PDA

View Full Version : clutch wont engage, need you guys one more time!!???

trykenandy
12-17-2003, 04:59 PM
regarding my 1986 trx 250r: hey guys just so you know i got the compression issue under control. I owe you a thanks for helping me... I ended up having to bore the sleeve .50 over. But im on the home stretch. Ive got it running like a champ and still breaking it in. But I cant seem to get it to move :rolleyes:. I took the clutch plates out and wiped off all the oil, checked everything out and it all looks right, to my untrained eye. My concern is that it might be the " action from the clutch rod, and the clutch lifter. I'm not completely understanding the theory of operation. If someone could explain and maybe let me know if this could be the cause id appreciate once again. I picked up the rear of the bike when it was in first gear. The wheels spun at a very slow, "snail" rate of speed. I can actually leave it in gear and get off and it wont shut down. So any help would be cool.

TRI-Zbrian
12-17-2003, 07:04 PM
make shure the adjuster on your clutch lever isnt adjusted to tight it will make your clutch slip. you are suposed to have a tiny bit of play in the lever so it isnt pulling the clutch in before you pull it your self. over time it will also burn your clutch plates up from slipping all the time.

whiteman350x
12-17-2003, 08:22 PM
If you have the pressure plate in the wrong holes, it wont work. The books don't usually mention this. There should be an index mark on the inner basket and one on the pressure plate. Line these up and try it. I almost wore out an 86 200x taking it apart till I found this trick.

Whiteman

trykenandy
12-18-2003, 02:54 AM
hey thanks, i'll check both of those suggestions tomarrow. I looked in the book for index marks, and your right, they dont say anything about lining them up. OH well, i'll check it out and let you know. thanks

250R4Ever
12-18-2003, 01:09 PM
If you have the pressure plate in the wrong holes, it wont work. The books don't usually mention this. There should be an index mark on the inner basket and one on the pressure plate. Line these up and try it. I almost wore out an 86 200x taking it apart till I found this trick.

Whiteman

whiteman is right, you have to line up the mark on the clutch basket, inner hub and pressure plate, line all three of those up and it should be good to go.

trykenandy
12-18-2003, 03:16 PM
thanks, i havent had a chance yet but im goint to get to it hopefully tomarrow. I had no idea, you would think that the books would say something of it. Ive got a book for the trx and the atc 250r and neither speak of it!! well im glad that someone else too has heard of it, i hope it works!!!! good to go!!!