PDA

View Full Version : who got the atc 90 55mm rocky piston kit on ebay today??

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
04-18-2013, 12:59 AM
All right who got the 55mm rocky piston kit on ebay today you beat me grrr!!!:mad: Lol but seriously who scored it i was trying to bid off my phone at work and ran out of luck

HappyTrail
04-18-2013, 03:57 AM
That would be me. No harm intended. Lol .Wish there were more to go around for everyone. It's going on a NOS 58mm crank. Which is on deck after my 110/138 rebuild. I'm wondering if anymore will appear from this seller as Im sure you know they occasionally put these critters up back to back. Later that evening I was beat for a hopped up head by someone who was bidding with me on the piston. Would that be you? I was at work and couldn't concentrate on my last second bid. Guess I had it coming.:lol:

shortline10
04-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Dr ATV sells decent big bore kit for the Atc 90 and the skirt is already stroker cut. That kit is ok but the rings were known for being horable, very similar to the big al's kit.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
04-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Wasn't me i didn't see that head got a link. I have a 54mm piston kit that i can put in when i ever get enough stuff for a engine.

HappyTrail
04-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Wasn't me i didn't see that head got a link. I have a 54mm piston kit that i can put in when i ever get enough stuff for a engine. Your better off with the 54mm, the 55 pushes the limits of the sleeve. Most likely I'll have to resleeve a jug and hog out the spigot on the case to make it work. I think I may have removed my listing on the auction for the head. It didn't have any valve work but mentioned the intake being opened up. There were allen head screws on the side cover which was a clue that it had been on a built motor.. The kicker was a cam came with it which most likely was a racing came. Look forward to seeing your Pauter build.

HappyTrail
04-19-2013, 04:47 AM
Dr ATV sells decent big bore kit for the Atc 90 and the skirt is already stroker cut. That kit is ok but the rings were known for being horable, very similar to the big al's kit.Thanks for the info on the rings. I'm assuming they wear fast and cause blowby. Hopefully they dont snap easy. I learn something new everyday. I Wish Dr ATV's. 54mm hi comp was a little higher compression. I haven't tried one yet, but am sure I will someday.

shortline10
04-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Later that evening I was beat for a hopped up head by someone who was bidding with me on the piston. Would that be you? I was at work and couldn't concentrate on my last second bid. Guess I had it coming.:lol:

Hummmm sorry bout that :lol: will let you know if theirs anything special about it when it arrives .
Why don't you guy use a sniper service ?

HappyTrail
04-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Hummmm sorry bout that :lol: will let you know if theirs anything special about it when it arrives .
Why don't you guy use a sniper service ? Win some lose some. The fun is in the chase sometimes. I have had a pretty high success rate when it has come to something I Just had to have without a sniper. I have a nack for last second bidding. Definitely let me know if there is anything special about it. I have a few extra heads and cams lying around to keep me busy Anyway.:lol: Also was interested in it cause Im certain I have the pk intake and vm24 that came off it.

shortline10
04-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Well the head came in today and its got some decent porting and a cam that is marked Norris . Did he ever have the cylinder and piston listed for this head ? From the looks of the head gasket it should be 61mm ish .
Think I'll send him a message to find out LOL .

Win some lose some. The fun is in the chase sometimes. I have had a pretty high success rate when it has come to something I Just had to have without a sniper. I have a nack for last second bidding. Definitely let me know if there is anything special about it. I have a few extra heads and cams lying around to keep me busy Anyway.:lol: Also was interested in it cause Im certain I have the pk intake and vm24 that came off it.

90guy
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Well the head came in today and its got some decent porting and a cam that is marked Norris . Did he ever have the cylinder and piston listed for this head ? From the looks of the head gasket it should be 61mm ish .
Ive been waiting to see if he posts the cylinder and piston for it. I keep buying all his other tidbits lol. Got another bandito chain tensioner the other day from him.

HappyTrail
04-25-2013, 06:02 AM
I've been watching his sales and haven't seen any cylinder yet. Darn I knew that head was special. Lol. These goodies popped for me last night. Hopefully I can get some life out of them.168233168234168235168236 You have to look close at the crank but the turned down oil shaft gave it away. Little over $100 for everything. Love the buy it now's.

HappyTrail
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Did you ever send the seller a message?

shortline10
04-26-2013, 07:42 AM
Oh yeah I sent a message to him but haven't gotten a response yet.