wiring!! and as you can see from the photo some of it has been f##%^with ..i will get the manual but for now...any of you folks ever bypass the whole key thing with just a toggle switch? could that be done? or will i need to buy one? checked e-bay the ones on there were pricey. any 200es guys wanna tell me were to start besides the obvious..carb, plug, oil ? Thank god for THREEWHEERWORLD!!! for enabling MY ADDICTION!!

Coopart1
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
oops forgot the pics

kb0nly
04-06-2013, 12:24 PM
You can get the manual from my server, link below in my signature...

As for the keyswitch, you don't need to do nothing other than unplug it, if its missing then don't worry about it just check the wiring. The keyswitch shorts the ignition in the off position, and in the on position it unshorts the ignition and turns on the power to the light switch. So all you have to do is leave the green and black wires to the ignition switch unplugged and use the kill switch on the handlebars. For the power to the lights the other two wires that used to go to the switch, red and yellow/red, can just be plugged together as ones a female the other is a male, and now you have effectively bypassed the switch.

Doesn't look too bad overall, new seat cover, some cleaning and wiring fixes and your done. I love my 200ES, these things are hard working utility trikes.

Coopart1
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
HEY THANKS!!!! thanks for giving me a little tutorial on schematics for bypassing the key....want to try and clean it up enough to try and start it this week...gonna need a coil wire, someone took it off..maybe for another bike at some point..might try an extra one i have (just the wire) from my 185s