PDA

View Full Version : Bombing at Boston Marathon

hinddee29
04-15-2013, 04:00 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013-boston-marathon-finish-line/

2 Dead, 22 injured so far. Going to get even crazier people..

CRAZY70MAN
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
they are back!! Evil never rests it seems???..

El Camexican
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Freakin nut jobs. I hope the two that died were the ones that set them off and not innocents.

Scootertrash
04-15-2013, 08:32 PM
I heard they are detaining a "person of suspicion" who was injured and was at one of the hospitals.

KASEY
04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
one of the dead is a 8 year old child! that is so unfair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, whats wrong with people?????????? i guess they are more like animals than people...............

RIDE-RED 250r
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
one of the dead is a 8 year old child! that is so unfair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, whats wrong with people?????????? i guess they are more like animals than people...............

Couldn't agree more!

Flossyb20
04-15-2013, 11:13 PM
How on earth could this happen??? Especially with all the laws and control in place to keep these bombs off the street...we should make even harder to buy these things...it's suppose to work with guns right?
On a less sarcastic note...quite a tragedy, especially the 8 year old...my heart goes out to all involved.

Mosh
04-16-2013, 09:16 AM
First of all I really have a wall of text I would like to write about this ordeal, and particularly, how the mainstream media handles these attacks these days, however now is not the time. But do yourselves a favor and shut the mainstream media off, and get your updates from more reputable online agencies, that do not muddy the waters with terms of shock reporting. That does not mean get the facts from Facecrook or twatter either, where much of the sheeple reside, but places like the "Telegraph, and BBC news" will give you much more precise reports.;)

I do want to express sympathy's to the people affected by this thing.

Some food for thought for those of you that may be questioning recent events of these natures.
Look down the crystal ball in the not too distant furture with me.

April 2014

"Congressional lawmakers are slated to have a emergency deliberations in response to the recent bombing in Boston"

Topics of discussion will be on first order, of requiring "Background checks" and "Medical evaluations" to ALL people who enter Home Depot and Lowes to purchase any galvanized piping, lawn fertalizer, nuts and bolts or ball bearings. All construction workers, Mechanics, and plumbers will be required to pass a federal course in building safety, and worker evaluation as well as bi-yearly subjections to drug testing to purchase any construction materials that could be used as weapons of mass destruction. Projected costs of such evaluations will be around 1$ billion annually, which will be offset by new taxes on construction supplies and background checks that will be paid for by the applicants.
Furthermore, the Obama administration in relation with the Dept of Homeland Defense, have updated the term "terrorist or persons of suspicion, to include peoples who carry a backpack or dufflebag, and be immediately subjected to search and seizure practices without due process.

Just a hpyothetical observation based on the knee jerk gun control reactions in response to the Sandy Hook incident, that probably is not too far out there.

oldskool83
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
It sucks, I am not following the story nor will i choose too. TV sucks dont watch it. Not following it on the media either. Hope ppl get better and everything but i think the less this is covered by the media the less there will more a rash of these in the up comming 3-4 weeks. Because like everything else it just helps promote those who need to do this, it does not help anymore.

El Camexican
04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Some food for thought for those of you that may be questioning recent events of these natures.

April 2014

"Congressional lawmakers are slated to have a emergency deliberations in response to the recent bombing in Boston"

Topics of discussion will be on first order, of requiring "Background checks" and "Medical evaluations" to ALL people who enter Home Depot and Lowes to purchase any galvanized piping, lawn fertalizer, nuts and bolts or ball bearings. All construction workers, Mechanics, and plumbers will be required to pass a federal course in building safety, and worker evaluation as well as bi-yearly subjections to drug testing to purchase any construction materials that could be used as weapons of mass destruction. Projected costs of such evaluations will be around 1$ billion annually, which will be offset by new taxes on construction supplies and background checks that will be paid for by the applicants.
Furthermore, the Obama administration in relation with the Dept of Homeland Defense, have updated the term "terrorist or persons of suspicion, to include peoples who carry a backpack or dufflebag, and be immediately subjected to search and seizure practices without due process.

Interesting post Mosh. Very reminiscent of what they did in Canada starting years back, but for another supposed reason and I can’t help but wonder if that is not what is really behind such a proposal.

Basically the Canadian government decided how much of any given construction material constituted a contractors proportion. i.e. a 2# box of welding rods could be bought anonymously, but say a 20# can was considered to be what a contractor would buy and therefore required identification to be shown and noted by the seller whether or not a receipt was requested by the purchaser. This applies to sand, bricks, steel, wood, whatever and if your name comes up enough times and you don’t have a business registered to justify your purchase, or if you do have a business registered and your material purchases don’t jive with your tax declarations the way big brother would like they pull out the old analmometer and crawl up yer kester to see what you’ve been up to.

I honestly don’t think the governments of the World want to stop events like Boston or shootings by the mentally deranged that scare the general public. I think they like us scared. So scared that we will give up basic freedoms like getting on a subway or buying freaking lumber to build a shed anonymously in order to feel “safe”. In the end it is control they seek and what better way to get it than to have us hand it over to them under the guise of keeping us safe? The proposal you posted reeks of a personal information and tax grab and would add only a few days of extra planning to pull off another event like Boston should that be someone’s sick plan. They control our ability to barter with soon to be worthless currency. Electronic fingerprints which we are only now realizing the magnitude of and soon weapons. Does anyone here doubt that one day an aggressive comment on the Internet will result in the loss of the right to bear arms, or result in “special attention”? I sure don’t and I think anyone who does is a fool.

atc007
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Very well said. DEBT,and FEAR, ==,the new slavery,,,and all they have to do is sit back and shake the crystal ball whenever they want to.

