PDA

View Full Version : New Project?

ATC NUT
04-18-2013, 10:06 AM
In 1985 the third year I raced trikes we had just got into the liquid cooled 250r's...Then came the Quadracer there was no class for them to race back then so they put them in with us...They were fast and won races..I always felt it was unfair..When I quit racing there were more fours than threes...Last week I was given A Suzuki LT 250r by a old buddy of mine..It's in bad shape but it's all there..I'm considering restoring it just to place beside my 250r..So I can remember how it felt going into the first turn against these things....What do you think?... Should I do it ,or scrap it...The only other 4 wheeler I own Is the one my kids ride...I've always felt it did'nt take much skill to ride one of those things...Let me know

dougspcs
04-18-2013, 11:25 AM
It's a four wheeler..scrap it!!

:beer

IKE-Z
04-18-2013, 11:46 AM
If it's a 85-86 prob better off getting rid of it.

Dave8338
04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Turn it into a trike. WIN, WIN ! :naughty:

ATC NUT
04-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Now thats a good idea

JasonB
04-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Clean it up, I dont think there is any reason for anyone on here to look down on owning a trike or quad or dirt bike. We all enjoy doing the same things with these machines, it's ignorant to hate another machine because it's not a trike. Enjoy it, fix it and ride it. Apprecite vintage equipment, even if it wasn't the baddest machine in it's day

ATC NUT
04-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Clean it up, I dont think there is any reason for anyone on here to look down on owning a trike or quad or dirt bike. We all enjoy doing the same things with these machines, it's ignorant to hate another machine because it's not a trike. Enjoy it, fix it and ride it. Apprecite vintage equipment, even if it wasn't the baddest machine in it's day ...Very true I've never rode one of those I just might like it ...Plus It would be on my list to have just like the Tecate 3 and the Tri Z..Suzuki never made a 3 wheeler to compare with them This is as close as it gets. ...But a Lt 250r 3 wheeler conversion would be great.

fastatc70
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
As long as the lt 250 is a 1987 or newer its worth rebuilding. The 85 had reeds below the cylinder and where junk. The 86 where a little better but still not worth restoring. The 87 and newer had the power valve and a lot better motor design. I had a 88 lt250 and a 86 TRX 250r in stock trim with pipes the lt was faster and had an easer motor to ride with. If the year is right I say go for it