PDA

View Full Version : USMC Bootcamp! 11 days!

three_wheelin45
04-11-2013, 03:36 PM
AS the title says, my recruiter got me pushed up to april 22nd to leave for basic. 11days! Is there any other marines on here? I hear ima have a blast in boot! lol but im having to leave my 200x with 250Rfanatic85, so nothin happens to it while im gone! But I cant wait to take advantage of being in cali and stock up on a few trikes!

fabiodriven
04-11-2013, 03:52 PM
HOO-RAH KILLA!!!!

Ex army here, but great choice man!

rjs89ia
04-11-2013, 04:09 PM
13 weeks of pure desert heat. got some friends based in 29 palms its usually a good time when i go down there. take the R with me sometimes and do some hill shooting its a rush.

atc007
04-11-2013, 05:13 PM
My Dad and some Uncles were Marines. Good luck to you,stay open to learn a lot. Thank you for your service!

RIDE-RED 250r
04-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Former Army here.

Boot camp will be scary at first, but don't let it get ya down. Pay attention to detail, don't make yourself known in a bad way, and put 110% into everything you do. It will be a life changing experience you will never forget and you will be proud of it!

Best of luck to you and thanks for your service! :beer

jb2wheels
04-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Great news. My dad was a Marine. I was Air Force. Thanks for jumping in with both feet!

Although, if you're having fun in boot camp, they're doing it wrong... ;)

Flyingw
04-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Former Air Force here. The thing to remember about boot regardless of branch of service is boot is a screening tool to find out who can handle stress and follow instruction. Keep you mouth shut and listen to what the drill instructors are saying and what they are telling you to do. Day 5 of my boot I went down to my section supervisor's office and told them to get me the hell out of there. The MSgt explained what boot was all about. He said to give it another week and if I still wanted out they would put me on a plane back home. Once it was explained to me, it made perfect sense. Needless to say, it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Semper Fi Marine. Get ready for a wild ride.

RapidRick
04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
To all of you who have served, a sincere appreciation.

To the volunteer making the commitment, very impressive decision, keep us informed, best wishes, good luck, and thank you.

three_wheelin45
08-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Ha im wrapping up mct here in camp pendleton, i graduate tuesday then head out to pensacola florida. Bootcamp was pretty intense. I made it though, seen alota people not make it and couldnt handle it or get dropped back and stay longer. I went in with the mind set, its just their job and the fastest way out is to just do it. Its pretty intimidating though barley being 18 and watching 20 year old grown men cry and trailprotrailpro like holy sh**! They were usualy the ones that had a pretty sheltered up bringing. But oh well just gota do what you gota do and try to make some fun out of getting slayed or you will go nuts. Me and some buddies in there would have sweat puddle compettitions lmao!

tripledog
08-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Former Army here (nearly 30 years ago). Try to keep a level head during boot camp. Wish I had a better understanding of what boot camp was all about before I enlisted. In retrospect, it all makes perfect sense. Best of luck to you, and above all, thank you for your service!!!

tripledog
08-25-2013, 08:05 AM
OOPS! Congrats on completing boot camp. Sounds like you have a great attitude, and I am sure you will do well. Thanks again for serving!