El Camexican
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Very well said. DEBT,and FEAR, ==,the new slavery,,,and all they have to do is sit back and shake the crystal ball whenever they want to.

It's freaking scary Man, but what can the average shmuck do about it? Even if you don't let yourselves get caught in the gears of debt the government does it for you by devaluating the currency and passing it out like smokes to the people most likely to vote for them. That said, this goes way beyond elected officials. All our strings are being pulled by organizations we know little or nothing about, so what options do we have besides getting in line and making the same sounds that livestock make when they are herded into the slaughter house? Every time some nut pulls a trigger, or something like Boston happens the governments of the World immediately put another “fail safe” security system in place to monitor all the innocent people who did nothing wrong.

hinddee29
04-16-2013, 04:07 PM
I think it's all going to depend on who gets the credit for doing it. Don't know about needing background checks. If so then you will need one to buy cooking stuff.
It has been confirmed 2 pressure cookers fill with different types of metals was the device used. Also this is a common type of IED taught in Afghanistan terrorist training camps.
So guess we'll just have to wait and see who done it...

Far as the conspiracy theorist goes I have my own thoughts, but I'll keep em to myself.

Dirtcrasher
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I know that our brains all work differently. I feel bad if I run over a squirrel.

I cannot imagine having the mindset to just kill random people.

They walked past people enjoying a tradition, young children, babies and so forth.

How does that make them feel?? I guess to the person who did it, considers it it a victory.

My thoughts go out to all the people who were killed or hurt. And this crap also ruins that traditional event which will be scared forever.

This is one crazy arse world were living in right now and I am afraid it will only get worse...............

redsox
04-16-2013, 05:14 PM
i've run boston 3 times. I did not run this year. i went to the sox game and was over in kenmore square (about a mile away) when the blasts went off. 8 year old kid got killed over there while waiting for his dad to finish. lots of good, innocent people hurt. Bad. I was stuck in town for a few hours because the T was messed up. Scary stuff. to anybody that hasn't been to boston, or specifically the marathon, you cant imagine what kind of day it is for the city. It is the superbowl of the running world, and draws almost as much international attention as a superbowl. perfect target for any sicko. i'm no fan of the government. far from it. but now is not the time to worry about buying nails in bulk. remember that real people are involved, and that evil really exists. We're still at war, and we are far less safe than we think.

tulsamike3434
04-16-2013, 05:42 PM
we're still at war, and we are far less safe than we think.

man that's the truth!!!

maxdallasfan
04-16-2013, 08:44 PM
If it turns out to be a terrorist from that country full of wack muther phukers, then we are a laughing stock once again.

What's it gonna take to end this? The only way I see is wiping them off the map. Yeah, innocents will die, but their demise will rest on the people responsible. Otherwise, we'll all just keep waiting and wondering when the next attack will come.

We need to teach the world not to eff with us, or everyone will pay. Yeah, that means you too Kim Jong-un.

fabiodriven
04-16-2013, 09:00 PM
First of all I really have a wall of text I would like to write about this ordeal, and particularly, how the mainstream media handles these attacks these days, however now is not the time. But do yourselves a favor and shut the mainstream media off, and get your updates from more reputable online agencies, that do not muddy the waters with terms of shock reporting. That does not mean get the facts from Facecrook or twatter either, where much of the sheeple reside, but places like the "Telegraph, and BBC news" will give you much more precise reports.;)

You nailed that one on the head Rob.

First of all, obviously a tragedy like this sucks out loud. I do not intend to downplay the severity of the situation or the pain people are feeling from this. These things hurt, that's what they're designed to do. All I can do right now is offer my deepest sympathies to anyone who has been affected by this.

You cannot hide from a situation like this in a world saturated with instant media. Everyone knows what happened within minutes. There are videos from every angle and thousands of pictures all posted instantly and somewhat forcefully. I personally find it very offensive that such graphic images are so widely spread, gawked at, and considered acceptable for consumption by the general public as a whole. The gore is one part that bothers me personally but for much bigger reasons than just finding it disgusting in general.

I find it offensive because it is forced on me, and all of us. These images are blazed across TV screens in public places right after they happen and they show in graphic HD detail people who have just been blown up by a bomb. My sympathies are as strong as the arse-clown posting blessings to all affected on Facebook if not stronger. I feel so strongly for this person that I see in a situation like that, and I imagine how I would feel if it were me in that picture. How would I feel if my shredded, dismembered body wash splashed across Facebook like the pictures you all saw yesterday? How would you feel? You want to see that, you sign on the line and you go to war. If you're not there partaking, there is absolutely no reason for you to see that. Nobody should see that if they don't have to. What we have is just the opposite. It's crammed down our throats and it bothers me deeply.

I will be deleting my Facebook as soon as I can by the way. I cannot do it right now though. Long story.

I can honestly say that my own people scare me personally more than terrorists. And before any of you come at me with your American flag cape on, save it unless you've personally fought terrorists face to face.

