PDA

View Full Version : 250es front rack

xela456
04-10-2013, 11:58 PM
anyone have a decent price on a 250s front rack? im in need

CodyRosa
04-11-2013, 03:34 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-BIG-RED-ATC250ES-85-FRONT-RACK-E2-/370774166384?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653dccb70&vxp=mtr

It was repainted, looks pretty good. Kinda expensive but its the rack your looking for!

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 07:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I have one in fairly good OEM shape (not repainted). Would be looking for around $50 for it, I'll get photos when I can dig it up.

xela456
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm down for that purchase. Thats a deal if it is anything less than destroyed!
PM me whenever you find it. I just found a sweet deal on a whole headlight assembly with cord and box for 65 looks like brand new so i jumped right on it! damp PO pretty much wrecked the whole front of this thing in a rollover(well his kid did) i've already welded back the handle bars!

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Dang should have told me, I have the guard, wire, and pretty sure the head light plastics and glass, no bulb i'm sure. Either prices just jumped up, or I'm blind, I don't remember any of the front end parts being so high priced. Like the full headlight assembly with headlight was around $40 last time I checked, front racks were around $70.

Found the front rack, in a bit worse shape than I was thinking, I could do $50 shipped, you already talked about welding so I don't think you would be too concerned about the crack. It is tweaked to the left a bit, dinged up from use, and as normal some rust. Let me know if you need the aux power adapter, I don't think my rider has one, and I want to mock up something to power and mount my GPS on for state land riding :).

The headlight has a rusty guard around it, but it is straight. Would be perfect to sandblast and repaint. Headlight does have a bulb, not sure if it is good. I would be happy to get $30 out of the head light.

BigRedRider85
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
when did they discontinue the racks fenders tanks, etc for the Big Reds...just curious

xela456
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Dang should have told me, I have the guard, wire, and pretty sure the head light plastics and glass, no bulb i'm sure. Either prices just jumped up, or I'm blind, I don't remember any of the front end parts being so high priced. Like the full headlight assembly with headlight was around $40 last time I checked, front racks were around $70.

Found the front rack, in a bit worse shape than I was thinking, I could do $50 shipped, you already talked about welding so I don't think you would be too concerned about the crack. It is tweaked to the left a bit, dinged up from use, and as normal some rust. Let me know if you need the aux power adapter, I don't think my rider has one, and I want to mock up something to power and mount my GPS on for state land riding :).

The headlight has a rusty guard around it, but it is straight. Would be perfect to sandblast and repaint. Headlight does have a bulb, not sure if it is good. I would be happy to get $30 out of the head light.

I've already got the headlight on its way.
Ill take the rack for 50 pm me your info
I don't need the aux power outlet as I've already converted mine to a 12v cig plug to run a compressor.
I would like to see a photo just for posterity to see what I'm getting into! Lol

You coukdnt find one on eBay for less that 120 straight or not

ps2fixer
04-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Ahh forgot to attach the photos >.<

Here, I added it into my web store real quick, you can pay with paypal with out making an account. This ensures I get the shipping details correct, and helps me track sales. Oh and mark it as in store pickup for the free shipping.

http://atcfixer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=44

Let me know if you have any problems.

xela456
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Sold
I just need the rack

xela456
04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
i guess s*** happens when your runnin hard! lol its a good candidate for blasting straitening and repainting. i'll probably take my rear rack off too while i'm at it and blast it down!

ps2fixer
04-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Lost power on Friday, sorry for the slow reply. Anyway I see you bought it and paid, so I should be able to get it shipped out on Monday.

If the racks realy go for $120+ on ebay, I have atleast one in pretty nice shape that I would part with. I don't need a pretty machine to ride it :). Kind of funny the big red big ticket parts are parts not required to be rode, plastic side covers and front rack, when the front fender only goes $25-50, and engine parts are fairly cheap.

xela456
04-14-2013, 12:16 PM
lol they are the parts the survive the least. my red had a right side cover when i first got it.
that thing disappeared in the first year! it really just disappeared in the garage. i know it wouldnt have come off on the highway cause i hauled it under a shell on my truck! vanished!
oh well like you said not required to ride. i think i will make one for it one day. heres a question i have for you does your e-start work? i fixed mine twice when i first got it and it hasnt worked for two years now so i just kick it! am i the only on who has given up?

ps2fixer
04-14-2013, 09:00 PM
What do you mean the electric start don't work on yours, like what does it do? I personally have had 0 problems with the electric start on my machines, in fact one of them purely relies on the electric start that I have ridden for around 3 years with no problems at all since the 1 way bearing for the kick starter is completely shot and I haven't gotten around to replace it yet.

xela456
04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Well the first starter just didn't work. From the po
The one after that a cheap eBay piece it worked for about 6 months or so before it chewed the gear up on both sides.
So I've just been kickin it since then
I justify haven't found a good deal on a gear set yet.or a high quality starter

ps2fixer
04-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Why not get a used OEM starter? I'm pretty sure I have one, and I should have a good starter gear set too. I can put the starter in my runner to test it to verify it is a solid working OEM starter. I'm not really all that sure on a price, what is it worth to you?

xela456
04-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Lol somehow I knew you'd have one!
and on that not i'm really not sure what to offer since your far more reasonable than where i would normally get it from and additionally i've never seen a reduction gear for sale by itself.

