PDA

View Full Version : Go pro upload??

Dirtcrasher
04-22-2013, 10:12 PM
I tried 3X to upload a small video from the small port on Go Pro to USB and after 100% transfers I get an upload failed.

Anyhow, I'm lost. May have to call Go-Pro; I can't find crap.

The vid plays perfect at my pc.

Dirtcrasher
04-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Well, I formatted my PC because it had so much crap on it; I had hopes that I could get the video up.

Nope, nothing; I wish Dcreel was here.

I can't post any pics or the short video....

Dirtcrasher
04-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Well, I wish someone had some suggestions. I have watched so many you tube videos to try to figure out this POS.

I'm getting ready to smash things and throw them out the window.

Technology suks.............................................. ......

Dirtcrasher
04-23-2013, 10:26 PM
I give up. I will enjoy smashing this to pieces. No help, can't find a forum. I'm done. Spent the whole day with this POS.

Jason125m
04-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I'd love to help you, but i just can't understand your question. You can view the videos on your pc, but it will not copy the files from your memory card to your PC harddrive?

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Yes, I can get them to my desktop and drop and drag them to Photobucket or "browse" my computer and upload that way which also fails.

It just suks to finally buy a Go Pro and not be able to share with you guys...........

I was thinking of paying for the 25$ a year photobucket account; Although it says I have only used 14% of capacity.

Go Pro downloads to my desktop just fine.

wisconsinite
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Is it a large file? Slow internet conection? Try making a short vid, 1 or 2 minutes, and see if that will work. If it does, the vi you are trying to load may be to large for the site restrictions, or your net connection.

atc007
04-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Wish I could help ya Steve, But I can't : (( I know how dam frustrating it can be !!

Jason125m
04-24-2013, 09:24 PM
It will not let you copy the file to a new folder on your desktop either? How many GB is the file? What operating system are you using? ( xp, vista, 7, etcetcetc)

I don't think this is a problem with the gopro as much as it is a problem with your computer.

I just drag and drop them into a folder on my desktop that i named " raw footage " works fine everytime and i have a piece of junk computer.

Don't give up on it, they are very fun little cameras.

fire1
04-24-2013, 09:28 PM
You might check out http://www.goproforums.com/

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2013, 09:42 PM
It will not let you copy the file to a new folder on your desktop either? How many GB is the file? What operating system are you using? ( xp, vista, 7, etcetcetc)

I don't think this is a problem with the go pro as much as it is a problem with your computer.

I just drag and drop them into a folder on my desktop that i named " raw footage " works fine everytime and i have a piece of junk computer.

Don't give up on it, they are very fun little cameras.

THANK YOU all for chiming in!!

Windows 7 as my OS

It is only 15 minutes of footage. Downloaded to (PC) my library and then I copied it to my desktop. It is a 4GB SD card but a fairly short video.

Dragged it on and it takes 10 minutes to load and then says "upload failed".

I'm pissed because it wasn't cheap and I wanted to show you guys my MX track and the changes I was going to make.

fire1
04-24-2013, 09:46 PM
What file format is it on you computer MP4, AVI. There were several tutorials on YouTube on how to upload to YouTube from a gopro.

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2013, 09:49 PM
You might check out http://www.goproforums.com/

Thank you, I checked it out; Doesn't seem to be a website with allot of traffic and they seem to focus on Go Pro HD3.

I have watched you tube videos, googled and followed every trail with not much help.......

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
What file format is it on you computer MP4, AVI. There were several tutorials on YouTube on how to upload to YouTube from a gopro.

MP4 on my desktop. Thanks for helping.....

fire1
04-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Also I didn't read very well I see you we're trying to upload to photbucket on the free accounts you can only upload 1mb about 5 minutes of video. Like someone suggested shorten down some video to couple minute clips. If you don't have you can down http://gopro.com/software-app/cineform-studio to edit your clips. Don't get discouraged I don't think anything is wrong with your equipment just mabe a little refinement or learning curve.

wisconsinite
04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
My guess is the file size is the problem. 15 minutes doesn't sound like much, but that's actually going to be a pretty large file. Try youtube instead of photobucket? I have pics on imageshack, never tried video though... Might have similar restrictions to photobucket...

Bryan Raffa
04-24-2013, 10:24 PM
wtf is the problem steve... try youtube,, less than 15 min... download to computer first.. call me ill walk ya through it... just dont wanna spend 4 hr arguing with ya...hahhahahahhhahhaha

Dirtcrasher
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
wtf is the problem steve... try youtube,, less than 15 min... download to computer first.. call me ill walk ya through it... just dont wanna spend 4 hr arguing with ya...hahhahahahhhahhaha

Thats what I ended up doing, no issues. Looking forward to seeing you and replacing that 4rs with hugs and baby oil :lol:

I love ya Raffa!