When something happens like this, social media explodes in a furious contest to see whose sympathy is the strongest. Whose heart goes out the farthest so to speak. The graphic pictures and videos come first, but within an hour or two there is a spattering of "candles lit", "blessings sent", and "ribbons hung". It's sad because if these people felt as strongly as they suggested on Facebook, they would do the the real thing. In other words, how about actually going to a candle lit vigil and actually lighting a real candle with a real flame instead of swiping your finger and acting concerned. Or physically tying an actual bow somewhere instead of acting like you would.

I can't count how many times I saw how "brave" we are. Why is this? What makes us brave? The fact that we were blindly ambushed and hit with a low blow? Was it the fact that people were maimed and killed? And they, I, and you were helpless to do anything about it? Were we brave because we were force fed the pictures and videos of fellow human beings with missing limbs? Is that what makes us brave? By all means, if anyone can tell me why we are brave for having this happen to us then have at it. The floor is yours if you have an answer.

I am brave. I went to war. I am not trying to come off as arrogant, but I was willing to give up my life in order to be called brave. I went someplace where if someone bombed your buddies, you have the option to wipe them off the map. You go there knowing what awaits. I've had enough of this country and it's "every-fricken-one wins" BS. If you were sitting on your arse that day, or at work, or not in Boston, or if you didn't lay your body across another person's in order to shield them, you are not brave. You are a citizen of a state that has just been attacked. That does not make you brave.

Also, I can assure everyone that the Boston sports team's mascots will not be unleashing their vengeance. In case some of you hadn't seen this gem, feast your eyes-

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/644240_10151847911704692_2090451152_n_zpsd9d9911c. jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/644240_10151847911704692_2090451152_n_zpsd9d9911c. jpg.html)

Now, I really don't even know where to get started over this one. Either I'm completely insane (which is highly feasible, all joking aside), or the entire world has lost their fricking marbles. Am I seriously supposed to feel somber and try and show some respect for such a horrific situation with people posting pictures of the facking Boston sports team's mascots portrayed as facking cartoons, and think that the goddam cartoon renditions of the godforsaken Boston sports team's mascots are going to come to life and put these evil-doers to justice? Am I seriously supposed to swallow that? Because I'm not! These people are so dumbfoundedly high and idiotic that this is OK behavior for society now! To make a poster with cartoons on it the day multiple people are maimed and killed in a horrific terrorist act. Hey, here's a suggestion- How about you STFU and show some respect. Hang your head in silence for a minute and think about how it would feel to be there. Don't post a fackin cartoon for christ's sake.

Cartoon renditions of sports team's mascots do not unleash their wrath upon the enemy, men do. Men fight these battles.

I made it a point to stay off of Facebook yesterday when the shite hit the fan, and then I got "tagged" in a post. It was a guy I know, mostly an acquaintance, who had posted something about war (he's never been) and somehow correlated it to yesterdays bombing. I don't remember how and I don't care to read it again. But that's my point- Even trying to keep away from these things is difficult these days. It's almost forced upon you. Does anyone wonder why? I do.

I don't hold anything against the guy who tagged me in his post. His intentions were the best and that's what really matters. He's a good guy. It's the idiots who post cartoons and people with missing limbs that concern me. They scare me. I'm surrounded by them.

TimSr
04-16-2013, 09:36 PM
You knew the media would do it - hours after this attack, Chris Mathews blames the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin....blah blah blah. Obama wants to use caution and not rush to judgement in labeling it a "terrorist attack". So far he has not blamed it in a youtube video, probably because I think they are still holding that guy in prison. It obviously cannot be Al-Quaida because Bin Ladin is dead, and they are on the run other than those "protesters" who destroyed our embassy and murdered 4 Americans, but then "What difference does it make?" At least Obama got to recycle the same speech he used for the embassy.Terrorists watch it an laugh. Maybe will catch one and interrogate him by repeatedly asking nicely to disclose the names of all involved, and then keep him in a New York hotel while he waits for trial.

In times like this I miss President Reagan. I miss GW Bush. I despise the communist Muslim sympathizer that we now have to rely on.

If you need bearings for your trike, buy them now. I expect a panic bearing shortage with the proposed bearing taxes and restrictions.

El Camexican
04-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Fabio's post brings up a topic I’ve never really understood, but I may have just had a moment of clarity reading it. Could it be that the reason something stupid like that 4 mascot image (which will no doubt sell t-shirts by the thousands) provides the same thing to some as belonging to a street gang of any other group that replaces a nuclear family? Granted, someone who buys a shirt with that image wanting to fit in and be tough, or send out a “We’ll get these guys” text to everyone he knows is a long way from a gang banger assaulting an innocent person as part of an initiation, but the desire to belong to something bigger than themselves is the same. I’d never claim to know exactly what makes someone want to be in a gang, or be part of the “in thing” without knowing exactly what “it” is (I refer you to the 2008 Obama campaign), but my best guess is that it has a lot to do with broken families, dinners alone in front of a TV babysitter, not being allowed out of the house to play with friends on the weekend or instead choosing to play video games alone and not participating in whatever other interaction humans are meant to have in order to grow up into contributing members of society.

My best wild guess at this point is that the perpetrators of this heinous crime are a couple of losers who spent the last few years convincing each other that this would be a “cool thing to do”. Nothing more, no political or religious reasons, just a couple losers that likely came from bad homes and desperately wanted to get the attention of a society that they feel they don’t fit into. If my hunch is right then they sadly have a lot in common with those who eagerly scramble to be the first to post a bloody photo of the victims or group some cartoon characters together and talk tough to an unknown enemy. Both are needing to fulfill something they didn’t get growing up.

