PDA

View Full Version : Go Pro question

Dirtcrasher
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Before I smash this thing (Go Pro HD 2) how do I get it off the 4x4 square it comes on when purchased??

I look underneath and there are 2 "things" that look like I need to push/twist in or out to remove it. Nothing seems to work, feel free to call me an idiot.

Although smashing it into a cement wall is a thought, I have reviewed the manual I I must be as dumb as a stump but this thing needs to come off and mount on a curved pad. No instructions tell me what to do and I don't want to snap anything off.

I promise good vidz to follow!!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!!!

Dirtcrasher
04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Never mind, I smashed it. Just kidding. I got under a better light and found something to squeeze it out (why the manual does not mention this is beyond me)

So, I'll charge the battery; Then what do you do, center the mount on a wiped clean helmet, take a rip and check the video and adjust accordingly?. I know, stupid question.........

Where do I get the HDMI cable for my computer or what is it suppose to be so I can get a made in chine one for a good cheap. EBAY is on my list.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Camexican
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
LOL! I forgot about that thing. Took me longer to open than I care to admit!:lol:

After it is mounted, put your lid on and walk around the house for a few minutes, then download the footage and make sure you didn't just film your visor and nothing else. If you are like me you will immediately wonder if the Mrs. will let you wear the helmet while you're doin the deed with her, try to resist the urge to ask, trust me, it won't go over well.
Adjust as required.

The cable is at Best Buy and it ain't cheap ($25+) but you can use it to hook your DVD to your TV later and I THINK it gives you more resolution than the factory cables (not certain about that).

sp8twn
04-12-2013, 12:14 AM
LMFAO!!!!!:beer[QUOTE=El Camexican;1216005]

If you are like me you will immediately wonder if the Mrs. will let you wear the helmet while you're doin the deed with her, try to resist the urge to ask, trust me, it won't go over well.
Adjust as required.

fabiodriven
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
If you are like me you will immediately wonder if the Mrs. will let you wear the helmet while you're doin the deed with her, try to resist the urge to ask, trust me, it won't go over well.

Speak for yourself!

El Camexican
04-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Speak for yourself!
:pics: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JasonB
04-12-2013, 09:20 AM
lol i had the same problem! Spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get it off without destroying anything!

Xhumeka
04-12-2013, 03:12 PM
So, I'll charge the battery; Then what do you do, center the mount on a wiped clean helmet, take a rip and check the video and adjust accordingly?. I know, stupid question.........

I find the best "starting place" is to set your helmet on a nice flat surface, and mount/position your GoPro so that it sits exactly level with the table. Kind of hard to explain, I made this video a few years ago that people seem to find useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYR2AUA3p-M

Dirtcrasher
04-12-2013, 04:37 PM
I find the best "starting place" is to set your helmet on a nice flat surface, and mount/position your GoPro so that it sits exactly level with the table. Kind of hard to explain, I made this video a few years ago that people seem to find useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYR2AUA3p-M

Thanks bud!!

Nice to know a few of us felt like morons removing the crap from the plastic 4x4 :lol:

I can't wait to capture every local ride as well as TF13 :D