PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Gaskets and seal on '92 185s

baconater
04-23-2013, 10:28 PM
So I've ordered all new gaskets and seals. But would like some tips. :lock:...... I was wondering about setting my timing I really want this thing to run a heck of a lot better when I'm done but, if I cant set every thing back to how it was then I'm in trouble and might end up having a motor that will keep misfiring :(

What should I check when in there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:w00t:

goump1995
04-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Keep the magneto at "T"... This stands for Top Dead Center... TDC. When an engine is at TDC, the cam lobes are pointing DOWN. Knowing that, have the magneto on "T" Have the cam in with the lobes pointing down, adjust the cam chain onto the cam sproket so it lines up with the top link in sync with the top notch on the valve cover and also in sync with the screw holes for the sproket to bolt onto the cam. Once you have that done.. Take out the 14MM cam chain adjuster bolt and have someone push down on the adjuster with you slide the sprocket onto the cam fully. Bolt everything back on and fire it up.

Remeber.. TDC = TOP DEAD CENTER = Piston is at the top of the cylinder = cam lobes pointing DOWN = no valves open.