If someone wants to be “brave” or “tough” and impress others they should try being a good parent and not raising any gang bangers, loners or outright nut jobs. Hardest job I can think of, but properly done the results are incredible and in the end the world is a lot better off than if someone just buys a Made in China flag, or a tough guy t-shirt. The last thing the world needs is more people with no respect for human life.

redsox
04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
One dead and one shot all to hell and captured. not too shabby, i guess. MIT cop (kid) got assassinated. Farking terrorists. Still feels shatty. Chechen Muslims. WTF!! In the end it wasn't a leprechaun or a bear or a monster that caught him. Most certainly a patriot, though. It was a farking regular cop, (or group of cops) doing his regular job. Scared s*&t out of his balls that he was gonna get blown up. Remember that the next time some overzealous asshole writes you a ticket for an inspection sticker. There are things that go bump in the night. Fortunately, there are men who hunt that which goes bump in the night. USA beat USSR, again. Slow down your victory dance though. There are alotta people living in a world of pain today. Everybody smiles at the end of Rocky IV. But I bet Apollo's kid thinks the whole thing sucks. They don't pan to his face after they show Adrian crying tears of joy. No, sir. Dead is forever. No legs is forever. All this joy and togetherness will be gone soon enough. Where will all this togetherness be in ten years when the poor guy with no legs can't support his family? or cant dance at his daughters wedding? Bad stuff. Suckville, USA. No ban on pressure cookers yet. Must not be a priority in this administration. Whats up with North Korea?? They still wanna blow us all to hell? Sunday we were on the verge of Nuclear holocaust and two crazy russians overcooked the roofing nails and blamo,,,, No more Korean threat?!?!?!?!?!??!! like it never happened. On to the next news cycle. the media is the worst. The older I get, the more I understand 1984. Are we fighting the Eurasians and Eastasians?? I cant remember. Also,,,, side question,,,, did Texas blow up? I've been out of the loop lately. My rants is over. Sorry for the downer. Gonna go do wheelies in the yard. Its nice out. i suggest you do the same.

hinddee29
04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Redsox you made some interesting comments.. No, the world still want all of us dead. It's not US vs USSR anymore it is Muslims wiping everyone off the planet that
doesn't believe the same as they do. Funny thing is Christians are doing the same, but doing it at a different angle. They us in the name of PEACE. So it's the same
story that has taken place since the beginning of time. It just finally spread far enough to be a global fight now.

I think people that have lived any other place but the US looks at what happen this week as something normal and are just adapted to things like this since it happens
so much. I think we have been spoiled and got used to living in the security from the distance of these threats. Well globalization has brought
it to our door step now. The US will suffer the same fate as everyone else and will be turned into a war zone. Don't believe me? Well actions that took place this past week
is a very some scale example what's to come and how government federal, state and local will handle it. It is shocking to see how fast everyone stood down and allowed
them to take full control.

Mosh
04-21-2013, 09:33 AM
I think people that have lived any other place but the US looks at what happen this week as something normal and are just adapted to things like this since it happens
so much. I think we have been spoiled and got used to living in the security from the distance of these threats. Well globalization has brought
it to our door step now. The US will suffer the same fate as everyone else and will be turned into a war zone. Don't believe me? Well actions that took place this past week
is a very some scale example what's to come and how government federal, state and local will handle it. It is shocking to see how fast everyone stood down and allowed
them to take full control.

These are 2 key points that just Pi$$ me off to no end. Instead of mandating new restrictions to take Americans freedoms away even more, by stripping down layers of the constitution in a fashion that most people don't even notice it, Lets freaking maybe put a squeeze on US immigration..If the idiot lawmakers actually put 1/10th the effort into more strict "refugee"/immigration policies, as they do GUN and HEALTH reform, maybe these last 2 bogus attacks could have been prevented. (This Boston deal and 9-11)

I mean come the FFFF on..They allow these people in the country, pay their friggin way with American Tax dollars. Just so they can turn around and bomb us or blow us up from within. The FBI and other agencies KNEW these people were suspicious, and still let them stay here..WTF..Talk about a complete failure of the system..But mainstream media just champions them for catching or killing these people AFTER the damage is done..WRONG...Complete 100% failure of the Govt and systems, to do their job and babysit these foreign refugee radicals.:banned:

Instead of the media praising the FBI and State departments, they should be questioning the horrible breakdown of the agencies that investigated and suspected these radicals of foul behavior, but continued to let them roam the streets of the US free to do what they want.

Hey Obama..Here is a real novel idea for your next Constitution depleting, NAZI schemer law maker meeting or executive order...

