PDA

View Full Version : So glad i ordered the wrong size! (a word of warning)

xela456
04-08-2013, 07:42 PM
I recently ordered a new gourd protector (helmet) from rocky mountain and let me tell you if anyone plans on ordering this helmet just letting you know!
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/-/439/713/-/37190/Answer-Racing-Nova-Stealth-Helmet-2013?term=answer+nova+stealth+helmet
and they run extremely small i meant to order an xl which is what i tried on in probably 20 other helmets.
(let me explained i've never owned a helmet before, and i've owned big red for 5 years, lol mom and dad didnt set a good example)
anyway i meant to order an xl and noticed on one of the numerous times tracking my order in the last week that i had ordered an xxl.
i was almost to the point of calling up rocky mountain and telling them to send me the return instructions.
i got it this morning and i can barely fit my head in it. certainly not like any xxl i tried on!
on the other hand i really like the fit and i'm happy with the helmet and i'm happy with the fit actually even thouhg my own mistake almost ruined it.
its very comfortable and i bet the whole helmet doesnt even weigh 3 lbs
deffinately an excellent deal on an obviously high quality helmet.

dougspcs
04-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I know that style of helmet, they tend to run about 2 sizes smaller..lucky break for you ordering the wrong one.

Since I have always had good luck with XXL, I ordered one a year ago just to receive it and find it really put a serious squeeze on my melon!!

So my brother got it for a BDay gift...he's happy with it.

pantera1975
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM
RM ATV is a great place they stand behind their products if its wrong or the wrong size they exchange it for free. Kinda like the Walmart of ATV parts.

xela456
04-08-2013, 09:58 PM
doug i agree i definately lucked out on the order. im certainly not a helmet connoisseur but this thing feels high quality its not like the ones i remember and certainly alot lighter than i expected. when i picked up the box i thought i must have gotten gypped and ordered a picture of a helmet or something! and
pantera in past few weeks doug has turned me on to rocky mountain and im glad he did because i cant seem to find better prices online anywhere. i was this close {--} to calling them ahead of time when i saw the order and telling them to send the return instructions so i read a few reviews on other novas and they all said that they ran small i think this one might be perfect for me and my uniquely sized gourd

ballz338
04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I have always had good cust. service from RockyMountainAtv

xela456
04-08-2013, 10:48 PM
i have too, i spent my entire jury duty check at rocky mountain! and more than i probably should have other wise lol the only things left to go are my rear tires and a silent muffler!

ballz338
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Haha I know what you mean. I got an email from them a couple months ago that said I have a $50 gift certficate. I found out you earn a $50 certificate for every $1000 (i think) spent. Had no idea my bill there had already reached that level!

xela456
04-08-2013, 11:13 PM
why is it that we never have the 1000 to spend on any one thing. yet in only a few weeks we can spend 1000s

xela456
04-08-2013, 11:14 PM
lol why cant we ever come up with a 1000 dollars when we need it but in only a few weeks we can spend 1000s!

big red crazy
04-21-2013, 05:44 PM
ya its kind of like everytime I seem to make ends meet some sob moves the ends

honda200xguy
04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
i've heard of this place sending the wrong size stuff all the time

belly
04-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Just make sure it's not too snug. It can lead to headaches on long rides.

xela456
04-21-2013, 08:08 PM
I didn't have that experience I checked my order like 5 times I ordered the wrong size!! Lol
And as far as too snug it fits just right when you get your noggin past the opening rode for about 5 hours the other day no problems! Its also extremely light

Knowsalot
04-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Glad you got lucky and it fit. The thing with helmets is that nearly every brand sizes differently. In catalogs where a vendor sells many different brands they usually have a size chart and it's easy to tell that when dealing with as many as a dozen brands, they will always fit differently and vary greatly in size. This is mainly due to the factorys in which they are made. These days, most are made in Korea or Vietnam... small heads? :P I learned long ago that to size a helmet properly you need to try on a helmet made by that same manufacturer and of the same model.