PDA

View Full Version : lectron carb

oile
04-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Does anyone run a lectron carb on there trike? I was thinking about buying one but I don't know anyone that owns one to ask if its worth buying one or just stick with my pwk 38 that I already have on my z.

CodyRosa
04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
well I have a lectron carb on my banshee.. I looked them up to see what people think about them and I guess a lot don't like them.. on mine there are no jets, i forget how you adjust it though. There also expensive lol

barnett468
04-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Does anyone run a lectron carb on there trike? I was thinking about buying one but I don't know anyone that owns one to ask if its worth buying one or just stick with my pwk 38 that I already have on my z.

Hello

A Lectron carb will do nothing for you. The Keihin you have is an xlnt carb.

Why do you want to switch?

Does your bike not carburete properly ie flat spots, burbles/sputters etc upon acceleration?

Do you want more horsepower etc?

Hope this info helps.

CodyRosa
04-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Yea I suggest sticking with your keihin. The lectrons i got were like 400 each.. not worth it lol

oile
04-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Just thought I would try something different and maybe run better no real reason

barnett468
04-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Just thought I would try something different and maybe run better no real reason

It will not run better. If it does not run good what is it doing?

Take that $400.00 and get your cylinder ported or get a pipe instead, it might run "better" then.

oile
04-10-2013, 04:00 AM
My trikes run good I have Sprock heads and intakes dynoport pipes lightened flywheels v force 3 reeds port work done by flotek pwk 38 carbs I was just curious if I could get more out of them. If you know of anything else I can do I would love to here your input.

barnett468
04-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Hello Oile

Very nice stuff, unfortunately in your particular case as long as they carburete well and you’re cranking compression is at around 180 or more then you can’t really make them “run better” unless you play with the timing a little or replace your stock ignitions with one that has a progressive advance. The only thing you can do to those bikes is make them run “different” like doing more porting, installing Boysen “ports” modifying intake side of piston, chrome plating cylinder liner or using a pipe with a different rpm band bigger carb if cylinder will flow enough for one etc.

If your cranking compression is less than 180 psi you can increase it to at least 180 psi and run race fuel.

The last person that asked me this had his bike maxed out and still wanted more “power”. I told him if he wanted more power he needed more displacement with all the same mods.

Hope this info helps.

JasonB
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
nice response Barnett! There are other small things you can do to push your current mods like stated above, I switched over to a higher compression dome so I could run race gas and make a little more power on my 310.

On the Lectron subject, not that its a viable path for your bike is it sits, but CraigB is running one on his Sphynx 370 250r based motor with drag pipe. He is running pump gas I believe and the Lectron runs all around fine for him. Gary Crum was running a Lectron on pump gas if I recall Correctly too on his polaris 400 2 stroke with inframe dragpipe

atc300r
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
From what my race buddies tell me Lectron carbs are best for drag racing. I think you change the slide needle to jet them up or down.

JasonB
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
YA they are simple to adjust, just pull the slide and screw the needle in or out. Funny to watch someone jet so easily