How about you close the gates..Quit letting these people in here? Or if you do, why not strip their freedoms down, and tag them with a damn ankle bracelet, order them to have background checks monthly. Report to a probation officer. These damn radical implants, probably can obtain a gun faster than a homegrown American can.
This is the Best the US Government can do? You can't control your attackers, so just control your peoples?:wondering

And then look at the Sheeple. If you take offense to that, then you are letting these clowns strip your freedom and actually endorse it. Don't be mad at the term. Be mad at the Man/men that were put into term that implemented this crap. Not Only Obama, and Clinton, but Bush too.
You just saw the "Patriot act and Martial Law" put into full Nazi effect on Friday. Ordering Citizens to "Stay in Shelter"..That's just political correct feel good jargon code for DO WHAT WE TELL YOU, while we come into your home unannounced without a warrant..It is total utter BS..If I would have lived there, we would have had problems. I would have defended my constitutional right, and not let them in without a warrant out of principle. I have nothing to hide, it is the PRINCIPAL of the thing. You compromise as people, and let them do it once, they will do it over and over.. It is against the my, YOUR constitutional right to treat me or any other American like that. I am not the bomber, why should I be treated like the criminal. Had YOU idiots done your job we wouldn't be in this position more than likely.

People really need to examine what actually happened here..It is time that the reset button is used. While I have no power to set the ball in motion, everywhere I go I will be stating how much I want the current President and certain policies impeached or revoked. I suggest others start voicing their opinions as well everywhere you can.

Mosh
04-21-2013, 09:49 AM
And holy Crap Fabio..I just had time to digest that entire post....And I compeltely agree. You are not insane. Most people have lost their marbles and act just like that.

Someone with a photoshop program pimping all these "U.S. Citizens are so tough" propaganda around the internet..Most of em, if you cut a loud fart around them, they are cowering under a table.

El Camexican
04-21-2013, 11:20 PM
I was so shocked to learn this:rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-bombing-suspects-did-not-valid-handgun-licenses-234648018.html

redsox
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Agree with some, disagree with others. here goes.

These are 2 key points that just Pi$$ me off to no end. Instead of mandating new restrictions to take Americans freedoms away even more, by stripping down layers of the constitution in a fashion that most people don't even notice it, Lets freaking maybe put a squeeze on US immigration..If the idiot lawmakers actually put 1/10th the effort into more strict "refugee"/immigration policies, as they do GUN and HEALTH reform, maybe these last 2 bogus attacks could have been prevented. (This Boston deal and 9-11)

I mean come the FFFF on..They allow these people in the country, pay their friggin way with American Tax dollars. Just so they can turn around and bomb us or blow us up from within. The FBI and other agencies KNEW these people were suspicious, and still let them stay here..WTF..Talk about a complete failure of the system..But mainstream media just champions them for catching or killing these people AFTER the damage is done..WRONG...Complete 100% failure of the Govt and systems, to do their job and babysit these foreign refugee radicals.:banned:

Instead of the media praising the FBI and State departments, they should be questioning the horrible breakdown of the agencies that investigated and suspected these radicals of foul behavior, but continued to let them roam the streets of the US free to do what they want.

Hey Obama..Here is a real novel idea for your next Constitution depleting, NAZI schemer law maker meeting or executive order...

How about you close the gates..Quit letting these people in here? Or if you do, why not strip their freedoms down, and tag them with a damn ankle bracelet, order them to have background checks monthly. Report to a probation officer. These damn radical implants, probably can obtain a gun faster than a homegrown American can.
This is the Best the US Government can do? You can't control your attackers, so just control your peoples?:wondering

Cambridge is the epicenter of liberalism. its crazy crazy crazy town over there. Harvard Elite central. It rivals San Fran on its liberal agenda. Cambridge is a self-proclaimed "sanctuary city" where illegal aliens are welcomed with open arms, provided with EBT, cell phones, obama/romney care, etc, etc. its bad. Its where that henry gates guy got pinched for flipping out on the cop helping him and then Obama called the cop stupid. remember the beer summit? Anyway, I agree. the border is a siv, and places like cambridge have policies that endanger everyone. We talk about pakistan harboring terror, how about places like cambridge?

And onto point number 2.

And then look at the Sheeple. If you take offense to that, then you are letting these clowns strip your freedom and actually endorse it. Don't be mad at the term. Be mad at the Man/men that were put into term that implemented this crap. Not Only Obama, and Clinton, but Bush too.
You just saw the "Patriot act and Martial Law" put into full Nazi effect on Friday. Ordering Citizens to "Stay in Shelter"..That's just political correct feel good jargon code for DO WHAT WE TELL YOU, while we come into your home unannounced without a warrant..It is total utter BS..If I would have lived there, we would have had problems. I would have defended my constitutional right, and not let them in without a warrant out of principle. I have nothing to hide, it is the PRINCIPAL of the thing. You compromise as people, and let them do it once, they will do it over and over.. It is against the my, YOUR constitutional right to treat me or any other American like that. I am not the bomber, why should I be treated like the criminal. Had YOU idiots done your job we wouldn't be in this position more than likely.

I disagree. not in principle, (because i there i think you're spot on), but in what actually happened. This situation is being looked at now, and reflected upon, and, like most things, misrepresented. People were scared. Really scared. This kid and his brother were maniacs and did things never done before on American soil. They executed a cop to steal his gun, because they only had one gun between them. Couldn't get it out of his holster. then, they carjacked a guy and led the cops on a chase where they threw bombs out the window to try and stop their pursuers. like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro movie. as far as "the sheeple" and Martial Law and Nazi effect,,,, nonsense. you give the government way too much credit. they couldn't tie their shoes, never mind orchestrate a takeover in the midst of all this. Nobody had their rights infringed. the police scanner was one call for service after another. "can you check my basement, attic, shed, shop, dog house, etc, etc, etc,." endless. People were requesting the service. Requesting the police. Requesting the searches. so much so that the demand could not be met. this was a manhunt. no ideology involved. no policy changes, no "we're coming to get your guns". this was the cops trying to catch the bad guy. which they did. alive.I don't know what the extent is, of the intelligence failures, prior to the first bomb exploding. (i bet we never find out the truth.) but the government, at least the local government, (which is awful in every respect) did a phenomenal job here. they were very, very lucky in many respects, but still, they did a great job. i don't want that to get misrepresented.

