PDA

View Full Version : I dont really have a problem... but

xela456
04-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I just wanna talk 3 wheelers!
I'm so psyched for this rain in kc to go away and go out and ride my newly transformed 250es
I've recently added 2" spacers!
Tall Skinny Front Tire!
Fixed Muffler.
Added things i always needed and never had like hand brakes! (the front perch and cable have always been missing and rear cable locked up)
New Helmet!
its gonna be like a whole different machine!!! 167173167174167175

xela456
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
also heres a sad photo of red back when the tank rotted off and i couldn't stop riding!

RIDE-RED 250r
04-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Yep, right there with ya...

Even up here in NY spring is in the air.. The smell of the newly exposed dirt that has been snowed over all winter is eminating all around... Braaapin season is right around the corner and I've got the fever! Craving the smell of 110 and Maxima!

dougspcs
04-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Tell me that front wheel setup doesn't kick all kinds of azz?!

Now all you need is some mud in the treads!

xela456
04-10-2013, 08:39 PM
It does kikazz! does it look familiar? lol i didnt mount mine backwards though! it does feel good to have 9 less plugs and 3 less patches in my front tire though!
I'm totally gonna buy a bunch of gas for the truck and check out some new places this year! maybe next year i will even hit up trike fest!
I've had red for nearly 6 years and finally i've been bitten by the bug!

I've already got two rims to mount up to the rear but they wont catch much traction without tires!
as soon as i have the 220 for the tires if theres nothing that looks better i'm deffinately getting he mudlites!

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 07:30 AM
If you need any parts for the old girl, I have some.

What is stopping you from riding in the rain!?! Get some cheap coveralls or a set of those fishing pants that are water proof and go ride. Of course you could always buy the rear plastics too but who wants to do that... comon!

Here is my best runner but the ugliest one I have :D. Ride it almost every day even though it needs rear plastic and the front forks swapped out with one of my parts machines some day.

xela456
04-11-2013, 08:04 AM
I am looking for a front rack below eBay price lol I can get rear racks all day for 50 but those tiny little fronts are 150. And as far riding in the rain where I ride I have an understanding with a few people who own some hoa land I have to cross and I don't want to make a mess for their landscapers. And I agree with you on the rear fenders but to hell with paying what they want for those things. I've got a plan to weave some mud flaps out of flat rubber. Its really wearin out my washing machine! Lol

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Haha, well as you can see in my pic, the last owner attached some platic to the fenders, they actually work pretty well except in mud. You should be able to pick any rear fender up from an atv "junk yard" and cut it and bolt it to the existing plastic, or drill holes in the same mounting areas and mount it oem style. Best to get red to keep it a honda :).

xela456
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Haha, well as you can see in my pic, the last owner attached some platic to the fenders, they actually work pretty well except in mud. You should be able to pick any rear fender up from an atv "junk yard" and cut it and bolt it to the existing plastic, or drill holes in the same mounting areas and mount it oem style. Best to get red to keep it a honda :).
I need to find an atv junkyard in my locality! and as for the mud flaps i plan on wiring them on rather than attatching them kindof a breakaway feature i've had them before and the get ripped off pretty easily when they are attached ridgidly. and it really doesnt matter if they hang right on the tire! thats another thing stopping me from buying new fenders is i know they will probably be torn up! and like i said i think i'm gonna go all black on this thing eventually maybe coat the plastics in herculiner like the mud trucks do! probably just black paint though! then get some original decals and paste them on there it will look sweet!
also is that a 200 tank on yours? is that frankentrike?
i guess i dont have much room to talk being that i rode mine with a 1 gallon can and an outboard primer bulb for over a year!

JasonB
04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
lmao i love the gas tank on the rack used as the fuel tank! clever, and something I would have done when i first got into riding if a leaking tank was the only thing stopping a ride! And riding in the rain is fun! As long as its 60 degrees or warmer, any cooler and just throw a poncho on and go play in the mud! too much fun, the weather is getting right out here in mo and kansas finally!

xela456
04-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I totally agree. I plan on checking out some legal local areas here soon. the closest one being over an hour away!
and as for the rain right now it is 36.5 degrees and quite moist out! but like i said where i ride at the home front i have to cross the HOA property of some very nice people who so graciously let me do so and i dont want to make a total mess of their nicely mowed back lot!
I'm gonna hit up lake perry this weekend hopefully!

Worden18
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I haven't ridden in a few days myself because of the rain and ice pellets here. Mostly I'm worried about the flooding in the valley; a guy wouldn't want to be swept away :D

Having some serious withdrawals though. Maybe I'll quit being a sissy and take one of them out tonite....

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I need to find an atv junkyard in my locality! and as for the mud flaps i plan on wiring them on rather than attatching them kindof a breakaway feature i've had them before and the get ripped off pretty easily when they are attached ridgidly. and it really doesnt matter if they hang right on the tire! thats another thing stopping me from buying new fenders is i know they will probably be torn up! and like i said i think i'm gonna go all black on this thing eventually maybe coat the plastics in herculiner like the mud trucks do! probably just black paint though! then get some original decals and paste them on there it will look sweet!
also is that a 200 tank on yours? is that frankentrike?
i guess i dont have much room to talk being that i rode mine with a 1 gallon can and an outboard primer bulb for over a year!

yes the tank is from some 200 model, I think a 200S. Frankenbuggie was parted out (of what the last owner named em), this was the 2nd worse, but is the worse ridable one. I bought it the way it sits, been riding it 3+ years now with 0 issues.

dougspcs
04-11-2013, 11:39 AM
If you need any parts for the old girl, I have some.