I wanna say is 60 plus shipping for both? fair for good used stock?

ps2fixer
04-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Just researched the prices a bit.

Just the gear reduction gears (no shafts, cover etc) sold for $108 -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Starter-Reduction-Gear-Honda-1985-ATC250ES-ATC250SX-/230685024128?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b5e61f80&vxp=mtr
Starters go all over the place, around $15-40
starter gear that goes behind the magneto didn't sell at $40, didn't see any sold separately besides that one.

$60 should be fine, just want to make sure I get what you need correctly, you need the gear reduction gears for the starter, and not the main large gear that has the 1 way bearing on the magneto right?

EDIT:

Just went out and went to grab the parts for a photo, I don't have the starter reduction gears :(, only set I have as a spare are in my spare motor that I'm keeping whole. I did find a starter though, $20 for it seem fair?

EDIT 2:

Here are the gears you need and several extra gears for the trans and such. The gear on the shaft at the top, and the gear just below that is the 1 set of gears, and down farther is the other one that does the reduction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-250SX-250ES-Transmission-Gears-Shifting-Forks-Cam-Shaft-Shifting-drum-plus-/281090945792?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4172537300&vxp=mtr

Not bad for $50 shipped lol.

Looking at the auction again, the last gear I talked about might not be for the starter, not 100% sure. You would have to look at yours, count teeth and see what the thickness is to be sure.

xela456
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
20 seems fair for a working oem starter. plus its rebuildable.
i'm cant exactly identify the exact gear i need for my starter but theres a whole transmission there and i'm not gonna pass that up for 50 shipped.
i'll continue to search for my gear.
and yeah what you ebayed at first is what i need just the 2 stacked gears

ps2fixer
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
I ploped it in my store again, listing is located here: http://atcfixer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=46

Not really worried about the little extra for shipping.

FYI, the gear I think you need is still listed for sale on service honda for $51. #12 on the diagram.

http://www.serviceyamahapsn.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2461235&category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=1985&fveh=131327

xela456
04-15-2013, 11:58 AM
I ploped it in my store again, listing is located here: http://atcfixer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=46

Not really worried about the little extra for shipping.

FYI, the gear I think you need is still listed for sale on service honda for $51. #12 on the diagram.

http://www.serviceyamahapsn.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2461235&category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=1985&fveh=131327
yeah i actually found it at rocky mountain brand new for 37 plus shipping same diagram #12
i'm gonna go ahead and add you to my friends list if you dont mind your extremely useful at helping me spend what little extra money i may have and runnning my paypal account up! lol
that gear set has like a whole transmission in it (just for clarification the sx and the es do have the same motor and trans correct?)

ps2fixer
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I have heard several things, but one member here confirmed that the 250sx trans and differential are both different gearing than the 250es. I'm about 80% sure the actual gears will interchange as long as you keep the same pairs together. The 250SX gearing should be slightly lower geared than the 250es trans. I have not personally tried to swap them though :(.

I'm an expert at spending money, and have great searching skills on ebay lol. I probably spend $500 to $1000 per month buying random stuff lol. I love working on stuff though, and most of the time so far it has been profitable, or at least in my best interest (get parts for cheap).

xela456
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
I have heard several things, but one member here confirmed that the 250sx trans and differential are both different gearing than the 250es. I'm about 80% sure the actual gears will interchange as long as you keep the same pairs together. The 250SX gearing should be slightly lower geared than the 250es trans. I have not personally tried to swap them though :(.

I'm an expert at spending money, and have great searching skills on ebay lol. I probably spend $500 to $1000 per month buying random stuff lol. I love working on stuff though, and most of the time so far it has been profitable, or at least in my best interest (get parts for cheap).

Well I've heard that the engines themselves are pretty much identical so I would think the whole assembly would match up as long as you kept it together but I don't know! I've never had any complaints about my gearing!
Ill do a forum search and. See. Worst case scenario I take what I need out of the set and sell the rest for a tidy little prophit

ps2fixer
04-15-2013, 03:25 PM
I shipped out the front rack and starter, and you should have an email with the tracking details.

xela456
04-15-2013, 04:13 PM
sounds good! thanks again! in no time ill be able to strap my new starter down to my new rack and be on the road! lol

ps2fixer
04-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Lol funny thing is, the starter is actually strapped down to the rack for shipping lol. Got to love packing wrap.