Billy Golightly
04-24-2013, 10:02 AM
“Did you wonder what is wrong with the world? You are now seeing the climax of the creed of the uncaused and unearned. All your gangs of mystics, of spirit or muscle, are fighting one another for power to rule you, snarling that love is the solution for all the problems of your spirit and that a whip is the solution for all the problems of your body-you who have agreed to have no mind. Granting man less dignity than they grant to cattle, ignoring what an animal trainer could tell them-that no animal can be trained by fear, that a tortured elephant will trample its torturer, but will not work for him or carry his burdens-they expect man to continue to produce electronic tubes, supersonic airplanes, atom-smashing engines and interstellar telescopes, with his ration of meat for reward and a lash on his back for incentive.”

John Galt
Food for thought on something that was written almost 60 years ago.

El Camexican
04-24-2013, 10:33 AM
“Did you wonder what is wrong with the world? You are now seeing the climax of the creed of the uncaused and unearned. All your gangs of mystics, of spirit or muscle, are fighting one another for power to rule you, snarling that love is the solution for all the problems of your spirit and that a whip is the solution for all the problems of your body-you who have agreed to have no mind. Granting man less dignity than they grant to cattle, ignoring what an animal trainer could tell them-that no animal can be trained by fear, that a tortured elephant will trample its torturer, but will not work for him or carry his burdens-they expect man to continue to produce electronic tubes, supersonic airplanes, atom-smashing engines and interstellar telescopes, with his ration of meat for reward and a lash on his back for incentive.”

John Galt
Food for thought on something that was written almost 60 years ago.

Seems people were a lot smarter back then...

El Camexican
04-30-2013, 05:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-slams-boston-police-gone-too-far-170321289.html

Some great comments on here about freedoms and such.

redsox
04-30-2013, 08:11 PM
I like Ron Paul. I consider him entertaining, and thought provoking. And, although I share many of his views, and I have a general disdain for the federal government, I do believe that he is a nut. His views on many issues are just crackers. I think his best work is his "end the fed" work on the economy, and he should stick to that. His thoughts on addiction, immigration, and the border are far less realistic. But those are another day's can of worms. What he is missing, specific to this case, is what i tried to touch on earlier. This wasn't the Federal Government attacking a city. That just plain didn't happen. I don't know what you guys are seeing on the news, but take that into consideration. You, and perhaps Mr. Paul, are getting fed a storyline by a media that cannot be trusted. This was local cops, many of which live in the areas searched, coming to the aid of their neighbors, who were legitimately scared for their safety. Isn't that a staple of Ron Paul's plan? Strong local Government? Isn't he a proponent of self-reliance? Well, I feel Boston did a pretty good job standing up for itself. Of course, the aftermath is a joke, with everyone from every agency chasing power, pointing fingers, and chasing federal dollars, that will undoubtedly be funneled into this city. again (9/11). "because if you don't support pole cameras, the terrorists win." i guess in the end my point is, don't let the news fool you, and don't let the politicians fool you. it was a victory for the good guys when that kid got caught.

Mosh
05-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Redsox. I had this reply typed out last week for you, but just felt no need to push the issue further until today in light of these new posts.

I can understand where my statements last week, may border the line of paranoia, to the extent they almost come off as panicked. However, I am confused by the "No martial Law" being implemented.(As you stated it was not.) I am sorry, it was by that very definition, and IMO I don't feel the situation was really warranted to the extent they took it to. Anytime you have orders to stay indoors as Swat, LEO's, and some military, are cruising the streets in heavy armored vehicles, that is Martial law. Not nonsense.
I am not discounting people were scared and asking for help, but there is tons of video and comments circulating around where people were treated less than desired. I too feel that most did their jobs to the best fo their ability.

What maybe is covered up in my rant, was the primary concern that peoples rights were technically "put aside" for this situation, and certain terms of action (martial law) were re-worded to be misperesented. It warrants questions and review, that it not become a "normal' operating procedure, just because they felt that it was needed in this situation. The "give em an inch, they take a mile" comes into play, in my and others concerns. "People" need not become complacent, that these types of actions become acceptable maintsream practices for every small event.(Not by any means was this a small event). I am fully aware of the 4th ammendment, and at the time of it's inception it was plain black and white. But recent changes to it, have basically stripped the main meaning of it, right down to being open to subjection, or interperatation. And judging by comments and internet votings on comparable topics including Ron paul's rant, many other people feel that the rights are being infrindged upon more and more.

