PDA

View Full Version : the new guys project

Rawxrider
04-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Traded some fab work about 20 years ago for a 86 350x, it was in pieces but had potential. Motor was stroked and built to the hilt 460. Alot of chrome and polished parts ready to be assembled. I thru it together, and was at sand mountain nv beating on it.
Rode it for a few seasons, and had a blast. Only issue was I could not keep the clutch from slipping and constantly was welding the frame back together.
Life changed business took off started racing cars, sand sled went to storage. After moving now for 5 th time in 10 years I decided it was time to take it home and give her some love.
Tore it down last weekend, did a light strip of the frame and thru some chromo gussets on it.

JasonB
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
gussets look real nice, with a little more support here and there she shouldnt keep breaking on ya! and were you using the 350x motor as the platform to achieve 460? I dont know much about them by my brother was producing 400x kits with Sprock and I didnt think there was a hold lot left you could do wtih them displacement wise. not doubting you, just saying its unknown territory for me ;)

looking great though, glad to see your jumping back in!

Rawxrider
04-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Built original motor, strocked and bored

ATC-Eric
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Thats awesome. Welcome aboard.

Do you have any pictures of the bike at its best you can post?

Keep us updated, I look forward to seeing this finished.