What is stopping you from riding in the rain!?! Get some cheap coveralls or a set of those fishing pants that are water proof and go ride. Of course you could always buy the rear plastics too but who wants to do that... comon!

Here is my best runner but the ugliest one I have :D. Ride it almost every day even though it needs rear plastic and the front forks swapped out with one of my parts machines some day.

Corey, your trike looks just adorable with that tiny little tank!! I just want to hug it!

xela456
04-11-2013, 11:46 AM
yes the tank is from some 200 model, I think a 200S. Frankenbuggie was parted out (of what the last owner named em), this was the 2nd worse, but is the worse ridable one. I bought it the way it sits, been riding it 3+ years now with 0 issues.

Yeah she doesn't have to be pretty to get the job done! Let me know when you find that rack too
No I'm all excited lol

xela456
04-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Corey, your trike looks just adorable with that tiny little tank!! I just want to hug it!
I would also like to point out the big red in the background with no tank and car tires!

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Yea, it isn't a rider atm though :), $200 parts machine bought as non-running. Shift lever fork was broken, put it in neutral and it fired right up, the kid was trying to hot wire it to make it start in gear lol. BTW the plastics and front end is a big red, but! the 3 wheeler is a 85 250sx. Car tires are just to move it around, I borrowed the tires it came with to my cuz for his 250r.

Album link of the car tire machine -> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=1761

xela456
04-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Yea, it isn't a rider atm though :), $200 parts machine bought as non-running. Shift lever fork was broken, put it in neutral and it fired right up, the kid was trying to hot wire it to make it start in gear lol. BTW the plastics and front end is a big red, but! the 3 wheeler is a 85 250sx. Car tires are just to move it around, I borrowed the tires it came with to my cuz for his 250r.

Album link of the car tire machine -> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=1761
Thats hilarious did he have a deathwish?
One of these days i'm gonna buy a parts machine. everyone in my CL area wants 800 and up for a running machine. theres a guy who wants 1200 for an 87 with the wrong front fender and the rest of it is more beat up than my heap!
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bar/3732864501.html

honda200xguy
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
haha nice 3 wheeler.
i got the same helmet...just a dif brand

xela456
04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
its really nice. id go for tighter fit and larger opening though
havent ridden with it yet!

ps2fixer
04-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Thats hilarious did he have a deathwish?
One of these days i'm gonna buy a parts machine. everyone in my CL area wants 800 and up for a running machine. theres a guy who wants 1200 for an 87 with the wrong front fender and the rest of it is more beat up than my heap!
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bar/3732864501.html

I'm guessing by deathwish you mean by starting the trike in gear, it is a 250sx, hondamatic, it wouldn't really hurt him much if it did try to run him over lol. He just didn't really know enough about the machine to properly check it out and trouble shoot the starting problem, which was a nice benefit for me when I got it home and found it runs pretty good besides the carb needing a rebuild badly.

xela456
04-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Ah I see. Lol yeah that's what I meant.
On another note I did take red for about a 4hour ride today ! I forgot how unstoppable that thing is. And. Ten times more comfortable now with the spacers howeverr I. Did catch my left on a tree and went 2wheelin for a few feet. Lol I'm not quite use to the extra width yet.
Goin through mudholes with cut out fenders gets kinda messy. But it is fun to watch those 4x2 quads struggle through the mud though!!

ps2fixer
04-14-2013, 04:45 AM
I put 2 1.5 inch spacers on my 250sx and didn't like it at all, lost a lot of the quick stearing, and the back end being wider wasn't all that great.

I do agree the 250es/sx engines are nearly unstopable, havn't gotten to work mine yet really, but my 200es with high and low range hulled more than I expected a 200 would though the mud lol (wood/brush). The 250s feel to have a lot more power than my old and tired 200es and I have 20-25 trees to cutup and hull with it!

xela456
04-14-2013, 01:56 PM
I put 2 1.5 inch spacers on my 250sx and didn't like it at all, lost a lot of the quick stearing, and the back end being wider wasn't all that great.

I do agree the 250es/sx engines are nearly unstopable, havn't gotten to work mine yet really, but my 200es with high and low range hulled more than I expected a 200 would though the mud lol (wood/brush). The 250s feel to have a lot more power than my old and tired 200es and I have 20-25 trees to cutup and hull with it!
A lot of the trails near me are sideways and slanted and the spacers really help with that. And I could swear they give me more traction! Lol

jermtoad
04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Went out yesterday did alot of mud boggin good thing i put the spider tracks back on the 200x i cant wait for the nicer weather to brake we had snow just the other day spring is comeing some day. i hope lol

xela456
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Went out yesterday did alot of mud boggin good thing i put the spider tracks back on the 200x i cant wait for the nicer weather to brake we had snow just the other day spring is comeing some day. i hope lol

Yeah its rained like every other day this week!