PDA

View Full Version : I Wish I Could Use This!

88 Turbo Coupe
04-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Haven't seen one of these in a long time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-250R-ATC-HONDALINE-300-KIT-ORIGINAL-STYROFOAM-BOX-INSERT-RARE-RACE-/290900372923?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bb036dbb&vxp=mtr

bkm
04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Alright, this crap has officially crossed over into the realm of Nuts-o-ville when we start selling the freaking styrofoam that the parts were packaged in. Simpily amazing. I'm slowly starting to hate this hobby.

atc007
04-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I would say that's a good way of thinking outside the box,but it was in. Relax Brian lol.

yaegerb
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Are you effing kidding me...seriously? Some dude is trying to sell styrofoam that held a 300 kit? What the hell would you do with it? Couldn't agree with Bryan more...this is getting el stupido.

DasUberKraut
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
$25 for Styrofoam. Impressive.

That's a shelf piece right there, son!

JayBone
04-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm cracking up! funny stuff.

bkm
04-17-2013, 03:17 PM
I would say that's a good way of thinking outside the box,but it was in. Relax Brian lol.I know I get fed up pretty quickly with things and then come back around, but its just got out of hand lately. Short track kits selling for $3500, oem rear tires selling for $500, headlight plastic going for $350. Its just nuts. I can't even buy plastic for my Tecate unless I want to buy five sets. It might be time to stop the three wheeler madness while I'm still halfway sane.

It figures, I decide to get back into it after the days when you couldn't give this sh!t away, now you need to be a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company in order to enjoy it.

LastFoolerInVA
04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
I
It figures, I decide to get back into it after the days when you couldn't give this sh!t away, now you need to be a CEO of a Fortune 500 Company in order to enjoy it.

I said something along these lines in another post & someone got all sh*tty with me.... the price of trike parts is going through the roof!!! trying to find good condition cases for my 85 r was a nightmare... & the "mint" ones I ended finding (almost $400) still had damage, the drain plug hole had been drilled out & re tapped with a huge *ss bolt... flee bay man... you just never know....

Styrofoam for a 300 kit?? Well, if you have the original packaging it adds 5 hp!!!

Howdy
04-17-2013, 03:56 PM
I would say that's a good way of thinking outside the box,but it was in. Relax Brian lol.

I would be willing to say "Thinking inside the box". LMAO
Howdy

atc007
04-17-2013, 04:17 PM
In all seriousness guys.If I had a 300 kit,and the box,but needed this. And wanted the kit together on the shelf to sell or to have. It would be sold! Is what it is. Try to focus on the all the money your SITTING on if it gets to bothering you Brian. I understand both sides..

sp8twn
04-17-2013, 04:46 PM
I've always wanted a empty box!!!!

JasonB
04-17-2013, 04:50 PM
i sold a box of my poop on ebay one time.

kb0nly
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Hmm, that really doesn't surprise me... In my other hobby, Amateur Radio, i know guys that will pay a premium on older gear if you have the original factory box and packing material. I made an extra $200 one time by selling an older Yaesu radio with the original box and the buyer emails me and pays an extra $20 to pack it in a larger box so as to preserve the original box further. Unfortunately ATC's have become a collectors market as well, anything that isn't made anymore becomes collectible eventually, and the ATC's seem to be going through a bit of rebirth right now. When i was playing with them there wasn't another one in town, and now in the last couple years i know of another half dozen right here in my little town. There is a guy about a two hour drive from me out in South Dakota that does nothing but repair, rebuild, and sell complete and parts for ATC's. He's the biggest competition i have around here for Craigslist ad's, usually by the time i email a seller he already has it spoken for. Dude makes thousands on eBay selling parts.

JasonB
04-17-2013, 05:42 PM
its bound to happen eventually. playing with hobbies like these isnt cheap. Look at people playing with new quads, they pay a premium to ride new and newer machines with the prices for replacement parts and such. And aftermarket parts for them is steep too. Regardless of how you look at it, this is not a cheap hobby and unfortunately as the number of these bikes dwindle the price will increase. RESCUE RESTORE REUSE

Jason125m
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Hoard on boys.... prices are only going up :) You will never see me sell anything anytime soon :D
Guess i should start saving packaging also! LOL

Whos got R parts to sell me ? :D

kb0nly
04-17-2013, 09:20 PM
I think i shall hoard my parts also, i got two shelfs of spare engine parts, spare electrical and body parts, and even one complete spare motor, i won't sell ANY of that stuff its my personal stash to keep my stuff going.

Howdy
04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I think i shall hoard my parts also, i got two shelfs of spare engine parts, spare electrical and body parts, and even one complete spare motor, i won't sell ANY of that stuff its my personal stash to keep my stuff going.

You would have a heart attack if you seen my stash. If I ever have to move them I will have to call in a couple semi's. Mik6, Hagen and others have seen the shop. I try to hold onto parts for the machines I ride. But at some point to you have to ask yourself: "How much is too much?". I can't answer that question, but I do know I have reached the too much thresh hold.

Howdy

TheBlueWale
04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Here's one for you guys, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-Stadium-Events-CIB-Complete-in-Box-NORTH-AMERICAN-NTSC-VERSION-/111038409786?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19da67ac3a the game cartridge NTSC version (not PAL) will sell for 1000-2000 (w/o box or manual), because it has the box and instructions... well they're asking what they're asking, but they can probably get 10k for it being in the condition it is, with the box and manual... Enuff said

BIGREDGUY
04-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Hmm, that really doesn't surprise me... In my other hobby, Amateur Radio, i know guys that will pay a premium on older gear if you have the original factory box and packing material. I made an extra $200 one time by selling an older Yaesu radio with the original box and the buyer emails me and pays an extra $20 to pack it in a larger box so as to preserve the original box further. Unfortunately ATC's have become a collectors market as well, anything that isn't made anymore becomes collectible eventually, and the ATC's seem to be going through a bit of rebirth right now. When i was playing with them there wasn't another one in town, and now in the last couple years i know of another half dozen right here in my little town. There is a guy about a two hour drive from me out in South Dakota that does nothing but repair, rebuild, and sell complete and parts for ATC's. He's the biggest competition i have around here for Craigslist ad's, usually by the time i email a seller he already has it spoken for. Dude makes thousands on eBay selling parts.

There is a guy in St. Cloud, MN that does the same thing.

greenhuman
04-19-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm lucky I kept the air out my 250R tires when I got it new.
I have it for sale if anyone is interested.

atc350xer
04-19-2013, 05:49 PM
But at some point to you have to ask yourself: "How much is too much?".
My brother always tells me, if you have TWO more of something, THEN you have an extra... gotta keep one part for yourself :lol:

atc350xer
04-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Here's one for you guys, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-Stadium-Events-CIB-Complete-in-Box-NORTH-AMERICAN-NTSC-VERSION-/111038409786?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19da67ac3a the game cartridge NTSC version (not PAL) will sell for 1000-2000 (w/o box or manual), because it has the box and instructions... well they're asking what they're asking, but they can probably get 10k for it being in the condition it is, with the box and manual... Enuff said I'd offer a dollar.

yamaha225dr
04-20-2013, 01:08 AM
The big thing that scares me most about the rise in popularity is thefts! Anytime I leave the house I make sure the shop is locked up tight and a vehicle is parked so close to the doors that it would be impossible to open them! Maybe I am just paranoid though.