And now, you have a California town on lockdown for the manhunt of a child murderer.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/rural-calif-community-lockdown-cops-hunt-killer-article-1.1330894

While the situation is quite different in the ways they are conducting the police business, I feel that the Boston lockdown may have set a precedence or normality to the point where these types of actions become the norm and the general "sheltered" want help citizens welcome it and even begin to call for it all too often..
You are right, I don't put that much faith in the govt to pull many things off without appearing to include some sort of confusion and dis-aray.
but to some they do blame that whole Boston mess on the the agencies. I mean when these immigrants collected section 8 housing, tax exemptions and even welfare to the tune of 100 grand by our agencies, some technically consider that whole incedent funded by our own taxe payers.

redsox
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Mosh, a couple of things. First, please don't misconstrue my tone as offended, or offensive. i'm just musing with some debate, on a subject i feel i can speak about, due to factors such as geography, among others. Nothing you have said has offended me, as I am thick skinned, and very, very easy going. In fact, based on what i've read of your posts, here and elsewhere, i think we have a great deal of common ground between us. Politically, i consider myself a conservative constitutionalist, bordering on libertarian. I grew up Irish Catholic in Boston. I own guns, ride three wheelers, distrust the government, and drink beer (not always in that order). I voted for Romney, but i would have preferred Reagan. I dislike the direction of the Republican Party, and the size of the debt and the size of the Government. I believe people should take care of themselves, and their families. I try to keep informed on issues and in politics, but i generally stay away from heated discussion, because it usually depresses me. You see, very, very few people where i'm from even lean right, much less stand out on the wing. I am constantly towing the company line against a tide of liberalism. It has become tiresome, so i've given it up. I truly believe we are doomed, and have relegated myself to this fact. i am taxed up to my eyeballs, and i get nauseous at how every cent of those dollars are spent. but enough about me. lets talk Boston martial law. It didn't happen. As you stated, there were LEO's, SWAT, and Military assets in the streets. Correct. But, LEO's and SWAT are the same thing. SWAT is a type of LEO. What is also true is there were federal, state, and local LEO's from all over New England. And, to be clear, they were saturated in a rather small area, looking for someone. As far as the military, they played a support role. More precisely, a small number of national guard came out to help feed and fuel and give water to the police. they were not "patrolling" anywhere. They have no jurisdiction, right of arrest, or police powers, even in a state of emergency. There were also firemen from NYC cooking cheeseburgers for the police. Drove up on their own dime. They didn't arrest anybody either, but nobody complained about them. i guess red trucks are more welcome than green ones. Anyway, if that is the definition of martial law, then perhaps I misunderstand it. Because I think its something different. I stand by the Constitution. I oppose unreasonable search and seizure. But if a child murderer, (which is among the crimes this guy is guilty of) runs into a building, i believe that the police should be able to chase him before he hurts someone else. I'd want the cops to chase him if he blew me up. here's an example. if your house was on fire, should the fire department be able to enter to save your family? of course they should. It's unreasonable to think that they shouldn't. no warrant necessary. its a social contract. its part of being human, and the fabric of civilized society. same principles apply here. "Patrolling the streets in Armored vehicles"? I can't remember the last time armor hurt anyone. these maniacs were throwing bombs out at the cops. what should they have chased them in? would bicycles have been better? In closing, i don't like that this thing happened. I don't like any part of it. I don't like the terrorism, and i don't like the so-called "lock-down", and i don't like cops riding around in armored cars, and i don't like that a little kid got killed, and that people got hurt and that a cop got killed. but it happened. all of it. because of a million theoretical reasons, it happened. After it happened, if the good guys didn't catch that bad guy, he would do it again. maybe in your town. maybe not. choose to respond if you like, however you'd like. i'd like to hear your thoughts. no matter what you write, or if you refrain, i will buy you a beer someday, and i'll tell you a joke that'll offend you. i know quite a few. cheers.:beer

Mosh
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah it is all good. There was a time on these forums when discussions like these easily got out of hand, and wound up into 30 page debates that rivaled a lot of "how to jet my carb discussions" that never seemed to go anywhere. :lol:

It seems as though we have a lot in common.
Basically with the events in Boston, I will venture to wage that the differences we see on it, are all in one's perception. It is refreshing and educational to particpate in discussions of this nature. I seem to learn something new in most cases, wheter it be about the discussion or persons involved in it.

So I don't sense any offensiveness at all, nor do I intend to be offensive.

As far as something like that (occupation/manhunt) if you will, happening where I live: We are pretty conservative around these rural areas. Far from "progressive" ideas and movements that are found in other regions of the U.S.
Fortunately, I have had the experiences of traveling most of the U.S. with my Dad, and have experienced different persona's and such in my life. There are many variances to people's attitudes and outlooks based on geography, so I understand where you are coming from in your point of view especially since you were so close to the events.
It would be interesting to see how actions like that would go over in our community, allthough I hope that we never have to face something like that, and I would like to believe that the rest of the nation will not have to experience things of these tragic natures.
I was thinking to myself a few weeks ago, that less than 100 years ago, most communities may have formed a "lynch mob" or deputize regular citizens to seek justice with incidents like Boston, and now many put their faith and calling in others to do that, which is not a bad thing as long as things are done correctly. I am not saying private lynch mobs are/were the answer, just noticing how much things have changed.

