PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC200ES Breather Tube

ncorry
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Anyone know of a source for a replacement breather tube? I've got the plastic T, but the tubes are rotten. Doesn't have to be NOS, just looking for a suitable replacement.

kb0nly
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
I just dealt with this on mine... Here is what i did, i removed the T and the two tubes that come off it and go down and up, then i put a breather filter in the end of the tube that comes off the motor that used to go to the T. There is just a enough room below where the T was sitting that you can angle the breather filter down so it won't collect water and funnel it into the motor, then use the cable tie included and tie it to the frame/bolt by the sub-trans shifter so that the filter is angled downward. This will keep everything a lot cleaner as well, the stock setup kept out the biggest dirt but it still could suck in some dust.

Check over the tube from the motor to the T really good, that might be cracked and rotted with age, all you need is a chunk of 3/8" heater hose or vacuum tube to replace it.

Here is an example of what i bought..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNI-FILTER-3-8-SINGLE-INLET-CRANKCASE-BREATHER-FILTER-CLAMP-FOR-HARLEY-UP-121-/321043147654?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abfa9ab86&vxp=mtr