PDA

View Full Version : odd request, need mosquitoes

tri again
04-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Wanting to test out a new mosq 'bait' I'm thinking about selling.

It's actually edible and non toxic but we won't see skeeters here for another couple months.

I'll make the trap out of a cut off soda bottle
and the bait is something we can all find in a FOOD isle in any supermarket, which I will mix up and send out for free.

Maybe we'll ALL get rich offa this one.

just ben
04-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Better get a patent filed. That skeeter trap recipe has been around for a while.

90guy
04-13-2013, 08:21 AM
I second the idea with the patent before you send it off for use! Be a while before Mosquitos here due to another blizzard coming through the great Dakota's.

kebby28
04-13-2013, 08:54 AM

This is like brown sugar and yeast or something...

captainweezy
04-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I will try anything! They eat me alive. I can be standing outside with 50 other people and they only bite me. Something to do with in the oil in my fathers side of the family.

Scootertrash
04-13-2013, 11:24 PM
I'd send ya some, but we just got 6 inches of snow so they are still hibernating.

atc350xer
04-14-2013, 09:21 AM
You wanna get rich? Find a cure for these Brown marmorated stink bugs that some idiot accidentally imported from asia 10-12 years ago.. what a friggin' nightmare. They get into everything, including your house, ruin crops, and they stink! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_marmorated_stink_bug

El Camexican
04-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Up in Manitoba were the skeeters will often bore holes into the Deep Woods Off cans like woodpeckers and suck the fluid out for a cheap high we have found this type of trap (below) to be most effective, but it’s hard to keep up with the maintenance on these models. If you can come up with something better to get rid of them that does not cause birth defects in future hockey players I promise you that they will erect a stature of you and give you the key to every city in the province. This place will be your #1 market. Contact the City of Winnipeg Works and Operations and ask who you can talk to about your invention to and how to go about getting in the door. These guys spend millions per year spraying toxic chemicals into the air combating skeeters.

Good luck.

Angore
04-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Don't know about the skeeters , but I heard this morning that the cicada population this year will be far greater than years past .
Anyone got a concoction to catch these beasts ?

Angore
04-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Don't know about the skeeters , but I heard this morning that the cicada population this year will be far greater than years past .

Spring buzz is all about impending cicada boom
Brood 2 ready to emerge

UPDATED 7:56 AM EDT Apr 13, 2013

Adult cicada.

SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY, Pa. —It's time to get ready for the return of the cicadas.

Millions, if not billions, of the noisy insects are expected to be showing up this spring all over the East Coast.

The so-called "Brood 2" cicadas may be on the way. The life cycle of the cicada means in the next few weeks, the brood will come up from underground where they have been living, find a mate and die.

News 8 spoke to insect expert Dr. John Wallace at Millersville University. Wallace said that because the cicadas are a good source of food, the swarm could lead to a jump in the fish and mice population.

While cicadas make quite a racket, they do not sting or bite. The insects usually die about four weeks after emerging.

Read more: http://www.wgal.com/news/susquehanna-valley/state/Spring-buzz-is-all-about-impending-cicada-boom/-/9758860/19714422/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/73yoy4/-/index.html#ixzz2QTO5I9RG

El Camexican
04-14-2013, 04:58 PM

They don't hurt anything, just make a bunch of noise (drive ya ta drink). We have a bunch of them here every year.

kb0nly
04-15-2013, 12:15 AM
I have the cure to all these problems.... I go out after getting home with my propane powered bug fogger, i walk around the yard in a circle a few times, the result looks like a fog bank slowly moving across the neighborhood, my neighbors love the results also, then i enjoy the rest of the day and evening bug free drinking beer on my deck.

This stuff kills everything and keeps killing for a while. If the mosquitos get really voracious one of my neighbors has one of those propane powered mosquito traps, it covers a large area when that thing is running, literally half the block stays bug free but the machine looks like its about to be picked up by the swarm around it.

I also use a bug light with a mosquito attractant capsule in the bottom, nice blue light and crack crack crack of dying bugs.