I do feel that a manhunt was warranted. However a knock on a door with the residents saying "nothing going on here officers, move along" without incident, is the way I hope it was handled, vs what I have heard and seen even though there are many factors that I am probably unaware of, and tall tales on the NET can get real out of hand.

redsox
05-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Well i read all the splitting hairs about unimportant sh!t and then the ARSE licking that ensues .......and ive decided that YOU ALL ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM ! Here is a new word for your vocabulary- NULLIFICATION what does he mean ? How dare he talk to us this way ! Facefack , Twatter friggin SHEEPLE ! BAAAH nothing will ever change unless you make it change ! You need to ball up you metro sexual`s ! An example of nullification are the medical marijuana laws in some states ! EM-KAY ......oh but Ron Pauls a kook.......you`re a freakin kook , you chose a muslim or silver spoon boy ? Ya gotta be kidding me ! Lets give all the muslim immigrants amnesty so we can watch them suicide bomb the sh!t out of us on tv ! It makes for good ratings don`t you think ? NO......YOU DON`T THINK . You just keep squirming for more money every day until the federal reserve bank decides to foreclose on your assets...........and i`m an arse hole ?

hahahahaha. awesome. glad you've got it all figured out. lead the way, oh great and mighty pious political pioneer!!! i agree that as soon as we figure out this "marginally legal weed issue" that we're tangling with, everything else will take care of itself.

Scootertrash
05-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Well i read all the splitting hairs about unimportant sh!t and then the ARSE licking that ensues .......and ive decided that YOU ALL ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM ! Here is a new word for your vocabulary- NULLIFICATION what does he mean ? How dare he talk to us this way ! Facefack , Twatter friggin SHEEPLE ! BAAAH nothing will ever change unless you make it change ! You need to ball up you metro sexual`s ! An example of nullification are the medical marijuana laws in some states ! EM-KAY ......oh but Ron Pauls a kook.......you`re a freakin kook , you chose a muslim or silver spoon boy ? Ya gotta be kidding me ! Lets give all the muslim immigrants amnesty so we can watch them suicide bomb the sh!t out of us on tv ! It makes for good ratings don`t you think ? NO......YOU DON`T THINK . You just keep squirming for more money every day until the federal reserve bank decides to foreclose on your assets...........and i`m an arse hole ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/koko27/Other%20GIFS/boythatescalatedquickly.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/koko27/media/Other%20GIFS/boythatescalatedquickly.gif.html)

Put down the pipe, chief.

Another incoherent rambling from someone in one of the most screwed up states in this country. glamy, what exactly are you doing to fix your STATE? Let alone the country? Lead a plan that straightens out your state, then I'll listen to your national plan. You post here about the immigrant overload in your state, but yet you stay there and whine about it. What are YOU doing to fix it? Can't be much, it's broke and keeps going further and further down the toilet.

No offense to other Californians here. ;)

Ron Paul? Some of his ideas are good, but he comes off as a crackpot. His son on the other hand I could possibly vote for.

Ron Paul is just another rich politician, with a net worth of 2-5 million, with an Average Net Worth of: $3,560,018:
http://www.davemanuel.com/pols/ron-paul/

What was that you were saying about a silver spoon?

Scootertrash
05-03-2013, 10:24 AM
I never said one word about Romney, you did, and what you do with Romney and what's left behind when you guys are done isn't my concern.

Politicians all suck: Democrats want to be your Mother and force you to do what they think is good for you, Republicans want to be your Father and force you to live your life like they think you should.

FWIW, they are trying to push thru a bill for "undocumented" people to have access to public funding for education and scholarships here in Minnesota. I'll be firing off another letter to my Liberal politicians, even tho it won't do any good, because they are comvinced that they know what's good for me and my state.

As far as the MA debacle goes: I agree with some of the things both Mosh and redsox said. They told people to stay in their homes and not come outside and basically locked down a town. They don't do it when a mass murderer or other dangerous criminal escapes from prison or goes on a rampage and this scenario should have been no different. There were homes that people asked to have searched and homes that were searched forcibly.

I've seen pics of the armored vehicles, pics people took out of their windows of the bombers during the first fire fight, and a pic of a cop pointing his AR at a citizen taking a picture out of his upstairs window. I'll see if I can find them and post them up here.

ETA: Here is a link to pics from the incident taken by a resident of the building where the firefight took place:
http://www.getonhand.com/blogs/news/7743337-boston-bombing-suspect-shootout-pictures

Self reliance means being able to handle all situations you may encounter in life. The government and the police cannot and should not always be there to protect you. In a situation like this you should be smart enough to do a walk-around of your home and see if anything is out of place that would suggest your home or a shed, (or a boat? ;) ) may have been broken into, then call the cops if needed. The bad guy was found by a citizen OUTSIDE the lockdown perimeter who noticed blood on his driveway and the cover to his boat was disturbed.

People are far too dependent on others to protect them today.

El Camexican
05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm loving these posts! I figure years from now when the government finally gets so big that it can’t pay itself and taxes get high enough that there is no incentive to work the whole thing will self-implode and reset. Muslims will blame infidels, Christians will blame Jews, Liberals will blame Conservatives etc. and all hell will break loose as we scamper about burnt cities like squirrels looking for a nut to sustain us till the next day.

Those left alive who’ve lived in and known better times will lament that someone should have done something sooner, but deep inside they will know that someone was them and they will have to live with that fact. Sadly it’s inevitable, Rome fell as did all the ancient civilizations before it and I’m sure they all thought their systems would last forever.

The only thing that can save America (and those of us living around it) is it’s Constitution. It is what made America great and if it is ignored, circumnavigated and changed it won’t have failed you, you will have failed it.

I just hope I don't live long enough to see it all go down in flames.

Dirtcrasher
05-04-2013, 07:04 PM
We need to execute that beyatch as well!!

"My son would never do this!!"