PDA

View Full Version : Big update for TF drags this year guys Check it out

Xowner
04-17-2013, 07:02 PM
This year we have took the plunge into getting a timing system, While we opted for a very basic set up. Its going to fit us awesome. It will have a start,red light and a finish setup. Im still trying to get the sensors set up and protected because they are very $$$. But here is a pictures of the tree ( missing two bulbs They got dropped :/ ) This set up is very expensive and we will be taking donations for the payment of this and the upgrading of this set up. Hopefully I can get it outside in a few days and get some really good pictures of it and get it set up to where i can tune it and become familiar with it. More info and stuff coming.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z119/Xowner350x/669e23c1-4895-4c2a-8fef-1e5d3f107cf7_zps17c875cd.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/user/Xowner350x/media/669e23c1-4895-4c2a-8fef-1e5d3f107cf7_zps17c875cd.jpg.html)

Questions does anyone know anything about Banner multi-Beam sensors? I have a few questions about them if you do.

stroberts22
04-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Don't get me wrong but I thought the old way was pretty neat. Kinda had the old school arm drop drag racing feel. I think that was why the show pinks was so popular in it's day. I know it was a pain last year when the light stopped working half way through the racing and it will keep someone from eating dust calling the winner at the end of the strip. I guess the change will be good and it will be nice to know your time.

jeswinehart
04-17-2013, 07:41 PM
That is just awesome ! I do not mean to short change any of the other trikes sites in NO way shape OR manner but I gotta say it is exstreamly pleasing to belong and part of 3ww with all the things this site dose. Helps familys + members when possible. Puts on one HECK of a show at TrikeFest meets and not to mention we have a well formulated internet site that moderators are not afraid to step up to the plate work wise and do what is required.

Now this, A real professional Xmas tree ! freaking awesome.

john + Liway

ATC-Eric
04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Awesome man!

Daddio
04-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Very cool indeed!!!

loshe191
04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
cool that will be awesome

CRAZY70MAN
04-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Nice Jonathan!! Should save a lot of time and human error disputes...ya know what I'm sayin???? John will not have to be dressed like a train robber at the finish line..right Mr. Swinehart?? No dust!!!!!

Bryan Raffa
04-17-2013, 08:45 PM
about time!! whoop whoop! will it have print out time sheets for each lane...? when I ran with atvspecialevents.com it was nice to know your ,60 300.. does it have the option to upgrade? I bet ronnie and roger are fist bumpin!

jeswinehart
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Hahaha @ CRAZY70MAN :) I think you will still see me at the end of the track. Great starts are nice but the finish line is definitely thee best seat in the house IMO.

JasonB
04-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Oh hell ya! That is going to be awesome, I will donate at TF as funds allow ;)

big specht
04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
LOOKS GOOD and when I read there was big changes I thought you are going to allow wheely bars in the 70 class:naughty:

Matt85'350x
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM
I happen to know about banner sensors. I'm working on a system right now that has a banner light curtain. What are your questions?

Howdy
04-17-2013, 10:49 PM
about time!! whoop whoop! will it have print out time sheets for each lane...? when I ran with atvspecialevents.com it was nice to know your ,60 300.. does it have the option to upgrade? I bet ronnie and roger are fist bumpin!

This particular system don't have the print out. That option alone was $325 for the printer plus $0.45 per ft for the cable. This would have had to be put in a enclosed area to keep the dust out of the printer. If we can figure out a way to hook up a cheap printer and such then we can do this.

This system cost a bundle as it was. We had a budget to work with and this took most of it. But VERY well worth it. IMO
Howdy

just ben
04-17-2013, 11:02 PM
very cool. I'm sure setting it up on earlier in the week(of TF) for tests would be benificial. how about another class? Stock improved maybe? Kinda a bummer that any change from stock has to run in the open class.

Xowner
04-17-2013, 11:06 PM
very cool. I'm sure setting it up on earlier in the week(of TF) for tests would be benificial. how about another class? Stock improved maybe? Kinda a bummer that any change from stock has to run in the open class.

Where did you get that? There is a mod class between the stock and open?

Xowner
04-17-2013, 11:08 PM

Like howdy said, we cut some off the fluff outta of the system to get our self in the door. When we come up with some more cash we can upgrade the system to do 60 ft and print out. Also this doesnt have the prestage option either. It just has a single beam.

Matt pm sent

Xowner
04-19-2013, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFCnzdTQ0sThe one we used at the Adirondack ATV Club .cost about $4500 . Heres a pic and some video of it being used. 167643

How did you guys protect the sensors and the cable?

jeswinehart
05-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Any vids of its operation yet ? Picture maybe ~ ?? Light time sequence ???

MIK6
05-03-2013, 11:31 PM
The ny atv drag made a overhead pvc frame..no glue so it could be pulled apart for transport.. Ts on the bottm and stakes and ropes holding it up.. worked great!

MIK6/ Mike

tecat-z
06-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Nice tree! Although i won't be racing in this years drags, i will be watching
with many memories of years past. Competing alongside with some great
people and machines over the years has been so much fun. Can't wait for
The Thurs evening grudge racing. That's my favorite time of T.F...