PDA

View Full Version : is this worth....

xela456
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/3730878469.html
i found this on craigslist and i was wondering what to offer. i notice there is a tube hanging off of the cam chain tensioner
i was thinking id try offering 200 considering i see them all day on fleabay for 350 plus shipping
what do you think 3wheeler friends?

Worden18
04-09-2013, 11:08 PM
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/3730878469.html
i found this on craigslist and i was wondering what to offer. i notice there is a tube hanging off of the cam chain tensioner
i was thinking id try offering 200 considering i see them all day on fleabay for 350 plus shipping
what do you think 3wheeler friends?

Not sure what it's worth but I like to remind people that the dollar amount things are listed for on ebay and what they actually sell for are 2 different things. I see a bunch of $300-$600 motors with a Buy it Now option. Doesn't mean they'll ever sell. But they might. My advice would be to start low. The seller can only say no and then maybe counter your offer.

dougspcs
04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
The 'tube' is actually the new style tensioner that the 87 motor was equipped with..here is a pic of my 87 250SX NOS engine before I installed it in my 'black on black' trike project. The same..I think he has the year wrong.

Now about the value..$200 is a great deal if it's good. The problem is it can't be determined until it's installed. I've seen a ton of CL adds for ATC motors and they all seem to say..'ran great before pulled'.

I'd pay $500 for a really nice motor that could be verified, not much for one sitting on the floor of some guys garage and him saying..'it ran great, I just took it out'

Well, I say who pulls a good motor from a machine? Make sure the backstory to this seems to check out..

I just bought a really clean used motor for an ES(plus other parts)..the trike had been collision damaged and the frame was twisted. the seller left it in the twisted frame with the electrical hooked up..I popped a tank of fuel on it and ran it in two kicks..even took a video of it running.

Because next I'm pulling the engine and storing it..my video is for proof in case I decide to sell it. I'll keep it for a future project, but a year from now someone comes along and talks money and with my video for proof..who knows?

No video for proof I might get $300..but with the proof it's worth $500 to the right person..

dustrunner
04-10-2013, 09:14 AM
wish i was in canada selling engines....i got a great running es engine sitting on the garage floor that i CAN start it right up but havent seen $ 400 for it... but ya if ya can't hear it run buyer beware....