PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rome, NY

jmccarrell
04-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Hello all! I am posting here mainly to get some information. I am thinking of buying a set of three Honda atc's that have been setting under a tarp for a few years for $800. So, with that said I dunno what is meant by a few years yet. I do know that there are two ATC185's and one ATC200. I'm assuming they're early 80's models. I do know none of them are currently running and need to know what I should look for when I do go check them out. Also, does $800 sound like a good deal for three wheelers? I'm sure I could pick up a quad for that but I've always been partial to trikes. I just need to be sure I'll be getting a good deal and wanna make sure I'm not getting in over my head. I have never had one of these but I'm familiar with working on vehicles and am pretty good at trouble shooting. Hope to hear from you all very soon as I plan on looking at these bikes this week.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey there and welcome from just 20 minutes away!!

3 hard tails, not running for unknown reasons.... I would definitely try to get them cheaper than $800 myself. You could be in for a heck of a ride, or you could get lucky. It's a crap shoot.

Most importantly, I would see if they turn over and seem to have compression. If all 3 do, then it might be worthwhile to try and snag em. But I would still try to get them cheaper than 800.

Welcome aboard!

3Queen
04-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi and Welcome to 3WW.. You were seeing about info. on them 3 trikes RIDE-RED 250r is right, if you can talk him down and see what is going on with them.. And you feel like your getting a deal then get them.. Good luck, And if you get them we would like to see pics.