PDA

View Full Version : suzuki alt 125 bogging down in third, stalling.

shemrahboo
04-17-2013, 11:01 PM
I have two alt 125s and the one with lower mileage has been running real rich. :wondering:wondering

I can keep her running in first and second with no problems but when i hit third ill get her going and she just starts sputtering and bogging down.

Trying to downshift helps sometimes, but if its not at the right time she just stalls out. I've tried the idle screw, as it idles really high. No avail, it just becomes to rich and then leaning it out just sends her into such a high rpm, i cant shift into first (or reverse for that matter) or she pops up, spitting me off the back.

any suggestions, 3ww? I have looked at the manual and im not ready to take a carb off and clean it myself, hoping i might could avoid this.

thanks in advance!!!

shemrahboo
04-17-2013, 11:24 PM
I just want to note that it sounds like it back firing or something when im trying to give it gas in 3rd or 4th. It Sounds alot like a Dirt bike.

shemrahboo
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
after some more research i thin th efuel pump could be leaking into the vaccum line. any body ever takle something like this? what would i need to do

briano
04-24-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm not to sure. But if that's what your dirt bike sounds like too, it could also use some TLC.

Xfile
04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi, if you want to know if your fuel pump is leaking into the vacuum line, just replace the vacuum line with a clear one and start the engine, you will see the fuel flow in the vacuum line if the fuel pump diaphragm is damaged. Fuel pumps are not hard to rebuild, the kits run between 25 and 40 $. To me it sounds like your going to have to dig into that carburetor. What you describe sounds like partially clogged jets and or fuel/air passages.

shemrahboo
04-29-2013, 10:56 PM
hella thanks man!

gunna dig into the carb this weekend.

I heard it could potentially be the reeds, im not sure if i can get into that myself though.

Xfile
04-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Reeds is not your problem if your machine is a suzuki ALT, they are four stroke engines which do not use reeds, only some two stroke engines do.