Scootertrash
04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Loss of jobs and money. ;)

These are all firearms and or accessories manufacturers

Maryland:
LWRC is leaving
Beretta is leaving

From a Maryland resident on another forum:
The owner of LWRC also own a lot of other businesses in the eastern shore of MD. This is an economically depressed area. We will be losing not only LWRC but probably two or three other businesses. The company they subcontract out to are specifically chosen because they are in MD. Now those companies will also be taking a big hit. We are talking tens of millions in tax revenue lost.

Beretta: (Beretta makes the M9 for U.S. Gov. Military contracts)
Beretta doesn't make the factory mags in MD; they're shipped in from out of state. They need magazines to sell the guns, because it's included under the same NSN. No magazines, and they'd be breaking contract with the gov't.
If they stayed in MD, they'd either get in trouble for importing magazines over 10 rounds (even if gov't was the final customer; it doesn't matter), or they'd get in trouble for violating the terms of their contract for the M9.
There's literally no way for them to remain legal with the way the law is written.
They told the House this, directly to their faces, in no uncertain language.

And nobody cared.

Connetticut:
Mossberg left in 2010
PTR is leaving
Colt is leaving
Stag Arms is leaving
Ruger is leaving

Colorado:
Hi-Viz (manufactures fiber optic gun sights) is leaving

Magpul is rumored to be leaving

Michael Bane, Executive Producer for OUTDOOR CHANNEL, announce that they have cancelled scheduled fiilmings and will be moving due to the new firearms restrictions.

How many millions of dollars lost from hunting and outdoors related businesses that will leave or go down the tubes because hunters will go elsewhere?

Also, it was announced that the Rocky Mountain Western States Regional IDPA Championship scheduled to be held in Montrose, Colorado in July was cancelled. The cancellation comes due, like the HiViz move, to the new Colorado gun control laws.

The 2013 Ruger Rimfire Challenge World Championship was scheduled to be held at the Colorado Rifle Club in Byers in July. It is being rescheduled and will be relocated to another state.

Can't stop fightin' people. The left will never rest. Commie bastards!

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."-Winston Churchill

ctk
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM
scootertrash thanks for all the info these last few months. This is a subject I follow closely. I have been doing my part to help our fight. So for anybody reading this. NO new gun control laws, no universal background checks.

yamaha225dr
04-09-2013, 11:48 PM
I work at a company that provides parts for all of the names listed above and although I am on the West Coast these gun laws will eventually affect us also. Most of our sales are for 5.56/223 caliber related items.

Mosh
04-10-2013, 07:02 AM
That Lanza kid at Sandy Hook broke over 40 gun laws laws currently in effect in Connecticut. Maybe 82 laws to break will stop future events..so implement some more..That will stop all of it. Or be like California and charge some stupid tax on bullets to make them unaffordable so that you can try to avoid bankruptcy again allthough you will still spend youfselves further in to debt.

IDIOTS....leave me alone. Quit making laws that take my freedom away. Maybe start banning some of these pills that people are hooked to. Or maybe fix the damn economy so a parent can stay home and the other work and live good , so that children can be raised correctly without the shadow of MTV or Xbox.

We got big problems in this country escalating fast and although trikes are a real relaxing practice for me they are lowest on my agenda these days.

Scootertrash
04-10-2013, 09:26 AM
We got big problems in this country escalating fast and although trikes are a real relaxing practice for me they are lowest on my agenda these days.

Just keep 'em running good, you may need them for evasive actions!!!

ETA: In other news:

RIDE-RED 250r
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Like it or not, admit it or not, these progressive hacks are gearing up for a possible war on the home turf.

DHS is buying hollow point ammunition buy the BILLIONS which is prohibited for use in foreign wars by Geneva Convention Rules of Engagement! DHS is buying something like 2700 mine resistant vehicles.. For what??!! Is DHS going to be deplyed to fight on foreign soil?? I THINK NOT!

Most of us can see right through the lies, smoke and mirrors.

I will not board the train, I will not sit down, I will not shut up and I will NOT comply!

The "gun debate" has been settled since 1791!

300rman
04-12-2013, 01:13 AM
I think its awesome the boycotting/outright moving companies are doing to these states. Sure, it sucks, but people NEED to stand up, otherwise, these commie jackwagons will run us over....

300rman
04-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Your kids talk about using a squirt gun-your CCW permit is revoked, and the state confiscates all your guns......

http://janmorganmedia.com/2013/04/americans-guns-confiscatedconcealed-carry-permit-revoked-over-sons-water-gun-commment/

RIDE-RED 250r
04-13-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't know if they realize how dangerously close to the edge they are pushing ALOT of us!

Whichever the case, it's bad....

hinddee29
04-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Your kids talk about using a squirt gun-your CCW permit is revoked, and the state confiscates all your guns......

http://janmorganmedia.com/2013/04/americans-guns-confiscatedconcealed-carry-permit-revoked-over-sons-water-gun-commment/

You have got to be freaking kidding me!!! What's next water balloons going to be considered as explosives??

CRAZY70MAN
04-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I don't know if they realize how dangerously close to the edge they are pushing ALOT of us!

Whichever the case, it's bad....

You put it all in a nutshell right there.........keep on shovin and someone may have to shove back. Sometimes to make a stand...it takes someone to stand alone.

Scootertrash
04-15-2013, 08:47 PM
And you know how that will go down. He/They will be portrayed as a right wing nut job-gun owner-Tea Partier with an arsenal of guns and a "large cache" of ammo tied to a "home grown" terrorist group. He/they will be villified by the media, they will tell lies only to correct them later in a very small blurb at the end of a newscast.

Do you guys know how many citizens fought and won the American Revolution?